What's new

Last Cred Review

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Shockwave: So ****ing good. As always. It was hot and we didn't want to wait so we went in the middle, and the guy I was with greyed out on the double loop and had standing airtime throughout.

This makes me even more disappointed that Shock Wave spited me at Six Flags Over Texas, even after going back to check on it three times throughout my 4-hour visit on a rainy day. To be honest, I was looking forward to it even more than New Texas Giant! I'm very eccentric about classic coasters, Schwarzkopfs in particular, and I love intense rides; from what I've heard, Shock Wave pulls 5.9G's! The most G force I've experienced on a coaster would be Mindbender at Galaxyland, another underrated Schwarzkopf, with 5.5Gs - so Shock Wave would be a step up from that. I dream that if I ever get the chance to return to Six Flags Over Texas, I'll take a ride on Shock Wave.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Got back from CP yesterday with the family, so here's a few:

Gemini Blue: What a fun ride! Not the best thing in the world, but it's a super fun family coaster! Really enjoyed that.

Iron Dragon: Took me five ****ing years to get on it, but I finally did it. It's fine, I guess. Not terrible, just another mine train-type thing.

Top Thrill Dragster: Love love LOVE this ride! That launch, man. Such a rush.

Steel Vengeance: It's not fair for this ride to be this incredible. It's just so intense and relentless with buckets of air.

Matt N

CF Legend
I got back to Alton Towers for a second day today, and I finally stooped low enough to ride a certain credit that’s been bothering me for 4 years, as it was on a pretty much walk-on queue...

Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure was fairly fun as far as kiddie coasters go. I must say it was very smooth, which surprised me considering Zamperla’s reputation! All in all, it was a nice little junior coaster and it was nice to have gotten the final Alton credit I needed, but I don’t think I’ll be doing it again any time soon...
4/10 (2 stars) on overall spectrum, but it was a perfectly fun kiddie coaster.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
New cred: Rollocoaster at Idlewild.. well it exists?
Last Ride: Valravn at Cedar Point.. well it exists?

Matt N

CF Legend
New cred: Rollocoaster at Idlewild.. well it exists?
Last Ride: Valravn at Cedar Point.. well it exists?
I'm surprised by this; SheiKra's awesome, so I don't see what difference vests would make, especially as Valravn has a stronger looking layout, in my opinion?

Snoo

The Legend
I'm surprised by this; SheiKra's awesome, so I don't see what difference vests would make, especially as Valravn has a stronger looking layout, in my opinion?

I mean I'm not a huge fan of DM's anyway but Valravn doesn't share the power of Sheikra, the best DM I've been on. Griffon tends to be weaker as well but Valravn just isn't my cup of tea.

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean I'm not a huge fan of DM's anyway but Valravn doesn't share the power of Sheikra, the best DM I've been on. Griffon tends to be weaker as well but Valravn just isn't my cup of tea.
Ah right. Thanks @Snoo; I must admit that that surprises me somewhat!

Snoo

The Legend
Ah right. Thanks @Snoo; I must admit that that surprises me somewhat!

To be fair, looking at my Top 10, it shouldn't be amazingly surprising. I'm a huge airtime buff, something DM's rarely give a large amount of. While the experineces are definitely unique, they're far from spectacular. Especially personally.

I will say this Matt, as your coaster count grows, your "tastes" will become more refined. You'll start to figure out what you LOVE and what is just good. That may stay similar to what it is now or it may change (mine was alot like yours way back when). That being said, Valravn isn't a BAD coaster, it's just not something I adore. Should you go on it tomorrow? You may love it as well. But 3 DM's later and being an enthusiast for 20 years, it doesn't float my boat.

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair, looking at my Top 10, it shouldn't be amazingly surprising. I'm a huge airtime buff, something DM's rarely give a large amount of. While the experineces are definitely unique, they're far from spectacular. Especially personally.

I will say this Matt, as your coaster count grows, your "tastes" will become more refined. You'll start to figure out what you LOVE and what is just good. That may stay similar to what it is now or it may change (mine was alot like yours way back when). That being said, Valravn isn't a BAD coaster, it's just not something I adore. Should you go on it tomorrow? You may love it as well. But 3 DM's later and being an enthusiast for 20 years, it doesn't float my boat.
I remember you mentioning in a thread once that El Toro was the ride that taught you what you truly loved in a coaster. For me, the present ride that did that for was Mako in August 2016; that coaster taught me that I love smooth, rerideable coasters with great airtime! I may well find a new defining coaster as I ride more for all I know, however!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I remember you mentioning in a thread once that El Toro was the ride that taught you what you truly loved in a coaster. For me, the present ride that did that for was Mako in August 2016; that coaster taught me that I love smooth, rerideable coasters with great airtime! I may well find a new defining coaster as I ride more for all I know, however!

Yeah... it'll all change once you've ridden more coasters, I expect there's probably whole manufacturers that you've not yet experienced.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah... it'll all change once you've ridden more coasters, I expect there's probably whole manufacturers that you've not yet experienced.
I could list tons; RMC is a particular example! I am also somehow yet to experience a standard Vekoma Boomerang!

Matt N

CF Legend
Fairly easy with a cred count of 66!!
I guess so, especially considering Britain's only remaining standard Boomerang (excluding the family ones) is at Pleasurewood Hills; a decent drive away from me! I've ridden the Family Boomerang at Drayton Manor, if that counts!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Last new cred: Joker, SFDK - Only got one ride (row 12, right side), but it was fine. Great drop, decent airtime, better pacing than I expected. Better than NTG I guess.
Last ride: Railblazer - This thing is wild. 26 seconds of bat ? crazy elements. Need one of these everywhere.

exodus

Roller Poster
Voyage ay Holiday World - not alot I can say that probably hasn’t been said. Definitely world class, but I gotta ask: what’s up with those restraints? I’m a thin dude but squeezing my legs together and under that lap bar leads to some serious discomfort in the nethers. I’m not well-educated on the different manufacturers, but I know there’s better systems out there.

Snoo

The Legend
Voyage ay Holiday World - not alot I can say that probably hasn’t been said. Definitely world class, but I gotta ask: what’s up with those restraints? I’m a thin dude but squeezing my legs together and under that lap bar leads to some serious discomfort in the nethers. I’m not well-educated on the different manufacturers, but I know there’s better systems out there.

There are but those are pretty standard for PTC trains, used on a large number of coasters out there.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Had the same issues as well a few years ago. I'm not sure if there's some sort of trick to work your way around it, but it just kept tightening on me, even mid ride. That combined with the exhausting violence left me a little underwhelmed, but I am looking forward to trying it again pretty soon.

exodus

Roller Poster
It’s more the shifting you legs together under that L-shaped bar than it is the tightening, to me. Definitely didn’t ruin the ride, though!