What's new

Trip plans for 2013

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
TheCoasterCruiser said:
My friend and I have decided to not go on any trips this year except for some danish coaster openings, as we want to go on a big US tour in 2014! - I'm really excited about it and it's gonna be our very first visit to the US.

I'm so pathetic haha!

Of course we couldn't help put together a little trip as an extension to our visit to Faarup Sommerland :--D
So here goes:

Fårup Sommerland
Schloss Beck
Movie Park Germany
Efteling
Toverland
Phantasialand

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm going to Moscow and St Petersburg in May. I'm not even sure if any of the parks are open then - I still need to look into it - but with any luck I'll nab a few creds while I'm there.

Other than that possibility, I really don't have any park plans at the moment. I'm going to bunch of Balkan countries in a couple of weeks, but won't be riding any coasters there since they don't have any.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was in Honduras last month, but they only have two water parks, without a coaster to be found anywhere in the country. :(
At least I was able to spend some time in Orlando and Tampa after I returned since I flew to/from Honduras out of Miami.
On Monday I hit the road to Silver Dollar City for next Wednesday's Outlaw Run media day. I'll be staying there throughout the week in order to make sure we get plenty of footage of the coaster and to see how the GP reacts to it on Friday - the park's Opening Day.
The week after I return from Silver Dollar City it's off to Mexico City & Guadalajara to hit up all the parks in down there.
The month of May will be all about the new U.S. coaster openings including Gatekeeper (hopefully as part of a CF-Live) and riding Batman in Reverse at Six Flags Great America. After that will be Iron Rattler, Full Throttle, Gold Striker, Undertow and Hades 360 (depending on when each coaster opens).
Ian from CoasterForce will be arriving Stateside in June and we'll be hitting the road for a couple of weeks on a massive park run to Texas and back. Then I'll be heading back down to Orlando to check out the new Fun Spot America credz.
In July I'm flying to the UK to check out Swarm's reverse seats and some new coaster at Alton Towers that everyone's on about. :p
I'm also planning on going to Spain, Holland, Belgium, France and Germany in July before heading off to Sweden and Finland for the CF-Live.
After that it all depends on if we have the Silver Dollar City/Texas CF-Live in August or not. I'm also planning a trip along the Jersey Shore to see how everything is doing the summer after Hurricane Sandy hit.
In September it's off to Costa Rica to get the credz there.
So that's it through the summer. I still haven't decided what I want to do once school starts back up and Halloween rolls around.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
-Get to Waterville USA in Gulf Shores, Alabama sometime here in March.
-Do my East Tennessee trip in late May to early June which includes Dollywood, Lake Winnie, and NASCAR Speedpark.
-Go back to Waterville USA with the water park opened.
-Do Silver Dollar City and Worlds of Fun sometime this year (Mom is trying to keep it a surprise what time we go this year)
-Win a drawing and go to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi to ride Formula Rossa.

That's all. Wish I could add Carowinds on to my East Tennessee trip. :(

Rach

Giga Poster
^^^ Jealous. That does sound fantastic! Particularly the European and American road trips! [/jealousy]

For me, I've already done Disney Paris last month which was good albeit a bit chilly.
Will be heading to Thorpe open day and then Alton sometime in the early stages of April to renew my AP.

Doing the Madrid parks in May. And then Finland is set for August.

Trying to plan a trip to Germany which I've planned 3 times now and all times have fell through. So going to leave that one until Halloween I think.
Hoping to do a trip to America sometime this year. And looking for something to do for my 21st at the end of September!

See what else the year brings really. :)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Alton Towers at some point late in the season so as to make sure there's no first season issues with Smiler, and that we miss school and summer holidays.

Also hopefully Port Aventura towards the end of September if I can scrape enough money together for my birthday.

Might consider a Flamingo Land visit if I can justify the drive.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I am going to Europe :--D . I am going to either Alton or Thorpe. That is mainly my summer. I am planning on maybe going to Silver Dollar City and Six Flags St Louis. If we go to New York, I'll try to go to Hershey Park or maybe Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce. We might also go to Chicago so Great America. I might head back to Georgia because of how close it is.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I also hope to get to Knoebels.
Was 11 when I went last and I couldn't enjoy Phoenix since I was a small kid and thought I was actually gunna fly out and die.
And clinging to irrational hope flying turns will open.

Clementon Park, only since its in NJ and I've never been on Hellcat though it's apparently trimmed now...

If I need to get out to Western PA then Kennywood and Waldameer for sure. Grand plans for 2013!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Tragic Mountain in mid-May
Disney Cruise from LA to Vancouver, BC
Cali Great America and Discovery Kingdom during a 2-day stop in San Fran.

Fuji-Q in August, and maybe Tokyo Disney Resort, during a visit to the in-laws.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Wow...I cant believe I forgot something.

Magic Mountain in 3 weeks. Yay on FINALLY getting to another Six Flags park within a 5 year span!

So....is it busy in april, on sindays?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Not at all, you should be fine. Just get there at opening, first hour and a half you can almost get everything. Just go straight to the back of the park, wait for Tatsu and X2 until later in the day.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Intricks said:
Wow...I cant believe I forgot something.

Magic Mountain in 3 weeks. Yay on FINALLY getting to another Six Flags park within a 5 year span!

So....is it busy in april, on sindays?
Last year I made it twice in April on the weekends. Crowd size was normal - enough to get in all the rides and an important re-ride or two. X2 at night should be a MUST!

benderboy

Roller Poster
Looks like in addition to my several trips to Silver dollar City this year as well as hitting Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America, I will be heading down to Dollywood next month as a extra bonus, looking forward to seeing that park again.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Talked to my dad about our trip to Mississippi to visit my grandfather. Turns out were going to be hitting Coney Island on the way down so I'm going to snag all the creds there.