What's new

Worst coasters to ride immediately after eating

Theydenburg

Roller Poster
Hi people say to never eat before going on a large coaster but is it really true? If so what coasters are to be avoided the most after immediately eating a large meal?

gadv1000

Roller Poster
For me, the Batman clones would probably do the job. As a matter in fact, anything compact or with a lot of inversions wouldn't be a wise choice for me after eating. Also, rides that are repetitive with just hills (ex. B&M hypers) aren't my first pick after eating either. My day would be shot after getting off either of these. Also, I've also noticed that I will have problems if I haven't eaten enough. It seems that there needs to be a perfect balance of food where it's not too much, but I'm not dehydrated or on an empty stomach. It's also what I eat, how fast I eat it, and how long I wait after eating before riding.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Personally I find I'm sicker on an empty stomach as eating absorbs all that excess acid. But I never really get sick on coasters anyway (with the exception of riding with a hangover).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Boomerangs and Zacspins can leave me feeling a little turned around at any time, I can't imagine anything worse than riding one of those on a full stomach!

Will

Strata Poster
Anything with too many inversions (doubly bad if it's rough - Smiler, Colossus etc.)
And anything that goes BACKWARDS.

Generally though, unless I've had a big meal, which I wouldn't normally in a theme park, it doesn't bother me unless it's a flat ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
I've never ever been sick from a ride or felt sick after one - I can literally roll through a buffet and then immediately ride coasters and not feel the effects of it. Yay me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The only time I've thrown up after a ride is because I've been hungover. Riding after eating has never bothered me.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
I went on Nemesis straight after lunch last year because it said there was a 45 minute queue and I thought that'd be enough time for any food to go down. Turned out it was more like 15 mins but it didn't have any effect anyway! :)

Any spinning flat ride makes me feel ill though so I'd probably avoid those after eating.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I had a Kings Island blue ice cream before going on Vortex. I threw up a few minutes after getting off. So getting on a ride with a lot of inversions after eating (especially Smiler) is never a good idea.

At least in my book anyways.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's almost worse to go on a ride while hungry and/or thirsty than on a full stomach. I made the mistake of riding SpinSpider while slightly dehydrated once. Since then, I've made sure not to do it again. Had to sit down for half an hour afterwards.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Smiler.
Every time I ride it after lunch I regret it.
Must be up to half a dozen times now.
Some people never learn.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I'd say boomerangs are some of the worst, especially on the return trip.

Besides these, I guess it's those vile compact spinners that have a lot of hairpin turns and flyers, since you are laying on your stomach most of the time.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I've never had a problem with eating and then riding. At Busch Gardens I have inhaled a mix grill and have then riden Sheikra!

Last edited: