What's new

New rides @ small parks

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Their drops are more of a straight-line drop instead of curved. They also don't seem as steep. Also they're older. I don't know why else, but they're will be an answer.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I always thought it was more of a sensation thing? I'd imagine you get a little floaty feeling and then when the gradient of the drop increases, you get a surprising pop of airtime? Probably wrong, but that's just what I thought when I first saw one of these things years ago!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Always exciting to see a country get its first coaster even if they are tiny. So it was pretty cool to dig up two new coasters in two new countries yesterday.

This is Dreamland in Lilongwe the capital city of African country Malawi. The small park has opened with a wacky worm which seems to be a hit with the locals.
Malawi.jpg Malawi2.jpg Malawi3.jpg Malawi4.jpg

Further more this next ride appears to be the first coaster in Zambia. Located at Wonder World in Lukasa. Oddly the park is owned by the same people who run the local agriculture fair so twice a year the roller coaster is packed up and moved to the fair. These chaps seem pretty happy about the ride anyway.
Lusaka1.JPG Lusaka2.JPG
A video of the ride operating at the Agricultural fair

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Glad to see that more countries are getting creds!

The lats on the Zambian cred look to be obscene. A drop into an unbanked curve? That's definitely something

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A couple of small junior coasters for Japan

Kobe Oji Zoo in Japan has announced a new junior coaster called PanDash to replace its small Zamperla built Dragon Coaster.
Not much is known about it so far but they have released some concept art for the pretty adorable trains. Due some time in March.
Pandash.JPG

Because one small Japanese junior coaster is never enough for one day. Shirakaba Resort has announced Shirakaba Wood Coaster a tiny junior shuttle coaster actually made of steel.

Expect to see this one open mid to late April.
Shirakaba Wood Coaster.png

TilenB

Strata Poster
A new tube coaster model named ‘K2’ will be coming to Karls Erlebnis-Dorf in Brandenburg, Germany. The manufacturer is ABC rides, and while the speed, height and length is unknown, the theme has been released to the public. It will be themed around....potato chip production
https://rcdb.com/15490.htm
This is officially the weirdest theme, I have ever seen for a coaster. Like, you would think that they’d go with theming it to the actual mountain, but nope..potato chip production it is! :p
We've had a thread about this one.
http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/karls-erlebnis-dorf-near-berlin-announces-new-coaster.41547/

lachlan

Mega Poster
Not a new ride but Tir Prince and Knightlys in Towyn now have a contactless token system rather than the plastic coin-type tokens.
Wonder how many more (if any) per-per-ride parks follow suit...
Ive seen a few parks like this. I know Brighton Pier does it.

I wish they could just use Android Pay instead, so you don't have to load up the card first, and likely end up with unspent money on it at the end

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I imagine this is probably a stepping stone to bringing direct contactless payment at the rides, would make it a lot easier with no token faff at all.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ive seen a few parks like this. I know Brighton Pier does it.

I wish they could just use Android Pay instead, so you don't have to load up the card first, and likely end up with unspent money on it at the end
Places with cards/tokens rely on the fact that there's often unspent money. They're unlikely to do anything that'll get rid of that extra cash.