What's new

Which ride(s) have the best music?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sernea pointed this one out at Djurs Sommarland and I'm hooked. It's irritating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmWsGax5-lI

Of course, Colossus at Thorpe Park has THE best ride music ever. It's the only tune I fully remember. I catch myself humming it when I'm on my own, or if I'm doing dramatic like fixing together an IKEA bookshelf or checking my tyre pressure.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Building Ikea furniture is never going to be the same for me again!

Seconding pretty much anything at Efteling. Flying Dutchman's music makes me want to grab someone and waltz across the concrete in front. Also Villa Volta, Vogel Roc, Joris en De Draak and the use of the haunting Danse Macarbe are some of the most atmospheric and beautifully crafted ride music out there.

After that, I enjoy Thorpe's music. Colossus obviously, and Inferno's is a particular favourite. Thorpe's opening day music is pretty fab too.

If there's one thing the Wallibi parks can do it's make a soundtrack. Speed of Sound works brilliantly with the ride and made Serena and I rush back round for a reride on a boomerang. Yes. Reride a boomerang! Pyske Underground and Express are also playing in my car all the time.

Other worthy mentions...Chessington's Vampire is horror meets 80s cheese at its best...Chiapas is incredibly catchy and annoying...Hong Kong Space Mountain...and of course, Hex at Alton.

And finally....Troy! TROY! Let's play Yahtzee. Troy! TROY! Book a taxi...

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
I absolutely love the music for Colossus at Thorpe Park, it has that awesome melody that just loops in your head over and over. Incredibly fitting for the ride. Also have a lot of love for the Over the Hill (Adventure Island) soundtrack, it sums up the whole atmosphere of the park which makes me absolutely love it, I sometimes ride it just to hear that song!

JoshJ753

Roller Poster
CookieCoasters said:
The Smiler music is extremely irritating. Waiting in a 70 minute queue with that blasting though your ears is nothing short torture.

Well, The Smiler is themed to psychologic torture :lol:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Millennium Force's station music is absolutely lovely. The first time you ride it's so intimidating, I love it! Riddler's Revenge, FireChaser Express, and like Darren said, TTD also have great music. Mystery Mine's is fun but if you're stuck in the station for ten minutes it gets sooooo annoying.

Not ridden any but I've always loved the music for Nemesis Inferno, Psyke Underground, and anything at Alton Towers that isn't Smiler. :p

And I can't stand X2 or Full Throttle's...or anything else at Magic Mountain for that matter. :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I always think its kind of strange what a European phenomenon catchy music made especially for an attraction is.

Like. Even Busch Gardens Williamsburg and other major US theme parks outside Disney don't really have it. At BGW, other than the awful super cheesy American chat show music played around the park (SeaWorld use music that might as well be the exact same thing), doesn't feel unique to them? Even Darkastle has mediocre music. I don't get it. So much opportunity to have themed relevant powerful music.