• No, I am opposed to using illegal drugs

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • No, but I would be open to trying it

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm a respectable member of society, with a job that demands "professionalism" and setting a good example, so the answer is obviously no.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Hixee sorta summed up my opinion for me. I've never tried it and I don't plan on trying it. I can get a natural high from a lot of other things with less negative consequences. I know a lot of other things out there are a lot more lethal than marijuana, but I'd rather save my money and use my time for more productive things.

CMonster

Giga Poster
No, I've never smoked it, and never will. I respect my body too much and don't want the chance of ruining my future.

Plus, there are many other things I can get a buzz from. Like roller coasters. :p

Sam

Giga Poster
Hell yeah, infact, I'm smoking a nice fat doobie now! Can't beat a spliff at the end of a long evenings work.

I smoke weed a fair bit (as do alot of my mates), sometimes sitting in with your mates, having a few smokes is just as good as going out on the lash (though obviously if I had to give up one it would be the weed).

As with any drug, if you respect it and what it can do and not plan your life around taking it, you're very unlikely to have any problems using it....

And I think a few people here who are clearly against it are a little naive to be honest...

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ Yes, like I said, it's not my thing. Also, I don't agree that any drug is harmless if you "respect it and what it can do" but that is just my opinion.

Ben

CF Legend
^So you don't drink coffee or coke then?

Caffine's a drug...

And you REALLY best never touch alcohol!

There's a number of us here who treat it with respect, and live our lives to our top potential. Thus, its effect is harmless.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ Haha, I think it's funny that I got you so defensive. I said nowhere that all drugs are bad, I was saying that there are some that you can't deny are harmful to anyone. And to tell the truth, I avoid caffeine, don't like to drink soda often and never coffee. And I'm underage so I don't drink alcohol although I don't have a problem with alcohol in moderation.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I was saying that I don't believe that "any drug is" (and by any I mean "all drugs are") harmless. For example, I don't believe that meth can be harmless to anyone but I do believe that there are many drugs which can be harmless when dealt with correctly and in moderation. I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm not misunderstanding you, you're just talking absolute bollocks.

Even that last post, doesn't make sense.

"any drug is" (and by any I mean "all drugs are") harmless

You're contradicting yourself... Make SENSE man.

marc

CF Legend
Every drug in the world can cause harm if not used properly and read the label :)

Some people are addicted to drugs you can buy over the counter etc.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^^ I don't know why you can't understand what I am saying. I have said the exact same thing 3 times in different ways to try and make it make more sense to you. I'm sorry that you still don't get what I'm trying to get across.

Ben

CF Legend
Lemme break this down for you, sweetie...

I was saying that I don't believe that "any drug is" (and by any I mean "all drugs are") harmless.

We'll take that sentence in particular.

You start with...

I was saying that I don't believe that "any drug is"

So you don't believe ANY drug is harmless, which is what you said to start with, and that was what I took umbrage with as it's totally inaccurate.

You THEN, in the same sentence say...

(and by any I mean "all drugs are"

So, now ALL drugs are harmless...? What? That ALSO doesn't make any sense...

You're NOT saying the same thing over and over again cause I'm not getting it, you're just twisting up what you said so it gets worse and worse, and more and more of a contradiction...

reddude333

Giga Poster
I'm sorry if my point is not getting across. What I think is important to recognize is that although our opinions on this topic clearly differ, I can respect that. However, I do not believe it is necessary to further argue the semantics of my linguistics.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was actually considering this last night (going back to the "I respect my body too much" stand point).

I more than suspect that a space cake is massively better for your body than a can of lager is, yet a decent space cake will get you as happy and off your face as about 10 cans of lager would. How many people who wont do pot for "respect for their body" drink? Yeah... Thought so... ;)

Counter please?

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I've never smoked weed, but don't have anything against people that do. As it happens, I don't drink alcohol or smoke tobacco, either (I certainly used to). I'm extremely fit and health conscious, and get all the excitement and any "buzz" from coasters and rides.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't want to appear to be back tracking on my "pro" stance here, but you're right FYN.

When I was exercising daily and eating well, I had not desire to drink or smoke at all. I found that exercise did indeed happily replace "drugs". There's certainly something in that stance :)