What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

MakoMania

Mega Poster
My bet would be we will start to see work after Howl-O-Scream has finished using Gwazi's area. This is a big job, regardless of whether or not they use both sides in the conversion they still need to demolish/refurbish a heck of a lot of wood so I would imagine it will be a longer process than the Six Flags conversions.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I don't think there's a thread for the Gwazi remodel so i'll repost this here from the IAAPA thread.

Plot twist if GCI are remodelling Gwazi instead of RMC. Would be cool. I have a feeling that they might be cheaper than RMCs so that could make sense.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I don't think there's a thread for the Gwazi remodel so i'll repost this here from the IAAPA thread.

Plot twist if GCI are remodelling Gwazi instead of RMC. Would be cool. I have a feeling that they might be cheaper than RMCs so that could make sense.
That could work! They might be referring to the GCI hybrid structure! But didn’t the announcement say something about “rocky”?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
That could work! They might be referring to the GCI hybrid structure! But didn’t the announcement say something about “rocky”?
Yeah I remember it being mentioned but who knows. GCI hadn't announced their new product at that point. Would be a nice change although if I had to guess I'd probably still expect it to be an RMC.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
It's nice to see it finally go vertical. Am I right to think that these only take a few weeks to assemble?
Electric Eel did go up incredibly quickly. I might be making this up but I'm sure I remember hearing that they have to build the station structure around the first few track sections before the taller parts of the ride can start to go up.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
How long do these take to get from beginning of vertical construction to opening generally? I’m going down in February but have absolutely no expectation of it being open yet.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd say March is much too early for a US park - based off of the past coasters opening May-June, I'd assume it's around the same time.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I can remember when US parks had their new rides ready to go for opening day. Six flags New England always had their stuff ready in April.
taking a quick look at rcdb for ride opening days, Busch gGarden Tampa seems to open things in May. Although I wouldn't be shocked if it soft opens in April.