What's new

Nagashima Spa Land | Hakugei | RMC I-Box Conversion of White Cyclone

Benenen

Hyper Poster
That drop profile now has me hooked. It's slightly harder to get hyped for this because it's not in the US or Europe but given the scale it will probably be a god tier RMC up there with Lightning Rod and Steel Vengeance.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They're really starting to progress on this now. Looks like they're building the layout in reverse for the most part. Following that overbanked turn nestled in the inside of the old first helix's supports, it looks like they've added an outside banked hill which will connect with the other outside banked hill seen in the previous update. It also looks like they're starting to add ledgers on the first turnaround sequence.

Matt N

CF Legend
I can sense that that bit inside the structure that they're building now will ride somewhat like Steel Vengeance's second half, which can only be a good thing, if you ask me!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can sense that that bit inside the structure that they're building now will ride somewhat like Steel Vengeance's second half, which can only be a good thing, if you ask me!
Perhaps visually but this looks a lot more graceful and drawn out from what I can see in those photos, as opposed to SteVe's more aggressive second/third acts.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Well damn if that was actually what was being built, I'd be pretty excited. I have a feeling that video was an early rendition of the layout. The real thing (the track ledgers that are already in place) is muuuch more toned down. Pretty much the entire section between the two Zero G Rolls is completely different to the actual ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well damn if that was actually what was being built, I'd be pretty excited. I have a feeling that video was an early rendition of the layout. The real thing (the track ledgers that are already in place) is muuuch more toned down. Pretty much the entire section between the two Zero G Rolls is completely different to the actual ride.
It might ride better than it looks... Let's remember Alan Schilke designed this ride. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, and the track already installed inside the helix doesn't have the outerbank element - supporting the notion that that rendering is out of date now (or always wsas?).

I mean, it still looks kick-ass, of course.

Luca B

Mega Poster
That drop looks insane, the small hill before the drop looks much smaller than Wildfires, and seems like it will provide some insane ejector. I know some parts of the layout might be slightly dissapointing, especially as this ride is succeeding Steel Vengeance, but this drop definitely has potential to be one of the best elements on any coaster.

Pear

Strata Poster
Dw2qNaOUcAIK5kP.png

Dw4f85uVsAAikl3.png

Hutch

Strata Poster
Following up Steel Vengeance might be this ride's biggest disadvantage. I understand the comparisons...two big ol' woody structures that give RMC plenty of room to mess around...but I think calling this "Japan's Steel Vengeance" is premature (not saying anyone exactly said that, but it just kinda seems that way based on the comparisons). If people are expecting that than chances are they'll be disappointed. I'm not expecting them to one-up SV, and not sure if RMC are even trying to attempt that here.

That being said it does look like it'll be an excellent ride. Just before writing this post I of course saw that drop picture and went "oh my."