Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Mexico

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state in comments)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I've actually just suprised myself and voted USA. Mainly based on all the BBQ food and the cooked breakfasts, I just get really hungry watching Man vs Food.

I do really enjoy different types of food though, Mexican and Indian would probably make up my top three, I enjoy a bit of a spicy kick to my food. I go through phases of eating one type of food quite a lot then move on to something else. Other favourites at the moment are Tapas (mainly spanish/mediterranean ingredients) Chinese and Italian.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Brett7710 said:
I just get really hungry watching Man vs Food.

Strange, it has the opposite effect on me. I'm too busy thinking about starving homeless people. In fact, I feel guilty whenever I get clean water from the tap. Sounds OTT and probably is, but it's true.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Rofl, growing up is going to hit you like a ton of bricks. And then some.

With regards to Man v Food, all I think is ''**** hell, they're putting MORE cheese on it?''.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^LMAO, yeah it does go way OTT, I prefer the look of the meals he has at the start of the show to the challenges. I'm planning on visiting a couple of the restaurants in the states this year like Obryckis in Baltimore, I though it was best to leave out the 74oz steak challenge though!

Ben's post about Chinese food earlier just reminded me of the first episode of an Idiot Abroad, i'd prefer any amount of cheese to some of the food they sell in China, chicken fetus was one example! Eurgh

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^ Great, now i'm off to bed and all I can think about is how much I could eat some Moussaka! *Stomach grumbles*

Did you try proper goulash in Hungary? That's so nom. Although most eastern European food I encountered was nice, it mainly revolved around dumplings!

Erm nope, but I'm not keen on goulash anyway. In Hungary I had battered mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese, it was pretty good. Their beer was decent, too! The award for the best battered mushrooms goes to Serbia, though :p . It was like 120 degrees the day we were there and all I wanted to do was go back to the restaurant ten times and have mushrooms! The thing I had in Bratislava was actually dumplings and goat cheese:

DSC03416.jpg

At the Slovak pub. It was good, but got a bit nasty after a while and neither of us finished our plate.

Love talking about food, as you can see.

Ben

CF Legend
Brett7710 said:
Ben's post about Chinese food earlier just reminded me of the first episode of an Idiot Abroad, i'd prefer any amount of cheese to some of the food they sell in China, chicken fetus was one example! Eurgh

Thank you, THAT'S more what real Chinese food is.

I've also got to pip in with my love for American food. What I love about American food is its ability to take the best bits of "other culture's food" and make it even more amazing. Like Taco Bell and Papa Johns <3 If America just had British chocolate the snacks would be the best as well. Twizzlers <3

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
But remember, the nasty **** is only what they eat in certain parts of China, the food we get in our takeaways and restaurants is how it is in Hong Kong.

marc

CF Legend
Italy in my view.

No matter what restaurant we went to outside of theme parks the food was fantastic. The theme park food was some of the worst I have had though lol.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Love Italian food. Some of the meals I had when I visited Italy were perfection <3 Best sandwiches, amazing pasta , and ok pizza. I was actually really disappointed with the pizza; Probably because I love American Pizza so much.

I would put Japanese second, sushi is unreal :) Foreign food at theme parks is usually pretty bad, i'd only go for chinese.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
TP Rich said:
But remember, the nasty **** is only what they eat in certain parts of China, the food we get in our takeaways and restaurants is how it is in Hong Kong.

That's because it was part of the British Empire for 150 years (or whatever) so they have changed the traditional Chinese food over the years to make it Westernised, which is what we've been saying all along.

It's the British version of Chinese food. Obviously not all of it will be but Hong Kong is a small part of China with food that is popular with Westerners, but the billions of Chinese don't eat it ;)

Ben

CF Legend
TP Rich said:

That's nice, it's also how it is in America, and other countries that aren't China.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
All the people saying Chinese need to go to a "real" Chinese restaurant in London's Chinatown (possibly Birmingham's or Manchester's, though London's is the closest to authentic). You won't like "Chinese" food half as much as you think you do based off that takeaway down the road. Then factor in that even the "real" Chinese restaurants in this country (in the Chinatown areas) are still miles away from actual Chinese food.

And yes, while it varies by region, the food in Hong Kong is NOT the same as the stuff from the local takeaway. Sorry, but however much you argue that point, it just isn't.

For me it's Greek or Italian. Anyone saying that actual pizza in actual Italy is inferior to that s**te you order from Dominoes is an actual retard.

I'm going to say Mexican as well. I haven't been to Mexico, but I have eaten loads of Mexican food literally 20 miles across the border, cooked my Mexican chefs, so it's close enough. The Americanised version of Mexican really isn't all that far off at all either to be fair.

Anyone saying that actual pizza in actual Italy is inferior to that s**te you order from Dominoes is an actual retard.

I just didn't find any of the stuff I had THAT mindblowing. Yes, it was better than Dominoes, but not by that much. Maybe I just got unlucky, but we tried it three times expecting to eventually find something amazing but never did. The pizza I had in Bratislava, New York City, Chicago, and Prague was much, much better.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
^Agreed I had pizza twice when I visited Italy, once in Messina (Sicily) and again in Livorno and it had way too much cheese and not enough sauce. I'm not saying take-out pizza is better, i've just had better pizza at restaurants in Canada, America, and England.

When it comes to Mexican food I never really liked it that much, but then again I've never been to Mexico.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
TP Rich said:

That's nice, it's also how it is in America, and other countries that aren't China.

Not to mention Hong Kong, which is in China. ;)