• Total voters

Rush

Giga Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
SnooSnoo said:
They suck actually.

No.

Please. Shush.

For the last time we KNOW you like Vekoma. Let everyone have their opinion and I'm sure they won't bash you for yours. If you're going to keep preaching and bashing others because they don't agree, you're going to be disliked.

I don't really mind Vekoma. They're more of a 'in the middle' company in my opinion. They've produced some great rides (in my opinion) such as Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Velocity and the Big Thunder Mountains.

Unfortunately they're reputation is probably lowered by the fact that their SLC's and Boomerangs can be pretty rough. The fact that they're everywhere as well probably further decreases it. I also think that Kumali, Space Mountain: Mission 2 and X:\WTF are pretty awful too.

If there weren't so many SLC's and Boomerangs around I'm pretty sure they'd be more popular with enthusiasts.

Oh and for the sake of the poll Vekoma. Unless the car is made of sponge. :p

Snoo

The Legend
Ormerod said:
People who are ignorant enough to dismiss a manufacturer aren't really enthusiasts.

I'm not really dismissing, as I believe most people aren't, just that the dozens of Vekomas I've been on have truly sucked.

One I could say I actually enjoyed, and the ONLY reason was because it didn't headbang the hell out of me (Great Nor'Easter).. but it WOULD have had it had the old restraints.

Once I get a good experience, I'll get back to this thread and say they don't suck as much.. but until they get out of the dark ages (which they are slowly doing) and building rides which don't suck, they will continue to suck until they can make a ride which doesn't suck.

And yes.. Vekoma sucks.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
SnooSnoo said:
They suck actually.

No.
Please. Shush.

That's not my point. My point is that we all should've got over this Vekoma bashing crap by now. Every company has their problems (except maybe the likes of B&M?) but they all have their strong points too. People need to look at the new and better side of ride companies. For example, I quite enjoy Pinfari's later models, but their older stuff is pretty bad.

Rush

Giga Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
SnooSnoo said:
They suck actually.

No.
Please. Shush.

That's not my point. My point is that we all should've got over this Vekoma bashing crap by now. Every company has their problems (except maybe the likes of B&M?) but they all have their strong points too. People need to look at the new and better side of ride companies. For example, I quite enjoy Pinfari's later models, but their older stuff is pretty bad.

You're missing my point.

Looking at your CC, you haven't ridden a huge amount of Vekomas, most of yours are from Disney whose Vekomas are considered much better than other parks. Ride one such as Kumali, Goudurix, El Condor and Boomerang and you may not feel the same way. Ride some more coasters from other big companies such as B&M, Intamin and GCI and you'll see there's a big quality difference.

Snoo hasn't ridden the Disney Vekomas (from his CC) so his view is obviously going to be different. You have to live with the fact that people just don't like them.

I'm mainly fed up with you preaching all over the place that people are wrong to dislike Vekoma. People don't like Screamin' Swings and you don't see me going around complaining about it.

There's nothing wrong about being a fanboy. It's when you make a fuss everywhere that not everyone agrees with you; that's when it's wrong.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Rush said:
I'm mainly fed up with you preaching all over the place that people are wrong to dislike Vekoma. People don't like Screamin' Swings and you don't see me going around complaining about it.

I agree with what you're saying Rush, I just want to point one thing out. You can't really compare people's opinions on Screamin' Swings and Vekoma coasters. Screamin' Swings are all the same. Some of them might be bigger or painted differently, but they all swing you back and forth. Vekoma rides have a lot of different models and they don't all ride the same. It's a lot different to say Screamin' Swings suck, where all of them are the same, rather than branding a manufacturer of various coaster types like Vekoma as crap. That really depends, like you said, on what Vekomas people have been on.

Rush

Giga Poster
^I'm trying to compare more that he's a fanboy of Vekoma and I'd say I'm a fanboy of Screamin' Swings and I don't really go round bumming them all the time. (mostly :p) Not Vekoma and the Screamin' Swing but I understand that's a bit of a poor comparison.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Rush said:
^I'm trying to compare more that he's a fanboy of Vekoma and I'd say I'm a fanboy of Screamin' Swings and I don't really go round bumming them all the time. (mostly :p) Not Vekoma and the Screamin' Swing but I understand that's a bit of a poor comparison.

