What's new

What parks do you have zero desire to revisit?

Snoo

The Legend
And I’m not going anywhere NEAR Santa Monica Pier, ever again

Yes. I went there once and nope! Never need to go back as well. Not only was it expensive but it was a crap pier. We have enough of those in the world.

I see you have a zero out of five stars rating — impressive. Subscribed.

For a second, the name made me think it might be this horrifically bad coaster podcast I listened to once, but thankfully it has nothing to do with that.

Well it is a horrifically bad podcast, you just have people you see on the forums actually doing it. :D I will say we've always tried to just be how we actually are to interact with should you meet us together. Anyone who has visited or met the North American contingent could attest to our stupidity. :p

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yes. I went there once and nope! Never need to go back as well. Not only was it expensive but it was a crap pier. We have enough of those in the world.

Well it is a horrifically bad podcast, you just have people you see on the forums actually doing it. :D I will say we've always tried to just be how we actually are to interact with should you meet us together. Anyone who has visited or met the North American contingent could attest to our stupidity. :p
Couldn’t possibly be remotely as dumb as a podcast I listened to once that I thought was going to be coaster discussion, but turned out be more of an audio skit about people getting high and going on a coaster — and oh what hilarity ensued. I’d rather listen to loud static than hear another episode of that podcast.

I’m sure your kind of “stupid” is more of a fun kind of stupid. :D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Bobbejaanland. Even their new cred isn't enough of a draw.

Bellewaerde. I went a couple of years back and revisited this year to mop up creds. Realised that the park was actually pretty poo.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Drayton Manor. Didn't even get on G Force, Storm Force 10, or the stand up floorless of Apocalypse, and still have no interest in revisiting.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Really any second or third tier park without new roller coasters to ride. Six Flags America, Dorney Park, etc. are perfectly passable without something new to experience.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Flamingo Land is the first that comes to mind. It's 90 minutes from me, and I've no desire to experience the poor operations or their unpleasant and inefficient staff again.

Alton Towers isn't far behind at the moment. It's gone downhill dramatically in the last few years, and I've no desire to drive 3 hours and pay premium prices for a park that closes rides, removes single rider queues and otherwise deliberately degrades the visitor experience in the name of cutting costs.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I'd say Drayton Manor. They have no good coasters, and G-Force is also my least favourite coaster. Also all the staff there were miserable, the food was disgusting and the whole park looked really run down. It was actually quite depressing going there.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
M&D's – absolutely terrible place. Literally just a collection of tired travelling fair rides which have been set up on a permanent basis in one location. Customer service is incredibly poor, staff interactions haven't always been pleasant and the park – if you can even call it a park – has a very questionable safety record. They've blown rather a lot of money over the years compensating people for injurys of varying magnitudes that they've sustained whilst at the park.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Lightwater Valley. Despite my love for The Ultimate, the park has nothing else going for it really plus travel wise it's not worth the effort.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well I actually have a couple now...

Funtown and Palace Playland. Got the creds today, no desire to go back there. Funtown kinda sucked, Excalibur was the star attraction but even that was just okay. Playland is more or less a carnival sooo....

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
For me Universal Studio Singapore. Gotten all of the credits including several Vekomas. Well-themed but pretty small park.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I just went to SFA, and really don't get the hate. It's a smaller park with some decent/good coasters. The wooden coasters were well maintained, Apocalypse is nowhere near as bad as you would think after reading coaster forums, the Premier launcher was better than KD's, and Superman is a fun hypercoaster. The place was fairly dead, and there was still two train ops on most of the coasters (Mind Eraser being the exception, but **** that thing). Sure, there is KD (and BGW) within a reasonable distance, but I could find no fault with SFA for what it is- especially taking into account Six Flags' cheap as **** passes.

The park I'd probably pass on, even if they were letting me in for free is Elitch Gardens.

Snoo

The Legend
I just went to SFA, and really don't get the hate. It's a smaller park with some decent/good coasters. The wooden coasters were well maintained, Apocalypse is nowhere near as bad as you would think after reading coaster forums, the Premier launcher was better than KD's, and Superman is a fun hypercoaster. The place was fairly dead, and there was still two train ops on most of the coasters (Mind Eraser being the exception, but :emoji_zipper_mouth: that thing). Sure, there is KD (and BGW) within a reasonable distance, but I could find no fault with SFA for what it is- especially taking into account Six Flags' cheap as :emoji_poop: passes.

The park I'd probably pass on, even if they were letting me in for free is Elitch Gardens.

You are in the minority sir. It's not so much the coasters as I've been to worse quality parks and wanted to go back sometime. It was the other customers, the operations, the staff that really ruined it. Unprofessional, stupid clients (which isn't out of the norm but this was REALLY bad), and it's Six Flags. I went early summer and it wasn't packed but it wasn't dead.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I didn't really see anything egregious operations-wise (can't speak for food ops, cause I avoid that at parks with the exception of beer). Perhaps I lucked into a good day? I'll agree with you on clientele, but that is par for the course at just about every Six Flags park (SFGAm is my home park), and goes hand-in-hand with the aforementioned cheap as **** passes. Upon walking up to the gates of a Six Flags park, I calibrate my expectations to something along the lines of "pond scum", and consider myself blessed if I encounter anyone functioning at a higher level than that.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
You are in the minority sir. It's not so much the coasters as I've been to worse quality parks and wanted to go back sometime. It was the other customers, the operations, the staff that really ruined it. Unprofessional, stupid clients (which isn't out of the norm but this was REALLY bad), and it's Six Flags. I went early summer and it wasn't packed but it wasn't dead.
Unprofessional clients? :confused: