What's new

What parks do you have zero desire to revisit?

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Lightwater Valley- nearest theme park to me but since the ultimate got to painful on my knees I have no interest in going there

Six Flags New England- Mainly for not getting on superman and knowing I wont ever get on it. Rest of the park just lacks character and just really didn't enjoy the other rides (maybe just annoyed at myself I went all the way to New England for that ride and not to get on it when I could have went to Knoebels or lake compunce in the same time with less travelling)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Idlewild
Holiday Park
Darien Lake
Legoland Windsor
Parque De Atracciones Madrid

It would also take something really special for me to bother with Alton Towers or Disneyland Paris again anytime soon.

Snoo

The Legend
Idlewild
Holiday Park
Darien Lake
Legoland Windsor
Parque De Atracciones Madrid

It would also take something really special for me to bother with Alton Towers or Disneyland Paris again anytime soon.

You mean you don't want to go back to Darien Lake for Tantrum? How dare you. :p

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Wild Waves in Washington. So bad, I left after not even 2 hours and went to the zoo instead. Oh, and 11 rides +1 coaster were closed!

Peet

Giga Poster
Linnanmaki - every single cred there was a disappointment.

The zacspin is smaller than the one we rode 2 days earlier at Grona Lund. The E-motion coaster is dreadful. The Mack powered coaster and Maurer spinner are very dull. The wooden coaster has zero airtime. The indoor cred and water coaster are/were very poor. The best ride there was Ukko, a Maurer sky loop - that is really saying something!

The only problem is the Intamin multi-launch coaster that they are building now, so I may have to go back after all!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
It’s true that an adult enthusiast with no kids has no reason to return to Idlewild, but did you not find the park incredibly charming?

I got seriously ill from drinking from the water fountain there, that's why I wouldn't go back.
Despite illness, I didn't find the park that charming, it just kind of felt like a summer camp to me?

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Linnanmaki - every single cred there was a disappointment.

The zacspin is smaller than the one we rode 2 days earlier at Grona Lund. The E-motion coaster is dreadful. The Mack powered coaster and Maurer spinner are very dull. The wooden coaster has zero airtime. The indoor cred and water coaster are/were very poor. The best ride there was Ukko, a Maurer sky loop - that is really saying something!

The only problem is the Intamin multi-launch coaster that they are building now, so I may have to go back after all!

What's the issue with the E-motion coaster?? It just kinda seems like a wild mouse with a barely noticeable gimmick (that I still can't figure out what exactly it does)

Error

Strata Poster
Before this past weekend, I had nothing. Now, I have something to add:
Mt. Olympus-Park Operations were horrible (As a ride host, they were terrifingly bad), the pathways were thin and overcrowded, and there were just too many go-kart tracks. Hades 360 was an excellent ride, but not worth driving 3 hours each way from Chicago.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I got seriously ill from drinking from the water fountain there, that's why I wouldn't go back.
Despite illness, I didn't find the park that charming, it just kind of felt like a summer camp to me?
Ah, but the illness is part of the Old World charm!

:rolleyes: Ugh. Sorry to hear you got so sick. I think that might color anyone’s view of a park. As for what I found so charming, it’s a children’s park caught in time. The Story Book Land was filled with nursery rhyme actors so sincerely into the world and there were children just mesmerized by it all. The trolley ride had my entire train bursting with songs and excitement. The Rollo Coaster is like a Boulder Dash shrunk to 1/3 scale. The wild mouse is hilariously bizarre. And the areas were so fully themed in a charming, and yes, rustic and rural — camp-like — sort of way.

If feeling like a summer camp was a mark against the park, I’m guessing you’re not a big fan of Knoebels, either?

Peet

Giga Poster
What's the issue with the E-motion coaster?? It just kinda seems like a wild mouse with a barely noticeable gimmick (that I still can't figure out what exactly it does)
The cars are supposed to tilt outwards on the corners but it's not noticeable at all. I remember it being quite rough as well. So it's basically an extremely short, very rough steel mouse.

I forgot to include M&D's as a park I won't ever be revisiting - no explanation needed!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Parque de Attracciones de Zaragoza - Park itself isn't bad but rides are terrible. Unless they get something spectacular, I doubt I'll be back soon.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Flamingoland - Their current lineup sucks and their Zoo is actually quite depressing, plus they have garbage food, garbage operations and garbage weather. :emoji_thumbsdown:
Cavellino Matto - This is just down to location and slim chances of a shiny cred to entice me, it really is too far away from the other places in Italy I want to visit, and it's a family park, not really for thrillseekers.
Dreamland - Yes they keep adding/changing creds but It's a long assed way to go for a new spinner or big apple, chances of them getting a worthwhile cred is too slim to imagine returning.
Bakken - It's really not that bad, the mine train is great, and they have a sky fly and a couple of ghost trains, but I won't go back unless something incredible is built there.
Drievliet - Likely one of, if not the worst park I've ever been to. I would rather lick a petrol station toilet than go back there :emoji_roller_coaster: :emoji_fire:

Will

Strata Poster
Disney World.
This has actually prompted me to add Disneyland Paris to the controversial side of my list - certainly, they'd have to make an impressive, notable addition before I made the effort to go back there and it's already 6 years+ since my last visit.

If I've not mentioned Drayton Manor before, I feel now is a good time as well.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
My honest answer is 'most of them'. Apart from a handful of really top-tier parks, I'm a once-and-done kinda guy. Sadly I don't have the time or money to bomb around the world going to parks I've already been to just for their latest +1, so when I do go somewhere I try to go when there has been a recent large investment and do the park as fully as possible, negating the need to go back again any time soon.
Having said that, a few places that I wouldn't even contemplate visiting again include M&D's, Oakwood, Brean Leisure Park, Movie Park Germany, Six Flags St Louis and Knott's Berry Farm.

Cedar Point on the other hand? Universal Fl? Efteling? Europa? Liseberg? I'd go back to those parks tomorrow if I could.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ah, but the illness is part of the Old World charm!

:rolleyes: Ugh. Sorry to hear you got so sick. I think that might color anyone’s view of a park. As for what I found so charming, it’s a children’s park caught in time. The Story Book Land was filled with nursery rhyme actors so sincerely into the world and there were children just mesmerized by it all. The trolley ride had my entire train bursting with songs and excitement. The Rollo Coaster is like a Boulder Dash shrunk to 1/3 scale. The wild mouse is hilariously bizarre. And the areas were so fully themed in a charming, and yes, rustic and rural — camp-like — sort of way.

If feeling like a summer camp was a mark against the park, I’m guessing you’re not a big fan of Knoebels, either?

I've not been to Knoebels yet, but it looks really cute! The Storybook Land was absolutely dead when I went, so it had no atmosphere. And none of the coasters were open. It was the worst day of the trip by far!