Oh, I suppose I see what you mean now. You were trying to make a comparison between fanboys, not rides themselves. I get it.

Speaking of which, what do you mean there are people that don't like Screamin' Swings? :roll:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
SnooSnoo said:
They suck actually.

No.
Please. Shush.

You're missing my point.

Looking at your CC, you haven't ridden a huge amount of Vekomas, most of yours are from Disney whose Vekomas are considered much better than other parks. Ride one such as Kumali, Goudurix, El Condor and Boomerang and you may not feel the same way. Ride some more coasters from other big companies such as B&M, Intamin and GCI and you'll see there's a big quality difference.

Snoo hasn't ridden the Disney Vekomas (from his CC) so his view is obviously going to be different. You have to live with the fact that people just don't like them.

There's nothing wrong about being a fanboy. It's when you make a fuss everywhere that not everyone agrees with you; that's when it's wrong.

I didn't find Kumali that bad, infact it was pretty smooth apart from the cobra, even at the back.

I don't think he is saying it is wrong to not like Vekoma, I think he is saying it is wrong to not like them because their past rides may not have been great.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
Rush said:
dj-fireball999 said:
SnooSnoo said:
They suck actually.

No.
Please. Shush.

Fair enough, I do probably make too much of a fuss when stuff like that happens, however I'm now doing it a LOT less that I first was, when I joined this site. I guess I probably am pissing a lot of people off, and I'm sorry for that.

BUT, who the hell do you think you are, woman?!

Snoo

The Legend
No.. it is ok to believe in what you want DJ. I respect your opinion to the fullest but I'll tell you when I disagree with it. You have some balls standing up for what you believe in, however wrong it may be.. :lol: ;)

My only suggestion, my real point in all this, go ride some of those bad Vekoma's.. the brain damage ones.. and see how your perception of Vekoma changes. Sometimes it would seem as if you praise them as if they could do no wrong.. which is totally not true. In fact, they have done TONS of wrong.. and as I noted before.. are finally growing into right.

That isn't to say that no company has bad rides, but most of the major companies have more right then wrong.. which hasn't been the case for Vekoma in my, and many others experiences.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
No.. it is ok to believe in what you want DJ. I respect your opinion to the fullest but I'll tell you when I disagree with it. You have some balls standing up for what you believe in, however wrong it may be.. :lol: ;)

My only suggestion, my real point in all this, go ride some of those bad Vekoma's.. the brain damage ones.. and see how your perception of Vekoma changes. Sometimes it would seem as if you praise them as if they could do no wrong.. which is totally not true. In fact, they have done TONS of wrong.. and as I noted before.. are finally growing into right.

That isn't to say that no company has bad rides, but most of the major companies have more right then wrong.. which hasn't been the case for Vekoma in my, and many others experiences.

For me though, for something to be loved and to be desirable, it needs to express human like qualities, and therefore flaws, which is basically what makes up Vekoma and Arrow for me!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I agree, being perfect is heartless and soulless.

Being flawed is a human quality, and is therefore relatable to.

For me the more bad than good doesn't stack up:
Good
Velocity
Kumali (Shenlin SLC!)
Infusion (SLC!)
Bad
Corkscrew (Alton MK1200)
Corkscrew (Mingo Land MK1200)

Naemuti

Mega Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
For me though, for something to be loved and to be desirable, it needs to express human like qualities, and therefore flaws, which is basically what makes up Vekoma and Arrow for me!

So I guess that means I can't love Intamin, since they never make a bad ride. :wink:

A

Anonymous

I'd rather get hit by a semi truck than ride a painful vekoma.

Jake

Strata Poster
If it was a credit, I'd ride it.

If I'd already done the coaster, I'd take the car.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Pieman said:
dj-fireball999 said:

So I guess that means I can't love Intamin, since they never make a bad ride. :wink:
You can love them, but they are soulless and heartless because they are perfect. Being deeply flawed gives something character, and a soul.