Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state in comments)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Furie said:
Now, to be fair, Gavin has supported you in this.

Have I? Pretty sure it was basically a complete disagreement:

I said:
And yes, while it varies by region, the food in Hong Kong is NOT the same as the stuff from the local takeaway. Sorry, but however much you argue that point, it just isn't.

Anyway, I forgot to mention Thai food, which was quite a big oversight. Thai <3

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
furie said:
you completely blank them

I'm not ignoring anybody, I'm simply explaining to you why you are incorrect. I don't see why people find it so difficult to accept it when they're incorrect. We all make mistakes, so man up and accept it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
TP Rich said:
furie said:

I'm not ignoring anybody, I'm simply explaining to you why you are incorrect. I don't see why people find it so difficult to accept it when they're incorrect. We all make mistakes, so man up and accept it.

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

Right, I'm still waiting for your replies in the public sector strikes thread, 9/11 thread, and your reply to Furie.

Did you even read his post? You've basically done EXACTLY what he said you do, and why it grates on people. You want to know the beautiful irony here? I can completely decimate your 'argument' merely by quoting you yourself.

I don't see why people find it so difficult to accept it when they're incorrect.

There's only one person, across several arguments, that has found it difficult to accept being incorrect. Take a look and get back to me when you figure it out.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
Furie said:
Now, to be fair, Gavin has supported you in this.

Have I? Pretty sure it was basically a complete disagreement:

I said:
And yes, while it varies by region, the food in Hong Kong is NOT the same as the stuff from the local takeaway. Sorry, but however much you argue that point, it just isn't.

WOW, I completely and utterly misread that :lol: I must have been having a TP Rich moment there. Sorry!

The point still remains though that the people I trust on this matter are people who have visited the countries and can speak from actual experience.

gavin said:
Anyway, I forgot to mention Thai food, which was quite a big oversight. Thai <3

The Thai food I like (and again, it's only UK restaurant Thai food), I really like. However, I hate lemon grass so it limits things a little, but not much...

TP Rich said:
furie said:

I'm sorry, can you post again your description of the food in China from personal experience that shows it's the same as we get over here. I must have missed your explanation in amongst all the people who have been to China (and the special administration region, ex-British colony of Hong Kong, NOT China as such) or have personal experience with Chinese family that prove that Chinese food isn't anything like what you've sampled.

Once you have presented evidence which is water tight (i.e. not just "I say so"), then I'll "man up" and admit I'm wrong. At the moment, I'm taking evidence from trusted sources of people who have real experience (and this goes back to programs I've seen on TV and books I've read over the last 20-30 years, not just a quick Google of some idiot spouting bollocks).