From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cars!

main.php

main.php

main.php

My personal second favourite new trains this year (after Untamed).

All images from here: http://www.moviepark-preview.de/

Ben

CF Legend
Um, why are there cars next to the lift hill? Fairly sure the movie is set at the end of the nineteenth century...? I know it's steampunk and all, but, those are just cars...? Did I miss something?

The coaster cars are cool though. But, why are they themed to CARS? At least they're themed after more vintage cars I guess, not 50s Christine-esque things <//3 Although cars weren't really around at the time, whatever.

Who needs rides to be accurate anyway...

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought it was themed to Van Helsing's Factory, which just so happens to be a car factory?! Thats how it seems by the looks of it anyway...

Ben

CF Legend
But, I'm really confused... I... Is this not based on the movie then? Or is this some sort of grandson of the movie Van Helsing?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've not seen the films (not my thang), but the ride is set to a Vampire hunt. Do they not hunt for vampires in an industrial environment in the movie(s)?

There are other theme elements ( I see a wall and oil drums), but yes, it's more like a scrap yard than anything else.

Ben

CF Legend
^There's only the one film ;)

And, no, the film is set in late 19th century Transylvania - not really World-famouse for its car industry - and takes place mostly in big, old castles in scenes like this...

van_helsing_pictures.jpg

There's SOME slight elements of Steampunk (SLIGHT!), but, that's about it.

Basically, cars don't fit in the movie at all, hence I'm assuming it's not themed around the film. Which is weird seeing as it's... Movie Park...

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Isn't Van Helsing pretty much immortal? Well.... He's REALLY old in the film isn't he? And 1950 is only 60/70 years after the film is set, and if he is over 1800 years old... and extra few decades wouldn't hurt? Saying this, I can't remember if he is alive or dead at the end of the film.... I'm just getting my geek out finding out that the only thing from his past he could remember was fighting in the battle of Masada in 75AD and the film is set in 1887AD :)

Ben

CF Legend
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that whole left-hand of God thing, so, I guess that could make sense, yeah, and he does survive the end of the film (although Dracula and all the other vampires don't, meh, they can get round that!)

Still seems a bit strange to me to stray from the film's look so much with quite a small aspect of the plot, but, meh, I guess it does at least fit in then.

Still, I do find it odd...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Doesn't work. When I clicked on it it came up with "Security Violation - The action you attempted is not permitted. "

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Beautiful theming in there, if only Six Flags would put that kind of effort into a ride. Looks like a decent family coaster like thirteen without all the 'world first' hype and better theming.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think it looks really good, that video has made me want to ride it more to see the extent of these illusions/effects!

Ben

CF Legend
That looks fabbbbb. So not steam-punk in any way, or related to the film, but it looks fabbbb.