What's new

Walibi parks

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Walibi parks 2012

Just watched Part 2 of TPRs IAAPA TR on yutube. During an interview with Zierer, the man said they were working with a park in Belgium. Mabye Walabi?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ I know Walibi Belgium maybe the first park you think of when it comes to Belgium, but there are quite a few parks in Belgium, namely Plopsaland, Bobbejaanland, Bellewaerde & 2 other Plopsa parks.

And from whats been discussed in here so far, it seems unlikely that they're getting anything new at WB next year.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
And from whats been discussed in here so far, it seems unlikely that they're getting anything new at WB next year.

Not next year, not the year after and probably no new rides untill 2015. Only a revamped Turbine in 2013, when Gerstlauer is finished with it.

The only thing the park will be working on the following years is a massive re-theme of the park and their existing rides. The park will be split up in 3 zones: W.A.B. Zone, The SkunX and Fabulous Area. Each zone and their rides will be themed around there names; cheesy and pop-like for WAB, dark and heavy like The SKunX and well...I guess gay if you hear the name for the Fabulous Area.

The park is now also working on an album from both bands WAB and The SkunX aswell as a TV-series that will probably be aired on Nickelodeon. Next year the very first Walibi comic book will be published as well.

CdA and Walibi are also working on a new 3D movie, after the success from "Rokken Roll", which won the first price on the '3 Dimenion' festival in Paris. It is expected that 3D movie will be released within 4 years. Walibi is now also talking with American and Chinese parks for having the "Rokken Roll" 3D movie in their parks.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm really not fussed about this whole music thing, but if it works for the parks, thats great.

When I was younger, Walibi Belgium and Walibi World were 2 of the parks that I really wanted to visit, badly. Now though, they're slowly dropping down that list...

Lofty

CF Legend

To be totally honest, I kind of love this Music Battle theme. It's much more then just the parks, it's a whole mass market of ideas. It's fantastic.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
When I was younger, Walibi Belgium and Walibi World were 2 of the parks that I really wanted to visit, badly. Now though, they're slowly dropping down that list...

I must say that I feel the same way about Walibi Belgium. Walibi World never was my favorite park anyway, I actually quit hate it overthere after several experiences there I didn't like. I'm not even that keen on Goliath :oops:...

Anyway, I used to visit Walibi Belgium about 10 times per year starting from 2002 till 2004. From 2005 till now I have visited the park 5 times...Investing in entertainment and theming and re-brading is one thing. But in Walibi's case, people go overthere for the rides, not for anything else. However Walibi Belgium is having great shows and the entertainment in the park is done really professional, you just feel the park is going downwards. I remember going to the park a couple of years ago, running from ride to ride. When I go there now and pass Vampire, it's like "Oh, been there, done that". Loup-Garou? Oh well, the queue is finally not massive, but I'll pass anyway. And that is such a shame. Numbers of visitors from the park are always amazing and really good and they have been the best kid in class from the CDA-group since years. Walibi Belgium now has visitors between 1.100.000 and 1.300.000 and with adding a new ride that's worth the name, they could easily reach up to 1.400.000 , since many people from France, Holland and Germany find their way to Walibi Belgium since 1975. But as long as CDA says there is no need for a new ride and they don’t come up with extra budget, we have to live with a park that is way behind its glory years.

I do have to say, I once found an interview online with one of the managers of Walibi Belgium and the park is already screaming out loud for years in a row they want a new ride for the park.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

New for Walibi Holland in 2012: Rokken Roll 5D Cinema, after the success of the 4D version in Walibi Belgium and the 3D version in Walibi Sud-Ouest. It is also told that CDA and Walibi are now talking with some American parks and parks in Japan to broadcast the Rokken Roll video.

Rumors came up for Walibi Belgium for the creation of a brand new themed zone. It has been said the license with Lucky Luke came to an end and the Lucky Luke and Dalton characters have to leave the park. This also means that both main rides in the area; Calamity Mine and Dalton Terror have to drop their name and theming after over 14 years. These rumors say the Lucky Luke City zone will be turned into Shimmeria, a planet in the Music Battle franchise. They say Calamity Mine will be re-themed into this secret subway they have to take to get to Shimmeria and the Psyke club (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbeCRIZxLE). The rumors also say Dalton Terror to get some extra's, such as an indoor top with audio and visual effects.

