What's new

Van Helsing's Factory - Gerstlauer for Movie Park

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I like the ideas with the slow spots to tell the story & the fast spots to flee the vampires. He explains that video projections on the ceiling above the first lift that will show the vampires entering the building from above. Then you cruise throughout the Van Helsing laboratory out into a forest, which is taken with some speed. Then there's going to be a tunnel throughout that curve after the first MCBR. Then on the second lift hill they will have Vampires that will appear to try to pull the guests out of the coaster, which sounds awesome if they do it right. There will also be the dome with the film projector that I mentioned in the first post at the top of the 2nd lift hill, but he didn't say what the projection will be. After that it speeds back up to over 40kmh, which is fast for a compact indoor coaster, as you flee the Vampires once more before returning to the station.
So it may not look like much, but it sounds pretty fab if they can do everything the way they say & actually pull it off. Given that they have posted warnings that this coaster is not recommended for families, I'm expecting it to be quite realistic & a bit frightening.

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
lb895t406p1gakc000oai1.jpg
P-tsssssss P-tssssssss

</stupidinjokethatonlyIanwillget>

What model coaster is this? Basically, what I'm trying to get at: is this similar to the new Hansa highly themed indoor Gerstlauer, or is this a different type?

Lofty

CF Legend
This coaster is basically, an indoor Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster. The new one at Hansa is just a Gerstlauer Family Coaster by the looks of it :)

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Reminds me of Temple of the Night Hawk at Phantasia, which has bugger all theming on the ride itself, and suffers for it.

Whereas this one sounds like it will have a LOT of theming. We'll see.

Why "Van Helsing"? It's MOVIE Park, vampires are unfortunately still hot property, but they can't afford the Twiglet franchise...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Twilight vampires are friendly, glittery poofs & Van Helsing vampires are right frightening bastards.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
ECG said:
I like the ideas with the slow spots to tell the story & the fast spots to flee the vampires. He explains that video projections on the ceiling above the first lift that will show the vampires entering the building from above. Then you cruise throughout the Van Helsing laboratory out into a forest, which is taken with some speed. Then there's going to be a tunnel throughout that curve after the first MCBR. Then on the second lift hill they will have Vampires that will appear to try to pull the guests out of the coaster, which sounds awesome if they do it right. There will also be the dome with the film projector that I mentioned in the first post at the top of the 2nd lift hill, but he didn't say what the projection will be. After that it speeds back up to over 40kmh, which is fast for a compact indoor coaster, as you flee the Vampires once more before returning to the station.
So it may not look like much, but it sounds pretty fab if they can do everything the way they say & actually pull it off. Given that they have posted warnings that this coaster is not recommended for families, I'm expecting it to be quite realistic & a bit frightening.

See, this does sound fantastic.

On a budget of 5 Million Euro though? Hmmmmmmmm

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice report there!
Exterior looks better than I expected.
DSC08488.jpg

Pre-show set looks great (if they match this artwork)!
DSC08503.jpg

I want one of these:
DSC08504.jpg

Creepy!
DSC08509.jpg

I like this:
DSC08614.jpg

This is the 2nd lift hill where the ghoulies are going to try to pull you out of the coaster.
DSC08616.jpg

Will

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Didn't that delightful creature used to live at Blackpool? :p
But yeah, as Movie Park coasters go, it's... more interesting than most.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I think it's fair to compare this with Thirteen - both are slightly scary themed family coasters.

Looks to me like this will wipe the floor with Thirteen, which for me falls down badly with the on-ride theming.

For €5m it looks like an absolute steal (admittedly, they had the building already).

Interesting extras from that report: 45 mins of music for VHF; Splash Bash already converted (?); "Drive Motors Family Coaster"; and Bandit refurb by 2014 (needs more than a "refurb"...).

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm interested in this ride. The themeing looks really good. Even if the track isn't that thrilling it looks like it'll interact well with the scenery.
I love how the theme looks really dark and it could actually be quite scary.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still trying to get over the fact that I'm going to have to go back to that dump to ride this.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's another image of the layout, outlines the station's location a bit more clearly.

index.php

nadroJ

CF Legend
Looking really cool, seems like it'll ride like a high-speed ghost train to me, similar to that Scooby-Doo themed coaster in Australia. Perfect for families with kids who like a scare but aren't up for the big thrills just yet. Cool.

The movie still sucks though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll be intrigued to see the final product. I wonder if it will "feel" like the beginning of Revenge of the Mummy, except with some fast bits thrown in.

marc

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
I'm still trying to get over the fact that I'm going to have to go back to that dump to ride this.

Could not agree more, I liked the film as much as I liked the park lol.

The coaster does look like it will be well themed and the layout looks quite good.