What's new

Which ride(s) have the best music?

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Music is very important to me, as it really adds to the atmosphere of a park. It also makes queueing less tedious (if the music is good, otherwise it only makes it worse :p ). Which rides have your favorite music? Only custom music.

My favorites are:

-Chiapas (Phantasialand): A score with 13 different tracks just for one ride is pretty impressive. It fits well and is really wonderful.
-Droomvlucht (Efteling): Very nostalgic for me and just so magical
-Villa Volta (Efteling): One of the main reasons why I always do this ride when I visit Efteling. Gets really epic at the end.
-Vogel Rok (Efteling): Makes this ride go from alright to really good. It is briliantly synchronized with the coaster itself.
-Joris en de Draak (Efteling): The station has a great atmosphere thanks to the music
-Vliegende Hollander (Efteling): The queue and station both have great music that always gets stuck in my head after a long wait.
-Helix (Liseberg): I've experienced very few rides that have such an atmospheric queue-line without any theming, and the music plays an important part in this. Really pumps you up.
-Dwervelwind (Toverland): While I absolutely despise the music on Troy, they were clever to go with IMAscore for this one. Magical.
-Blue Fire: Particularly this track is really beautiful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkriWmk6-rA

As you can see, Efteling really has a lot of fantastic custom music. Honorable mentions:
EuroMir, EuroSat, Fata Morgana and Winja's

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Disney's Space Mountain (Hong Kong and California) is fantastic.

Danny Elfman's soundtrack for Mystic Manor is way up there as well.

Hex. Hex is amazing.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Space Mountain at WDW has my favourite soundtrack.
Vampire at CWOA has awesome station music.
Colossus at Thorpe has awesome station music
Rip Ride Rockit is awesome because you can listen to Metallica.
I also really like The Smiler 'haha' song.
Nemesis has an awesome theme.

So much good music!

andrus

Giga Poster
JoshJ753 said:
Black Mamba's music right after the station :--D :--D :angel: cool)
Second that! Those drums really builds up the tantion, such an amazing attraction Black Mamba is <3

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm a bit of an Alton fanboy, but still, Nemesis and Hex's soundtracks are great. Hex especially is not only an awesomely atmospheric piece on its own, but it's the heart and soul of the entire thing. It raises the ride from good to great.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jordanovichy said:
Colossus (At Thorpe)! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Yes! So silly and simple, I find myself singing it all the time.

Dwervelwind's soundtrack is magical, as is anything by IMAscore. I listen to their soundtracks to rides I haven't even been on!

The original (pre-Duel) Haunted House music at Alton Towers was also amazing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Another vote for Dwervelwind (anything by IMAscore) their stuff is amazing and sends tingles down my spine.

I love the soundtrack to Soarin' too <3

Darren B

Giga Poster
The boomerang at Walibi Holland has fab music, and my absolute favourite is the Colossos (Heide Park) music, it's epic! So much better than the Thorpe Collosus music, sorry goons :(

Honorary mention to TTD, Ready to go by Republica is such a tune, although as its a pop song I wouldn't class it as 'proper' ride music.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm always partial to Disneyland Space Mountain's soundtrack. The music especially ties in well with building excitement as you ascend the lift hill.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMX7Cmcxus[/youtube]

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
The smiler has got to be top 5 worst/most annoying songs, only thing worse is small world

The rock'n'roller coaster with Aerosmith is pretty good.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Blue Fire has the most amazing music.

Other notable mentions are: Valhalla, Wervelwind, Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Eurosat, Euro Mir, Colossus, Shambhala, Chiapas

The Smiler music is extremely irritating. Waiting in a 70 minute queue with that blasting though your ears is nothing short torture.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
The station music on Colossus is amazing <3.

I can't remember if they still play it but I always liked the music they played in the queue for Stealth.

A mention to Rip Ride Rockit as well, something for everyone there and if you pick the right song it makes the ride a pretty awesome experience.

Kebab

Giga Poster
A personal favourite of mine has to be the music for Air. It's just so chilling and brings me back to queuing on a cold, dark and grey Autumn evening. I listen to it at time to time just to trip out and think about life, it also has a rather sad feel to it, always sends me into a trance whenever I'm in a 40 minute queue for it.

Honourable mention has to be Colossus. It's just lovely!