What's new

"Untamed" - Eurofighter for Canobie Lake Park

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
While trying to catch up on news that happened while I was in Germany I noticed that Canobie Lake is getting a new Eurofighter for 2011 called Untamed. They have this on the park's website:
Untamed.jpg

http://www.canobie.com

...and this photo on facebook:
33589_448539113826_18373183826_5293608_4348935_n.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2a9nbk2

This will be the 3rd installation of the 320+ model in the world (after Rage & Falcon at Duinrell), the 1st in the USA & the 4th Euro fighter to come to America. It's also the first new coaster to debut at the park since the Canobie Corkscrew opened in 1987.

Layout:
untaimed%20layout.jpg

Ride sketch:
Praposal+theme.jpg

Station sketch:
stationart.jpg

Stats:
Model: Euro Fighter 320+
Length: 1185 ft
Height: 73 ft
Speed: 44 mph
Max Vertical Angle: 97 Degrees
Inversions: 3 - Loop, Immelmann, Zero-G Roll
G-Force: max 4.5, Min -1.5
Capacity: 850 riders per hour using 3, 8 Passenger cars.

RCDB:
http://www.rcdb.com/9517.htm

nadroJ

CF Legend
LOL at the bear! <3

Anyway, looks quite standard, but I like Eurofighters, so that's a good thing =]

Yay, etc.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah I like these, they're cute an all that. I just think the loop is a bit too big for how small the whole ride is.

Never the less, these are always good additions to pretty much any park.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Well I think a large loop is an easy way to make a big impression. Just imagine the talk in the park: "Wow, look at that big ass loop! Omg, I wanne ride it!!" It aint always about what rides the best but what looks the best (read: most impressive).

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think a Eurofighter is a good choice for a park that hasn't had a new ride in a long time. It's not the most exciting ride, but a good addition, and reltively easy to theme.

s15c

Mega Poster
Clones

I don't like clones. I'm prejudiced against them. I like to go on original and special designed rides only. I'll go on coasters that are identical but released at the same time, but not clones. I have been on Batman at GADV, but that was the original clone for that group, so it's all good for me.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^That's just daft.

If a ride is awesome, I'll go on it no matter how many times it's been reproduced.

This should be a great little ride for the park. Rage was good fun, so I see no reason why this won't be as well.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Canobie Lake has posted station construction photos on their facebook page. It's looking exactly like the sketches they released.

185691_10150101180688827_18373183826_6286864_1854808_n.jpg

180768_10150101180618827_18373183826_6286861_4956200_n.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah. They have strict height restrictions at Canobie Lake, which is why the coaster will be quite small (compared to other Eurofighters) as well.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
new

A standard 3-inversion eurofighter can do a lot of good for the park, considering they haven't had any new coasters this will give the some needed buzz.

Jake

Strata Poster
How dare they get a clone? I mean, all the residents in New England are BOUND to have been to Southend and the middle-of-nowhere in the Netherlands. How do the park think they're going to get away with this?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think this is the perfect fit for a park in need of a new decent coaster. We know this is not the tallest, fastest or most thrilling Eurofighter, but I guess it will do wonders to Canobie, since their last coaster was built in 1991, and the last decent coaster back in 1987...