Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is your favourite Florida theme park - if you have been?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by astead04, Dec 31, 2017.

?

Favourite Florida theme park?

1. Magic Kingdom

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Epcot

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Disney's Animal Kingdom

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Disney's Hollywood Studios

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Universal Studios Florida

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Universal's Islands of Adventure

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  7. SeaWorld Orlando

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Busch Gardens Tampa

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  9. Legoland Florida

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. astead04

astead04 Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Islands of Adventure
    For me Islands of Adventure due to the theming, fantastic selection of rides and attractions, general heart, soul and atmosphere and the music played around the park. But that's my favourite Florida theme park. The question is - what's yours?

2. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    I'm going to cheat and say the Universal pair as a whole. It would be Islands of Adventure out of the two really, but Diagon Alley massively elevates the studio park.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Wayne Ralph likes this.
  3. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Haven't been for over 10 years so my opinion might be a little dated, but Universal Studios wins it for me. The place just has an atmosphere like no other park in the world.

4. Hixee

Hixee Flojector Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Like Howie, I haven't been in over 10 years, but I'd give it to IoA. Depending on what they add to the Dueling Dragons site, that might change though, Studios was incredible.

Busch probably wins for coaster selection (not just 'cos it's a +9), with Montu and Kumba being two of the best coasters in Florida, but it felt like it lacked some of the magic of the other parks.

I didn't do any of the Disney stuff when I went, so no idea really.

5. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    For me, who last visited in August 2016, my favourite is Islands of Adventure, closely followed by SeaWorld Orlando in second and Disney's Animal Kingdom in third. For me, Islands of Adventure is best because it has great theming and also has rides for all audiences, from teenagers to children. It is still second to Alton Towers as my favourite park overall, though. Whether this is down to sentimentality, I don't know. But I just really like Alton Towers.

6. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Busch Gardens Tampa. As Hixee mentioned it doesn't have the magic that Universal or Disney has, but the coaster selection is great and the atmosphere and appearance are good enough to elevate it over the rest for me.

J Rod likes this.
  7. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Islands of Adventure! Such a magical atmosphere with some top notch attractions. Universal is obviously right behind, but Islands has slightly more variety and a wider selection of different atmospheres throughout the park.

DelPiero likes this.
  8. Edward M

Edward M Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Tokyo Disneysea
    Coaster Count:
    Looks like I'll be in the minority (I really am one of the only people I've seen with this opinion), but I'm going to say Animal Kingdom. With Avatar Land, it now has not only a well balanced, solid collection of rides, but it has the best theming of any of the parks in Florida. It also has fantastic animal exhibits and shows to where your entire day can easily be filled up. Plus, the park is amazing at night.

Islands of Adventure is a really solid park (third best in the state I'd say), but it has far too many weakly themed areas to be the best for me. Toon Lagoon and Marvel Island look too "plastic-y" for my liking. Then again, it's just my personal opinion, and most screen-based rides rarely do much for me. While there are exceptional examples (Flight of Passage, Spidey, Harry Potter FJ, etc.), it puts Universal at a disadvantage for me.

9. lachlan

lachlan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens
    Universal Studios for me but Busch Gardens has the best coaster selection.

I haven't been to Disney yet. SeaWorld was nice but I'm not into performing animals and Mako wasn't built yet. Legoland was also a nice park (I love Lego) but the rides are obviously more family orientated.

10. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    IOA. The water rides specifically are fab, Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey are amazing, as is Spidey. Good range of creds(when DC was running), well themed, good merch, nice atmosphere. The opposite of the crappy park next door.
    I did love BGT though, as they have the better creds and is nicely landscaped. Every other park I wasn't overly impressed by. Disney was such a long time ago that it's changed so much so I need to revisit.

11. ATTACKHAMMER

ATTACKHAMMER Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Katun
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I'd say Busch Gardens. Good selection of creds, great drop tower and some fab animals.

12. GeodieCoasterFan

GeodieCoasterFan Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    last went in 2015 so prior to Mako which looks pretty immense which could sway my view now as when I visited Seaworld it was a great day out with 2 top notch coasters in Kraken and Manta, but I have to give the edge in Florida to Busch Gardens as the zoo was great and it had 3 coasters in my top 20 in Montu, Sheikra and Kumba

13. SwitchbackFanboy742

SwitchbackFanboy742 New Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    Epcot is my favorite. I am extremely nostalgic for the park and I love everything about it being a huge Disney fan now.

14. witchfinder

witchfinder Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Islands of Adventure
    Coaster Count:
    IoA for me, having visisted for the first time this year. Absolutely stunning, immersive theming and some amazing IPs give it the nod over its neighbour, athough Diagon Alley is easily the best themed area I've seen in any park. Rides-wise I think USF just edges it (until the Dragons replacement goes in at least) but IoA is the better overall experience.

If we're talking just coasters then BGT is the obvious winner, though Mako is the best coaster in Florida in my opinion.