What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The theming looks good and all, but I just can't seem to get excited for this coaster. It has such a bland layout in my opinion.
I can see why you would say that as the layout appears to draw from several of Gerstlauer's other Infinity coasters, but I think it's going to ride in a fun way. Especially the ending bit, which obviously draws from Monster at Adventureland's first bit after the 101 degree drop, looks interesting to ride. And how it just hits that brake run with so much speed, then soars up into the half loop and stalls somehow seems satisfying to me.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
They have already laid the new main path to the distribution square. I marked this new path on the parkmap in blue.
Snapchat-1055809784.jpg
This is the new path way which will replace the old path on the right of the chair swing ride.
IMG_9002.jpg

Source: Themeparkfreaks (TPF)

EDIT:
I just saw this picture which shows us that the bouncer has been removed which was at the entrance zone. So my guess is that the area between the flying chairs and the entrance is suddenly given a small update / renovation.

So I predict this probably will be the next project because then from the moment you enter the park you get a good impression of the park when you go via the main path towards Land of Legends (Typhoon, Sledge Hammer, Fury), via Adventure Valley and so on to Cowboy Dorp til Dreamcatcher. It seems they saw the light. They don't want to waste any more time.
20190216-122752.jpg

Again I have indicated on the map where the bouncer stood (Red Cross).
Blue = the new main path
Green = old path which is gone forever. ;)
Snapchat-1679039428.jpg
This give them the opportunity to redevelop this whole area across the path (blue line). This kiddy-corner could be the potential next project or renovation area.

Source: BBJCentral https://bobbejaanlandcentral.weebly.com/wintermeeting-2019.html

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I like how they gave the mermaid lady proper curves rather than some of the fantasy themed female models you see (looking at you Wonder woman/Catwoman haha).

Sorry, bit random haha. The theming looks cool. Bright orange seems a weird choice with all that medieval/fantasy stuff but then I remembered that it's dragon themed.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, I love that! Very vibrant; should really pop dependant on what colour the supports are! I personally reckon a nice grey or black would work well!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From Bobbejaanland's Instagram story today.
Screenshot_20190319-215123_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190319-215129_Instagram.jpg

As part of new area with Fury Typhoon is being repainted/rethemed.
Screenshot_20190319-214913_Instagram.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Bobbejaanland have said that Fury will have a top speed of 106.6km/h, which means that - until Walibi Belgium opens their Intamin - it will be the fastest in the Benelux. It beats Goliath at WH by an amazing 0.6km/h..

Nonetheless, still a good hook for the park; nice way to try and draw more people in if they use it in advertising.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I was at the season opening last Saturday and what I noticed during a ride on Sledge Hammer is that the Lauch will be right under the highest point of the swinging motion of Sledge Hammer.

This will probably give a cool effect to both a ride on Sledge Hammer and on Fury. :)