What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

TilenB

Strata Poster
Again, what I've found isn't really a coaster, but still something weird and unique to share. This is a skyscraper in Batumi, Georgia (country, not state) and is a part of Batumi Technological University.

2012_10_28_Batumi%2B007.jpg

021450ccb1a0.jpg

Batumi%20tower_p5.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Didn't know where else to put these really but this thread seems as good as any :)

If you're going to do a modelling shoot then an abandoned Chinese knock off Zamperla Volare seems a very odd place to do one. But that hasn't stopped one Chinese photographer from trying.

For those wondering the coaster was an attempt by Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment to build a clone of the much disliked Zamperla Volare flying coaster. For whatever reason the ride has sat untouched at the BSA testing site in North East Beijing for a couple of years now.

Vol1.jpg Vol2.jpg Vol3.jpg Vol4.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Just had this pop up on my random RCDB feed. https://rcdb.com/1409.htm#p=59761

It even had a clone in Jordan!

...and possibly elsewhere before that. Judging by the Jordanian pictures, which must have been taken in November 2016 at the latest, it seems to have way too much wear and tear for a ride that was built in 2013. It has to have been bought used. From where, I have no idea. Can't have been a place many people have heard about.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
TV just made me laugh with this thing.

Wonder if he's counting it.

The company i work for was involved in the construction of this thing. I believe its called Kingwood Stud and isn't too far from where i live. Apparently a major roller coaster company had input in the design but i have no idea if this is true!

Edit:

Mack rides assisted with some of the design!

'Drive cabin/running gear supplier: Mack Rides'

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...-targets-training-revolution/10015794.article