I'm curious if they are true...I actually think they are going to destroy on of the prettiest zones in the park.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

New for the Walibi parks in 2012...

Walibi Holland: 5D Theater, showing the Rokken Roll movie, which can already be seen in Walibi Belgium.

Walibi Sud-Ouest: Three brand new kiddie-rides, which is pretty good since they have a lack of kiddierides.

Walibi Rhône-Alpes: The park that gets the most: a brand new log-flume. Rumors say it will be built by Intamin. Name of the ride: Bambooz River!

38886833152435354211713.jpg

Walibi Belgium: Re-theming of existing rides and since the Turbine project is delayed with a year: nothing else new. One of the slides in Aqualibi is now closed and will have a check-up the following months. Reason for the closure of the slide called 'Bi-Bob': it was to intense and many people got injured during the ride cause the boats were tipping or visitors actually flew over the landing pool at the end of the slide.

All 4 Walibi-parks will also get a brand new parkshow featuring the Music Battle figures.

Picture by Jonas Schadron for http://www.pretparkkriebels.be

peep

CF Legend

Wow a park is actually building a NEW log flume! The amount of random discussions I've had this year with peeps about parks not bothering with them anymore and wondering if Mack still build them etc. Hope it's a good one.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Although it does appear small, its still good to see them investing in the smaller Walibi parks. Completely forogt they even existed!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

It is like they love doing it, but Walibi Belgium is going to pimp one of their existing rides again. After pimping and abandoned rollercoaster into a haunted walk-through, pimping their log-flume and the bumperride for Halloween, this season they do it again with the park-train: Walibi Express.

Starting from next season, the boring, tame and lame Walibi Express will be transformed into...The Musical Xperience. As their new website says, it will be a duelling parktrain with a battle between W.A.B. and The SkunX onride.

Maybe not worth the news, but again, CDA proves how to make innocent visitors pay 31 EUR to ride a pimped ancient ride. Well done, Compagnie des Alpes.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

The Walibi Studios, the entertainment group from Compagnie des Alpes have released two brand new videos from the two Walibi bands W.A.B. and The SkunX with two new songs; 'Girls Talk' and 'The SkunX Sign X'.

http://www.cube-creative.fr/en/projet/407/sign-x-walibi-a-ettori

http://www.cube-creative.fr/en/projet/406/girls-talk-walibi-a-ettori-rchapotot

Meanwhile, The Walibi Studio's are rumored to be working very hard on a TV-show about The Music Battle and they have already been talking with aswell Dutch (Nickelodeon), French (Gulli) and Belgian TV-networks (RTL-TVI) to host the show.

All the characters from the Walibi parks have now also made their debute outside the park walls as they have their very own ski slope in France at La Menuires, a giant ski-resort in Savoie, France.

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, again, the WAB song is better than Skunx. Ha, I have to admit, I LOVE how in-depth the Music Battle thing is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Rose-tinted glasses because you liked Walibi Holland. I enjoyed the place as well, but we need to be realistic about what Walibi are doing.

The simple fact is, they've got away with adding NOTHING new to their major parks for years.

Lofty

CF Legend

gavin said:
^Rose-tinted glasses because you liked Walibi Holland. I enjoyed the place as well, but we need to be realistic about what Walibi are doing.

The simple fact is, they've got away with adding NOTHING new to their major parks for years.
I didn't mean in terms of parks, I meant the Music Battle theme overall, the Music, Cartoons, Characters etc. Yeah, in terms of the parks, they've actually done nothing really, well especially over at Walibi Holland, they've themed one area and changed it slightly, that's it. If it completely took over the park, I'd have to argue with your point, but I'm actually agreeing with you, in terms of the parks etc.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I get it, I really do get the whole rebranding thing. It's a way of convincing guests that there's 'new' stuff at the park and therefore a different experience to be had at the park. But I agree with Gavin, they've added nothing substantial in a LONG time and new songs and characters are only going to go so far unless they have something major up their sleeves.

If they DO have something awesome planned then in the long run it'll be nice to see the parks looking fresh and modernised.

Martyn B

CF Legend

This is that new Log Flume at Walibi Rhône-Alpes:

57811944455219890599813.jpg

What is with the all the **** small drops having the 'double-downs' nowadays? Its pointless really.

Lofty

CF Legend

I know. I love it when they have the larger drops with double drops. They're really fun if taken at speed.