Would you rather:

• Ride a mediocre Vekoma

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Get hit by a car (~35mph) while in a sumo suit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Vekoma aren't bad at all. It's just people who love to moan at everything wanting to find something to have a go at. It's like bullying the weaker coasters.

Error

Strata Poster
Funny enough, I might be the only one whose done both (minus the sumo suit).

So, you're asking for a headache that would last for hours versus a pain in your leg for weeks.

...I'll ride the coaster...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say riding a Vekoma in a sumo suit. Should eliminate the roughness, so I can finally see what's left when that's taken out of the context.

Getting hit by a car just seems painful. Though, I suppose that depends on the car.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
wolverinechris said:
furie's complaining about a lack of good topics

After reading this one, so am I.

I thought we were over the "Vekoma are crap" bollocks by now. It seems not.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Honestly, I know you were just trying to be silly, but riding a Vekoma is really never as painful as being hit by a car. And I happen to like SLCs. They're a decent ride besides the headbanging. I actually go on SFNE's Mind Eraser and like it. Crazy, I know. :roll:

Slash

Giga Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
Vekoma, because I bloody love them no matter what. So there.

Thats cause your a fanboy :p

I think I'd go for the car. As long as there was crash mats EVERYWHERE and no chance of getting injured. Cause it'd be an experience and some great adrenaline rush.

It'd be a toss up but I dunno I've always wondered what being hit by a car would be like.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I really don't like this topic. There is absolutely no point of it what so ever. It's not even funny. It's not showing peoples opinions on Vekoma's coasters, it's just taking the piss out of them. Yes, maybe some of their rides are rough, but then again, so are Arrow's coasters, some Intamin's, and Togo's are a lot worse. Why aren't there polls taking the piss out of them?

The majority of people seem to be thinking that Vekoma are bad because of the SLC and Boomerang clones. Yet, they don't seem to understand that these clones allow smaller theme parks, to buy a coaster that's pretty thrilling (especially in the eyes of the general public), with a small foot print for a pretty low amount of money. This in turn, attracts more guests, creating more profit for the park, which they can invest into newer, custom rides.

Fair enough, there are a few people who genuinely don't like Vekoma. That's fine. However, the rest seem to just follow this particular stereotype, as they seem to be totally unable to come up with their own views and opinions. So they feel the need to follow others.

Seriously, this poll is stupid. Good day. :roll:

marc

CF Legend
Just ignore it, everyone has their views.

I have no problem with Vekoma apart from SLC's and Mission 2, the rest are fine that I have been on. Plus they made the best Wild Mouse that I have ever been on.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Actually I have no problem with SLCs, even if they did cause THAT much pain, which they don't, they are still forcefull and fun.

This is a stupid stereotype from the old days of MK1200 Corkscrew models, not at all relevant today.

Ben

CF Legend
They ARE getting better, but, a lot of their newer stuff DOES still suck. Look at Flamingoland.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I'm being completely honest here when I say I enjoy SFNE's Mind Eraser and I actually ride it multiple times in a row. In the back. I went there last week and had very little headbanging.

Am I weird?