What's new

Walibi parks

Martyn B

CF Legend
They seem to be doing a lot fo stuff to their parks nowadays, so I thought we might as well have one topic for it all.

Xpress is getting touched up:

87380354.jpg

54567571.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Walibi parks 2012

^Ooh, that looks quite sexy. I think It'll still be a fair few years until they've made the whole park pretty, it was such a dump before, I'd rather give it a chance to improve.

Ben

CF Legend

They should well spite Disney and put it inside <3

And um... about time. It's only been shut all year... Oh well, guess it was faster than the Boomerang!

Stupid place. Amazing Intamin, idiotic owners.

peep

CF Legend

Oh I thought I read it was leaving? Hmm, interesting. At least it means they're aiming to re-open it (but does mean I have to go back, urgh), hope it gets a good re-theme like the boomerang. They should just take down Robin Hood and the SLC of death though. I am intrigued to see how the park progresses with this new branding.

Lofty

CF Legend

Hmm. I sincerely hope to god that they get the new trains. The new trains on Speed of Sound were actually great. Not one head bang and seeing as it's a Boomerang, that's quite something.

I actually loved the park, no idea why, I just really enjoyed the place. It's got a bit of a retarded flow and layout, but apart from that, it's a nice little place.

Their entertainment is going to grow and grow too. With more shows planned for next year and an even bigger Halloween Fright Nights event, they're spending a lot of money on the aesthetics and ents. I know this from having a meeting with some of the park's management staff. They were absolutely lovely people and you could see their enthusiasm for the place, which was so refreshing.

Jake

Strata Poster

EVERY Vekoma looping coaster needs these trains...

1s6qim250l22ek4125g00q.jpg

ktb2gahh7a00h2g00dddb1.jpg

4a40aqqm250l22eke125g0.jpg

Now THAT gets rid of headbanging, and would actually make them all fab <3.

That is all.

Jake

Strata Poster

Whoops, http://rcdb.com/1093.htm

They don't hurt at all...

My lap is a lot less sensitive than my FACE anyway, so I'd rather have a bit of discomfort there than something punching me in the face (not that there is any with these, but still <3).

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Those definetly look like an improvement from the old trains!
I dont understand why parks who have exisiting vekoma trains (which would be the majority of vekomas) still keep the trains, when surely they know the ride is painful and vekoma does indeed supply newer designed trains for at least their SLC's and Boomerangs etc.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Do you know who's the manufacturer of those trains?

I've only tried the new Vekoma trains (Speed of Sound) and the KumbaK ones (Python), and out of those two I prefer the KumbaK ones!

A

Anonymous

^ It's a company called "Schäfer Amusement Technology" that have made them, they seems to be pretty similar to the new ones on Teststrecke, and if they ride the same then they should be awesome.
One problem though that they might have. Since the have a higher seating position compared to the original trains they might be problems with forces which the ride was not designed for which could in time destroy the track/trains unless properly maintained...

Lofty

CF Legend

andrus said:

I've only tried the new Vekoma trains (Speed of Sound) and the KumbaK ones (Python), and out of those two I prefer the KumbaK ones!

Wow, the first enthusiast ever to think Kumbak has actually made an improvement to the ride. Have you rode their new trains for Stampida? Seriously. The ****?

andrus

Giga Poster

-lofty- said:
andrus said:

Wow, the first enthusiast ever to think Kumbak has actually made an improvement to the ride. Have you rode their new trains for Stampida? Seriously. The ****?
Yes I've ridden the new trains for Stampida, but not the old ones. I really enjoyed the ride though :) A little bit bumpy and not so much airtime, but still a very solid ride. I assume it was a lot better in the past though?

I think Python's trains are great! They're spacious and can fit a tall person like myself without problem, unlike the new Vekoma trains on Speed of Sound..

Lofty

CF Legend

andrus said:
-lofty- said:
andrus said:

Yes I've ridden the new trains for Stampida, but not the old ones. I really enjoyed the ride though :) A little bit bumpy and not so much airtime, but still a very solid ride. I assume it was a lot better in the past though?

I think Python's trains are great! They're spacious and can fit a tall person like myself without problem, unlike the new Vekoma trains on Speed of Sound..

Last post on here which is off-topic, I do apologise, but;

The old trains were fantastic. SO much airtime. A really great ride. Comfy seating, yeah, it was slightly rough, but come on, it's a woody. It wasn't enough to write home about. The first drop, your arse never touched the seat, now, it's just terrible.

Also, worth mentioning is the double up, ****, so much pain is lumbered on to you at that point, it's literally agonising, it throws you into the restraints. It used to be amazing with so much air at that point. Oh well, they've well and truly **** the coaster over <//3

Martyn B

CF Legend

Was there any official decision made on re-opening Turbine or getting that MS Spinner for Walibi Belgium?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
Was there any official decision made on re-opening Turbine or getting that MS Spinner for Walibi Belgium?

Yes, there is. The Spinning Coaster plans are now on hold. Walibi Belgium confirmed that they will re-open Turbine next season. Construction and renovations on Turbine have already begun. For 2012, Walibi Belgium will re-open Turbine together with a brand new themed zone around the coaster and the parks log-flume FlashBack. Turbine will also be re-themed after the logflume (FlashBack is themed as a 1869 factory that hides a machine that makes people younger). The projectname for this brand new zone is 'The Fabulous Area'.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
^ Any other news on any of the other parks?

There is not that much known yet. Only that Walibi Holland will open a new 4D-theater, showing the 'Rokken Roll' movie that is now already playing in Walibi Belgium and Walibi Sud-Ouest. It is also rumored that Walibi Sud-Ouest will get a new waterride in 2012.

Walibi is also negotiating with French kidsnetwork Gulli and Belgian TV-channel RTL-TVI to start with an animated Walibi TV-show about 'The Music Battle' for 2012.