What's new

What would Oblivion be like floorless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

If it was plausible I think it would be wonderful, as I could never see the hole when I went on, because of the bar infront and the big thing in the middle.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
If they're gonna change the trains I think it would be better to make the back row stand-up. That would give a new element to the ride and would not need changes to the station.

Would it be possible to have stand-up trains on Dive Machines?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ They couldn't do that as I don't think the safety envelope in the tunnel and such would be be able to accommodate a stand-up car.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Like other people have said, Oblivion is fine as it and doesn't need Floorless trains. My feet never touch the bar or floor anyway. :lol:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I dont think it would be worth putting floorless trains on oblivion as the ride dosent have any other elements other than the drop. It works with griffon and shiekra as the layouts are long and have multi elements. Oblivions major pull is that it dives underground.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
bradleyhart said:
Having been on both SheiKra and Oblivion, and not taking the ride in to count i prepared it on SheiKra, because of it being Floorless, it would make the drop better, and it would improve and upgrade the ride.

Um...I read that sentence a few times, and I can't figure it out. :?

Rob

Mega Poster
spicy said:
^ The technology wasn't quite ready when Skeikra was built, but B&M said that it would be ready by the the time Griffon was built (2007)

Are you sure? Floorless had already been done, wasn't it just a marketing scheme so they could re-sell it, and also make Griffon look like something individual and new, as people won't of heard of floorless vertical drop if you get what I mean.

A

Anonymous

It would become prescisely 19.4% better. SDjr-always providing the facts.

CMonster

Giga Poster
IMO, where Sheikra improved most from the floorless switch was in the four outermost seats that hang away from the track, especially in the front. However, this is only better because there is actually a layout aside from the drop.

In Oblivion's case, making it floorless wouldn't really enhance the experience that much, especially considering the cost to change it.

nealbie

CF Legend
It's NEVER going to happen, so can we stop talking about it? IF it does, I will ride it in the buff!

Now quiet y'all and go necro-post elsewhere :roll:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
You'd have to completely re-do the station. There is a queue where the mechanical parts would need to go... So no its never going to happen unless there are drastic changes that are not worth doing when Oblivion creates the desired effect for the guests in its current form.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^and with that amazing contribution, the final nail has been firmly hammered into the coffin that is this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.