• Stealth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • TTD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
:/

Without trying to sound like a fanboy....

Stealth.

Why? Well. To be honest, it's not all that fair of a vote. All be it, i havn't ridden TTD... i doubt i ever will. But i never had much of an interest in TTD before the rumours of Stealth sprang. A 400ft coaster, eh? Whoopdidoo. I have no fear, what so ever, of heights. Views impress me, yes, but if i want stunning views i'll go to a tourist tower. The idea of a coaster being that high simply doesn't, in the slightest, interest me. Now, if we're talking about your regular lifthill coaster, height has a slightly larger impact on my opinion of things. Higher drops equals more speed! But now we're in a day where launch coasters can quickly acheive a more intense sensation of speed and an illusion of top speed despite even being slow. Yes, TTD thrusts riders forward now only at a high acceleration but at an impressivly high top speed... but then it dissopoints my interest. It goes up... looses it's speed almost instantly in it's climb before plumiting back down to earth. *claps* Oh wow, just... just wow.

So, okay, when i heard about Stealth i was excited for one reason. It's my homepark. And after riding Rita and experiancing the thrill of intense launched coasters, i was excited that i was getting a nice one-trick pony, with a big trick, at my homepark. That's all this really boils down too. My home park.

I'd laugh at Stealth if it was ANYWHERE else. Admittedly.

But theres also a few other things influancing my opinion here...

One of them is TTD's aceleration speed. Okay, so it's not a lot lower than Stealths, but it is lower by fact. It's top speed is huge, but if you really think that you can truly notice and compare top speeds then you're an idiot. By aceleration only do we feel speed. 0-80 and 0-120 at the same duration would result in the higher speed feeling quicker... lower the acel slightly on the higher top speed and i recon they'd feel the same, drop it a little more and the slower top speed will feel faster. You could be traveling at a zillion miles per second, but if you gradually got to that speed (looolz, and could magically cope with the forces!) over years (okay more like a centuary!) then you wouldn't bloody notice.

The other thing is the length of the launch tracks. Stealth's is shorter. Why does this matter? Because Rita's is shorter and Rita, despite having slower aceleration and a slower top speed, feels more intense than Stealth on the launch. Rita's is incredably intense, Stealth's is more draw out and.. well... drawn out, with a kind of graaaadual - BLAST! thing going on. Rita just thrusts to top speed in an instant. The launch is over in what feels like a split second! Now - that's influancing my firm belief that any launch track longer than Stealth's needs to be SIGNIFICENTLY faster in aceleration to even think about having a better launch in terms of intensity. But i supose it's quite possible that the launches on KK and TTD could just have a completely different experiance due to their long launch tracks. Though, i dobut it.

Then theres theming... oh dear. Well, TTD looks nice, i'll give it that. It's an impressive theme for a US park - i guess..... Adn it's colour scheme works, is eye catching, and ..just quite stunning. But after the removal of those hot backs to the trains it really offers nothing. I loved the theme of Amity Cove before Stealth, and Stealth has given the music, the atmosphere and the happy feel of 1950's California (even despite the Tidal Wave...) a new lease of life. I was shocked just how atmopspheric the area around Stealth is. The buildings are themed well, as are the rusted supports and seating walls. It's not oiutstanding on Tussauds standards, but it's darn good for a recent project. Especially considering Rita's crap.

Stealth wins it. It just does. Of course my opinion may be different if i had bloody ridden TTD... That's why i'm not actually going to vote. I'm just going to state why i think Stealth is the better ride.

Granted, within the first second you are going about 1.8 mph faster on Stealth, but within the matter of the next second (2 seconds total), you'll be going 60 mph on TTD, a lot faster than on Stealth where you'd be going 39.75 mph.
Stealth's launch track is shorter. They take near enough the same speed to cover the track, with TTD slightly lagging, but on Stealth the launch will have the illusion of being much faster...

As with Rita.

I don't udnerstand Ben's reaction in this topic.

Ben, if you think Rita is better than Stealth... than TTD will only be worse.

A

Anonymous

TBH joey, i felt that stealths launch was more intense than rita's.

I loved rita's launch, every millisecond of it. Twas great getting on the front row and seeing the trees rush towards you.

But stealth was 20mph quicker in the same amount of time, and i had a nice square peice of track rushing towards me, and i knew i was going up it. Plus, i love the recording on stealth. *drools*

Now, I would prefer to ride TTD as i pointed out earler, but not a great deal more than i did stealth. Because i know that if i went to CP [not that likley soon] then i might get one, maybe two rides on the beast that is Top Thrill Dragster. But with sealth being brilliantly themed, a sort of cheap immitation, and the fact that nathan operates the ride. Oh yeah, and the fact its 1 hour away from me, stealth was such an exciting build up.

TTD would be one hell of an experience to ride, and answering the polls question. What ride would you prefer to ride, then One ride on TTD would be better then one ride on stealth anyday IMO. But on the whole, im glad we have the smaller, less speedy and 75% less queue time ride that is Stealth.

Snoo

The Legend
Then theres theming... oh dear. Well, TTD looks nice, i'll give it that. It's an impressive theme for a US park - i guess..... Adn it's colour scheme works, is eye catching, and ..just quite stunning. But after the removal of those hot backs to the trains it really offers nothing.

Actually, TTD's theme fits perfectly into what CP was trying to imitate. Your sitting in a car, waiting to launch, infront of stands filled with screaming fans, and you launch to a "Christmas Tree" light stand. You then rocket to amazing speeds towards the finish line. Perfect.

http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=a&d=us&s=a&c=p& ... pomona.gif
The Real Thing

http://www.thepointol.com/cgi-bin/schla ... ter066.jpg
TTD

The resemblence is amazing. Myself actually seeing a real Top Fuel Dragster race, I can say the feelings are quite similar. I always wanted to jump into those cars and race at 320mph. I guess you have to be exposed to American culture a little bit to understand what a Top Fuel Dragster truely is.

TP wanted to imitate 50's Cali (why the hell Cali? Screw Cali) and they did it amazingly.

Now, you never being there, you don't know the true atmosphere surrounding TTD. So saying "theres nothing besides the cool trains" means absolutley nothing.

A

Anonymous

TTD or Stealth?

Not as easy as you may think...

I have been lucky enough to ride both & even though Im probably going to go with TTD, thats purely based on the launch speed & probably because it was the first of the Accelerator coasters I've been on.

So TTD it is.

But... let me say this to anyone in the UK who feels cheated as TTD is so far away - Stealth is awesome!

OK so its not as fast or as high but what it does have over TTD & KK is that the elements are so tightly packed together, launch, drop & bunny, that its in many ways a more extreme ride than its taller cousins.

I thought I would find the ride a disappointment, far from it, I've been on around a dozen times & each time Stealth takes my breath away & leaves me grinning ear to ear.