What's new

World Cup Brazil 2014

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Nemesis Inferno said:
2012Jarrett said:
As for the game, it was a decent one to watch, but the refs were ****. Seriously, Brazil was doing all that hitting and shoving and got away with it all but once but the second Croatia bumps a guy it's a yellow card and Brazil gets to break the tie? I'm glad they got that third goal so that at least Croatia didn't get totally :xcensoredx:ed over but if I were in their shoes and their group tied up and I didn't get to go onto the bracket because of the goals used for tie breaking, I'd be REALLY mad.

This paragraph is just alternative football isn't it? Brackets? Tie breaking? What is this?
Sorry, I'm American, I very rarely talk about futbol because this is almost the only opportunity I get to watch it, and I'm the only one I know that does. It's not as popular here as it is in the rest of the world, they didn't even broadcast the World Cup here until recently according to what my parents told me.

As for what I meant, I was talking about the groups. You get points for the group matches based on your win/loss/draw record, and if the group matches end and two teams have the same W/L/D points, they go to how many goals the teams scored. Brazil got a goal that they didn't deserve, and if they got the same W/L/D as Croatia, this could potentially put them through the the bracket. Hope that made sense.

Sorry in advance if I post anything that sounds dumb here, I try my best to explain this because it's a hobby I almost never get to talk about.

What I'm saying is that the striker was being a little **** and made a mountain out of a molehill. Like the vine Jordan shared. He barely tapped him and he fell over, he had an opportunity to get a penalty kick for Brazil and put them ahead and he took it by falling over like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8UhXNJjHV8

Sorry, don't know how to embed, but if you look at it, it looks like almost no force was applied and he fell over. That seems to be the media's general consensus too.

Onto the Spain-Holland match, that was SO much fun! My dad and I were sitting there yelling "SIX!!! SIX!!! SIX!!!" at the end just hoping Netherlands could get one more goal and embarrass Spain even more. Definitely a good game to watch.

About to go watch Australia likely get beat! :--D

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just finished watching the match, what a game! Never expected that, can't believe how poor the Spanish defence was. So entertaining though!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It was a fantastic game, easily the best of the 4 played so far.

England and Italy tomorrow. Can't lie, I'm slightly nervous. Italy are the team who knocked us out of the Euros in 2012...but that was on penalties. Come on England!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The US got the 5th fastest ever goal at a world cup, pretty good going in 31 seconds.

Iran and Nigeria had a very very dull game, 0-0. I suppose that was to be expected, they're not the biggest footballing nations in the tournament are they...?

Pierre

Strata Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
Portugal got butt raped by Germany, US door is wide open now (beat Ghana, draw Portugal, not get killed v Germany).

You should be aiming to beat Portugal, its achievable.

Jarrett

^I personally think we will, but it won't be easy.

I find it hilarious that Holland and Chile are probably going to put Spain out of it one World Cup after they went all the way. Let's do this! XD

Jarrett

I'm looking forward to seeing US play Portugal and hopefully seeing Australia beat Spain. I've grown quite fond of that team and while I wish they had gotten out of the groups, seeing them beat the former champs an put the final nail in the coffin I feel would be amazing.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
2012Jarrett said:
I'm looking forward to seeing US play Portugal and hopefully seeing Australia beat Spain. I've grown quite fond of that team and while I wish they had gotten out of the groups, seeing them beat the former champs an put the final nail in the coffin I feel would be amazing.

Agreed! Be cool to see Spain finish bottom of the group!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:
rtotheizzo17 said:
Portugal got butt raped by Germany, US door is wide open now (beat Ghana, draw Portugal, not get killed v Germany).

You should be aiming to beat Portugal, its achievable.

This is US soccer we are talking about here. I will keep my hopes low so they can easily surpass them.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Permission to say **** please.

England lost...again. We're not technically out..as long as Italy beat Uruguay and Costa Rica, a draw with either won't do. Then we have to beat Costa Rica next Tuesday and have a higher goal difference than Costa Rica and Uruguay. We're not out of this just yet.