Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state in comments)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Don't pick on him, it's an easy misunderstanding to make. Hong Kong is semi-independent from China still, but for most practical purposes, you can call it a part of China.

That being said, there are enough cultural differences to make for some gaps in culture and cuisine and such. But I, among others, couldn't tell a Hong Kongian (?) dish from a Chinese dish if I were presented with both.

That being said... it was kind of an unnecessary comment to make. Just like the three below it.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Sorry for having common sense. I know I don't fit in very well with it, but I can't help having it, you know. :(

Brett7710

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
The pizza I had in Chicago was much, much better.
Oh Chicago pizza! NOM
DSC01985.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
TP Rich said:
Sorry for having common sense. I know I don't fit in very well with it, but I can't help having it, you know. :(

No, what you have is a whole host of uninformed opinions. People will often call it common sense, but in reality, it's just people twisting the world to try and fit their uneducated views ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend
TP Rich said:

I......I think he just called us all stupid.

Heh.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I can't decide. Out of non-westernized food, I think the only real cuisine from other countries I've had is Spanish and Mexican (in Tampa there's this restaurant called Taco Bus... the restaurant is actually a bus. Like, they cook their food in the bus. Its fab <3), maybe Italian (but not really), and possibly Thai (I have no clue how it actually is over there). I really like Spanish and Mexican out of those choices.

For westernized food, I love Mexican/Southwestern again, I love pizza (both real chicago and new york styles and Papa John's), I love Italian (Carrabba's <3), Chinese is pretty good, depending on where you get it, and American is fantastic (obviously). BBQ, burgers and fries, hot dogs... <3<3<3. And dessert <3<3<3<3.

I just generally love food. If I didn't swim, I'd be a massive stereotypical obese American. But, I swim. :lol:

Oh, and I don't know if I've ever had British food. I couldn't even name a dish, except for Fish and Chips and Shepherd's Pie. :p

Ben

CF Legend
How can you pretend to be right when the people who have been to these places and eaten the food are telling you you're wrong <//3

As for Italian pizza, the stuff we had in Italy was AMAZING, but I've had some phenomenal pizza in the States as well. They're quite different so I don't see why one can't like both <3

tks

Strata Poster
Mediterranean. Tapas. Greek.. Yummm.

Or any dish that can be accompanied by a nice Rioja <3

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Well, it's just a bit difficult to get my point across when I'm the only one who's attempting to have a sensible conversation rather than a slagging match.

kimahri

CF Legend
TP Rich said:
Well, it's just a bit difficult to get my flawed point across and when someone debunks my argument with their side and backs it up I just have a pissy fit. I'm the only one who thinks that I'm smart and have considerable life experience and attempting to have a provoking conversation by having absurd views, rather than a slagging match.

Fixed.

Ben

CF Legend
Why am I reminded of someone sat in the corner of a mental hospital going 'EVERYONE'S CRAZY BUT ME!'

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
Why am I reminded of someone sat in the corner of a mental hospital going 'EVERYONE'S CRAZY BUT ME!'

+1
Ben once in a while you say things that I agree with <3

On topic: I was never a big fan of the deep dish pizza, it reminds me too much of Quiche :( If there's one food I love though it has to be Sandwiches. Anyone know what country makes better sandwiches than Italy? The bread and cold cuts are mouth watering. O_O

reddude333

Giga Poster
I am very surprised that not a single person has voted India...or Other for that matter. I haven't voted because I honestly can't choose, I just love all food. If there was a "How Much Do You Love Food" topic, I think I'd take the cake (literally speaking)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
I really am the only person who isn't trying to slag other people off. :/ Can't really call this a civilised argument.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is that you're coming across as a troll. TP Rich says "It's X". Everyone else says, "No it's F". Conversation continues then suddenly a week later TP Rich says "It's X". Everyone else says "No it's F". More conversation and then TP Rich says "It's X". Everyone else exasperated says "you're an idiot for keeping on saying it's X when we've all said it's F". TP Rich says "It's not my fault you're all wrong".

The thing is, when people explain why "it's F", you completely blank them. There's no backing down and saying "oh yeah, you're right, Hong Kong is a special administrative area of China that was owned for a hundred years by the British which changed their food and culture to be different to the rest of China and that saying you like Chinese food produced by UK take-aways is like saying you enjoy Italian food because you love cheese on toast and Heinz tinned spaghetti".

Now, to be fair, Gavin has supported you in this. The thing is, the only people I trust are the people who have actually been to China and Hong Kong and can actually comment on what it's really like. Gavin has, but so has Ben, Jake and Mysterious Sue.

I'm sure that there are millions of Chinese people eating similar food to the Chinese food we eat here. It's millions out of billions of people though. Like people eating Haggis as a traditional British food. It happens, and a fair amount in certain areas, but it's not a representation of British food as a whole.

However, this entire thing disagrees with your views so will once again be ignored until two pages down the line when you'll still be repeating yourself instead of entering a conversation. A conversation being a two way (or more) discussion between people. Simply saying the same thing over and over without recognising another's point is not civilised conversation, it's trolling an opinion.

What you eat here is not generally a true representation of the food you would eat in the actually country. Which country produces the best food can only be answered if you have eaten authentic food, preferably while in that country. There will be some rare authentic restaurants scattered around the world, but they're few and far between.