What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Spoon

Roller Poster
Maybe it was designed by Intamin but is being fabricated and built by Mack? Or vice versa? Or is that crazy?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's gonna be quite large and Mack. Called it on the podcast a while back.

Also new park will have multiple Mack coasters at opening. I just want more info on everything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I'd say we are heading for a 2020 opening- they look too far ahead for 2021. I'd guess if the Jurassic World retheme is happening the area will close just after this summer and reopen as the rethemed area in may/June next year along with the coaster

Last edited:

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Are we sure that this might be an Intamin?
During the press conference from Europa Park, Mack Rides confirmed that they are currently building their biggest coaster to date in one of the american Universal Parks....

That's probably being built Universal Orlando's new park. Almost everything and everyone around this project says it's an Intamin.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
ashsh.gif

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Onto the topic of MACK Coasters coming to Universal parks, what model(s) could we see coming to Fantastic Worlds? We know Islands of Adventure's will be a multi-launch ala Helix, but I could see a MACK Youngstar (Family coaster, similar to Flight of the Hippogriff at Universal Studios Hollywood) and I would wager perhaps even a hyper coaster coming to this new park!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
For Fantastic Worlds:
Extreme Spinner (Donkey Kong spinning barrels anyone)
Arthur-esque ride
Family launcher
Hyper
Thrill launcher
Big Dipper
Normal Spinner

Take your choice of any of those.

I have seen photographs confirming it is Mack. So either this is a really ****ing elaborate prank to look like a total jack ass (possible) or, it's gonna be a Mack.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If this IOA double launch is truly a Mack... my expectations have been cut in half. Not bashing Mack or anything, but they're not going to deliver "the combination of Storm Runner and Taron" I heard about a few months back. At least I'll have a new Intamin in Virginia to hold me over.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If this IOA double launch is truly a Mack... my expectations have been cut in half. Not bashing Mack or anything, but they're not going to deliver "the combination of Storm Runner and Taron" I heard about a few months back. At least I'll have a new Intamin in Virginia to hold me over.
I'm glad they are relocating Volcano to Busch as well. Gonna stick out so well.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This is going to be an Intamin for sure. The layout looks too Intamin-esque, if that makes sense...

Plus, it would be the coherent thing to do from a business standpoint now that it seems that Universal are on good terms with Intamin with the upcoming opening of the Hagrid coaster. Besides the dual-powered pseudocoaster at IOA and the Flight of the Hippogriff at USH are the only instances of Macks at Universal parks...

Matt N

CF Legend
Macks can be awesome; see rides like Helix, DC Rivals, Flash and Icon for reference!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
What's the matter with Icon? Admittedly it might not suit everyone, but I personally loved it and thought it was a quality coaster!
It's nowhere near as good quality or "awesome" as you put it, compared to the other 3 you listed.
Decent ride, but not up there in the top bracket.
And the gif made me laugh, I'm not insinuating that it's actually ****.