What's new

Mirabilandia | Desmo Race | Maurer Spike Dragster

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I suppose 1,000pph isn't that bad.
It sounds like that might be the theoretical maximum, given smooth operations. This is a Parques Reunidos park. In other words, we'd be lucky if it breaks 300.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, I would not expect it to reach 1,000. Even if the dispatches are automatic, the crew is flawless, and the platform is designed for maximum efficiency, the guests could easily tank the capacity. Someone in a wheel chair takes longer to load than expected? Well you just lost some trains there. Someone chickened out? Now you need to unlock and recheck the train. Someone forgot to put something in the bin? Someone needs to bring it over there.

But aside from all that, they'll probably run no more than 2 trains one each track and will somehow **** up the dispatches. 450 pph at most.

Lofty

CF Legend
Vertical construction has started.

15e5c650-825b-44d7-9c56-08b72ea545af-original.jpeg

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6456231326746976256/

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^In an interview with Maurer they said that is the theoretical capacity if they run all 12 cars and dispatch every 14 seconds.
Will be interesting to see if the park actually manage that...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Am I the only one who actually likes this? I think this has potential to be a good ride, and bear in mind that this is double the height and length of Sky Dragster, so I believe this ride will have potential to be a fun family ride that will attract crowds, and will hopefully be a success for the park and for Maurer Rides. I think if a park got one of these, and made a version of Tron using this ride system, I bet it would go down well.

Last edited:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The capacity is my only consern, but like what ATI said it would make a good family addition but only really in smaller parks.

Not sure if the queues would be too mental at a park like maribilandia. Time will tell.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Given that, to date, the only thing any of us care about is the cred, I'll put it in the coaster section. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do want to try one of these, but would want to be sure I could get a clean run in. I think unless you're doing these flat out, they won't be much fun.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I’m afraid this could take the thrills of a coaster away. Since the rider controls their speed isn’t it more like driving a car?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I’m afraid this could take the thrills of a coaster away. Since the rider controls their speed isn’t it more like driving a car?
More like driving a train, since the tracks do all the steering. And apparently, if you're about to overtake the car ahead of you, your speed will be restricted to whatever that car's speed is.