What's new

Wimbledon 2009

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well I'm surprised this topic hasn't been made yet. This year's Wimbledon kicked off today so discuss everything Wimbledon here.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wimbledon is for ponces. I hate all the ponces lining up to get tickets and waving banners when the BBC news crew go by. I hate all the ponces thinking that a Brit is going to win this year like every other year. I hate the poncy commentators. All in all it's pretty poncy and I won't watch it or cheer on that Scot. So yeah, I'll stay out of this topic from now on.

A

Anonymous

Brookes said:
Well I'm surprised this topic hasn't been made yet.
Well, it's Tennis, and Tennis is really boooooooooooriiiiiiing!!!

It looks good for one of the Swedes though (or so I have herd), but I don't really care...

peep

CF Legend
I like watching Tennis but haven't seen anything yet. I never watch much, usually just the semi-finals etc

Emmett

Giga Poster
The best thing about Wimbledon is the running text service on the BBC Sport website. They have some hilarious comments coming in and its much better than watching the actual tennis. I've been glued to it for the past few days in work.

I gave the Andy Murray match a quick glance and might keep an eye out for him but I don't really have any other favourites.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I rather enjoy Wimbledon... yes, I'm sure it's shallow or whatever to only follow tennis once a year, but it's the only time it's covered decently on terrestrial TV!

I like the fact that it's usually nice weather when Wimbledon is on, it's nice to get home from work and chill out with the windows open and a bit of Wimbledon, I like the atmosphere, I like the TV coverage and obviously, I like watching hot girls in little skirts having little mini orgasms every time they hit the ball (no, the Williams brothers do not count).

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It's all I've been watching the last few days :lol:

Andy Murray was poor yesterday.

Maria Sherapova turned me on today.

Britain sucks at tennis.

Just a few points I've made watching the coverage so far :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
It's funny how most of the British players went out in the first round of the juniors aswell as the normal ones which just shows how much we rely on Murray to get anything. He is winning again and looks to win this match though, but Federer is already through, and with Nadal not participating, Federer knows it is his chance to get another title. Murray will do well to beat Federer if it gets to that stage in my opinion.

jokerman

Giga Poster
He does have a good record against Federer, one of the few people to have beaten him more than lost to him, but I do agree that because of the situation, Federer would be strong favourite.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Brookes said:
Well Serena has won the women's final for the 3rd time.

Which means my brother can collect £70 from the bookies :p He bet £20 at 2/7 that a Williams sister will win the Ladies tournament :D

Pierre

Strata Poster
Which means he'll be picking up £25.71, and that includes the £20 stake he originally placed.

So he risked £20 for the sake of £5.71

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think you meant 7/2, as that would mean he would get £70 from betting £20. And surely he could have collected it two days ago when they knew it would be Venus v Serena. :lol:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Yes, that's what I meant :p And they're not allowed to pay out until after the tournament, especially as it was a bet on a player being in the final.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
3.5 / 1 is poop odds anyways...

What, for any one of two people to win the final, and said 2 people are in the top 3 seeds? They're amazing odds...