What's new

Universal Studios Florida | Transformers ride

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Re: Transformers ride | Universal Studios Florida

Seeing as this will proberly be the dark ride of 2013 here is a image from Orlando United user Bjcool
iyvuGaad47thP.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I hear Transformers lacks the immersive physical theming that Spiderman does? If that's the case then, I suspect, I'll prefer Spiderman. Screen-based rides annoy me. I can watch films at home, I can watch 3D films at home, why would I want to pay extortionate amounts of money to watch 3D films at a theme park? I don't. I want immersion. I want something with depth, something that feels real, something awesome.

nadroJ

CF Legend

To be fair to Transformers, despite it mostly being screens, it felt reallyyyyy immersive, but yh it doesn't have the physical sets that you find in Spiderman, but I don't think it was too noticeable.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Joey said:
I hear Transformers lacks the immersive physical theming that Spiderman does? If that's the case then, I suspect, I'll prefer Spiderman. Screen-based rides annoy me. I can watch films at home, I can watch 3D films at home, why would I want to pay extortionate amounts of money to watch 3D films at a theme park? I don't. I want immersion. I want something with depth, something that feels real, something awesome.

I think the biggest difference between Spiderman and Transformers is that in the middle of the ride there is quite a lengthy sequence of 3 curved screens, back to back. The bits in between the screens are cleverly themed to bridge the gap.

But otherwhise, in terms of real sets there's a bit in a subway tunnel, another bit where a hole gets blasted in the wall (Similar to that pumpkin explosion in Spiderman), a bit in a construction site, and of course the start and end bits in the military base.

The one cool thing is that they use rear projection, so there is theming in front of the screens.

Gazza

Giga Poster

In that shot in the corner of the building you can clearly see the double height curved screen that forms one of the four lift shafts.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That fits so well just there, integrates perfectly, you'd never notice it ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Surely they're going to put some sort of facade on it though. Obviously it looks horrible now, but I can't imagine them just leaving it like that.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My ;) disappeared. I assumed the same Gavin and was being sarcastic - though it still works even if they don't cover it up! Win/win sarcasm :)

Lofty

CF Legend
They will cover it up in some way, they may not actually put a facade on the full building, but they'll certainly paint it, or even add effects to the building, like burns, scrapes, the NEST logo etc.

cookie

Giga Poster
They're surely not going to dress the building the same way they did in Hollywood? That was just awful.

peep

CF Legend
^I've read on one of the fan sites that this is meant to be getting a better exterior so one would assume that at least one side is going to get quite a lot of theming added to it.

Gazza

Giga Poster
TPR have posted a Universal update, with pics of the ride exterior.

uni_feb_2013_62.jpg

thumb_uni_feb_2013_68.jpg

What do I think?

35227428.jpg

Anyone spot the barcode on the outside of the building :roll: