What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks great, but if that is what they end up doing (which it won't 'cos it's a total guess), then at least it won't beat Steel Vengeance.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I wish it has a snappier second half. Also a zero-g stall thrown in somewhere for good measure. Still looks spectacular.

Matt N

CF Legend
Don't think so :p

91° 200ft+ first drop in the back seat is pretty hard to beat.
I'm only saying that we don't know until the rides open. There are plenty of people out there who rate Taron ahead of multiple RMCs, so I'd say that it's a possibility. Besides, everyone's definition of best is different; it's not a term I particularly like. There might well be enthusiasts out there who still prefer Mako or Montu (as an example) even when both rides are open.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I’m sure you’re loving the lack of stall on that predicted layout ;) Already teasing the 3rd slap haha @Snoo @Antinos
I mean, I could do a recreation and put 7 stalls in it and say "look, it's a layout prediction." Doesn't make it right.

Also, if this only has 2 inversions, it'll be a disappointment. Obviously airtime is king, but those weird inversions add another layer. This is unimaginative. To agree with Lofty though, it would still **** on everything else in the state.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Florida does have many quality coasters in it already, so this has some tough competition (including the Jurassic Park multi-launcher, in my opinion), but it should definitely be among the common favourites in the state! I do think this coaster will be extremely good, but I'm not sure whether it will absolutely annihilate everything else in Florida like some people are implying it will. In my opinion, the current crop of coasters in Florida are better than many people give them justice for, and new things on the way as well as some of the great things currently within the state could offer RMC Gwazi tough competition. Admittedly, I've never ridden an RMC, and reviews definitely seem to imply that they're a coaster type where POVs only tell half the story, but that's my take on it. The chance is admittedly very real that this will be many people's favourite coaster in Florida, but you never know until you ride.

Out of interest, why would some of you be relieved if it doesn't top Steel Vengeance?

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Don't think so :p

91° 200ft+ first drop in the back seat is pretty hard to beat.

Except the drop on SV is the weakest part of the ride and will likely be pretty weak on this as well.

I'm gonna hold out judgment on whether the Jurassic coaster or this will be better until we have further layout confirmation.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Except the drop on SV is the weakest part of the ride and will likely be pretty weak on this as well.

I'm gonna hold out judgment on whether the Jurassic coaster or this will be better until we have further layout confirmation.
Come onnn, it's Fred Grubb's favourite element of Steel Vengeance and we seem to treat him like a God :p
Never ever heard anyone call SV's drop weak before. I'm enclined to believe the vast majority of those who say it is amazing.

On a serious note all I'm saying is that Taron gets mixed reviews, whilst pretty much every RMC has had rave reviews. Since the JP coaster is supposedly going to be like Taron, I'm much more excited for BGT's new monster. Each to their own though, everyone likes different things in a ride but for me there's no competition between the two rides based off of what we know so far.

Matt N

CF Legend
The thing is; I know that not many people will agree with me, but I personally think that part of why people are excited for this coaster is RMC. Now don't get me wrong; this coaster has me really excited! What's not to love about a rumoured 212ft coaster with a 91° drop? And RMC have really built some incredible looking rides over the years; I can't wait to ride one! But I personally feel that the company have gained such a reputation (admittedly, it is a partially deserved reputation; some of their coasters look mind-blowing!) that there are many people who see absolutely everything they do and will ever do as gold dust. There were people instantly declaring this the best coaster in Florida before the rumours even came out about the height and records. That was with the mere mention that RMC were manufacturing it and nothing else. The question I'm asking is; would there be quite the same level of hype if another manufacturer was building this coaster? If another manufacturer, like Intamin or GCI or B&M, for example, was building this coaster with an identical layout and the same stats, would there be the same level of hype surrounding this coaster?

I know that my viewpoint is somewhat controversial, but I feel as though it's almost gotten to the point where RMC could build a clone of the stock model Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster here and people would declare it the best coaster in Florida, if you get what I mean. There is so much of a stigma surrounding RMC that I have not seen with any other manufacturer of highly regarded coasters; there is even a Facebook group called The Church of RMC. You don't see that with any other coaster manufacturer: https://m.facebook.com/groups/churchofthermc/

Now, I know that this post makes me sound incredibly bitter, so I apologise for that. Despite what my last couple of posts might imply, I am extremely excited for this coaster! Gwazi is a big structure for them to work with; the scope is huge, and there is a very real possibility that this could be among the world's most highly regarded coasters! It's just that I feel like the mere mention of RMC suddenly made people discard everything else currently in Florida and everything else being built in Florida for 2020 before we even knew anything major about the layout, if you get what I mean. I apologise for my controversial viewpoint, but those are my personal thoughts.

I mean, I could do a recreation and put 7 stalls in it and say "look, it's a layout prediction." Doesn't make it right.

Also, if this only has 2 inversions, it'll be a disappointment. Obviously airtime is king, but those weird inversions add another layer. This is unimaginative. To agree with Lofty though, it would still :emoji_poop: on everything else in the state.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha very true, as soon as I saw that though my first thought just went straight to the slap bet (you are deffo due a win ;) ). I do hope it does get a massive **** off stall for the rides sake, would make it much more interesting than what they’ve predicted so far. Hypothetically if there were only two inversions though and the predicted layout was pretty much correct then putting a stall where their corkscrew is would just seem like a vast improvement... and more of an RMC thing to do.