What's new

Trip plans for 2013

Martyn B

CF Legend
Before you say anything, I know there is the other thread in the planning section, but that is about one guy getting some advice for his plans, as appose to us all discussing what we intend on doing (and this then saves his thread from being taken over).

2013 for me is going to be very quiet compared to last year. I think I might concentrate on getting to some more UK parks this year, I've fell behind over the last few years.

Obviously Alton is on the cards, and I'm thinking about Drayton, Mingo and even Pleasure Island!

Port Aventura is also possible, as well as some Dutch parks. But it's all up in the air at the moment.

nadroJ

CF Legend
2013 I really want to do Weiner Prater, Madrid parks and would like to do either a long weekend of French or Dutch creds.

I've also made a plan for a week long trip starting at Dollywood and ending at Worlds of Fun, but I'll have to see how my bank balance looks.

Oh and I'm going to Orlando some time in July.

* nadroJ, marc & gavin - I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to move your posts from bmac's trip planning topic to this one. :wink: - ECG

marc

CF Legend
^Same as you really, I want to do the Madrid parks plus that other one miles away. With flights from Southend it should be easier next year but depends on money.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I have absolutely no real idea at the moment.

I still need to get the credz at PDA Madrid since they closed EVERYTHING last time I was there, plus there's one more now anyway, so a weekend trip to Madrid could be in the cards. I wouldn't normally want to go to a place like that just for a cred run, but I stayed there for a week last time, so I've seen and done the whole city already really. I could do with getting Terra Mitica done at some point as well, so thinking about it, maybe a Madrid/Benidorm trip over a half term week could work, maybe finish at PA to get Shambahla. Actually, that sounds like a right plan!

I need to get to Tusenfryd, and have been saying that for ages now. It's just a shame that Norway is so **** ing expensive (apart from the flights) and Olso looks like a total s**t hole. I guess you never really know until you try though.

Otherwise, the only "major" European park I haven't been to is that Movie Park/World place in Germany. I want to see more of Germany anyway, so I could tie that in with something else and maybe get a couple of smaller parks as well.

I might finally drag my arse over to Fantasy Island next year, but if I'm honest, I'm less than enthusiastic about bothering. If anyone else needs to go though, I could be tempted...

marc

CF Legend
Also want to goto holland and the USA.

Might give the UK a miss this year in order to go to Europe. Apart from gf that is.

Why do we have such an expensive hobby.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Your 2013 Plans

Current plans that are in the works for me.

March would be Dollywood and Busch Gardens Europe. If Kings Dominion is open I may hit there as well.

May would be Darien Lake and Canadas Wonderland for one, and Cedar Point as a seperate trip.

Holiwood Nights for sure

June would be my Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney, Hershey (so long as Skyrush is open), amd Six Flags America.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Re: Your 2013 Plans

I will visit PA and Tibidabo for sure and I might also try to hit Terra Mítica for Inferno and Madrid parks to upgrade my count with their new creds since I last went back in like 2008 (Correcaminos, Vertigo, TNT).

If I end up working at WDW in summer, I will hit all the Orlando parks and quite possibly some other big American parks before heading back to Europe. Otherwise, I am thinking of going back to the UK for some catching up with British creds (The Swarm, Saw, Thirteen, SW7) and do some new parks like Flamingoland, Drayton Manor and do Lightwater once again for the sake of The Ultimate and the top scan...

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
I might finally drag my arse over to Fantasy Island next year, but if I'm honest, I'm less than enthusiastic about bothering. If anyone else needs to go though, I could be tempted...

I still need to go <3

I'm going to Florida in March.

That'll probably be about it, except hopefully the United Arab Emirates creds.

Another quiet year. Meh.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

My whole family is going on a road trip to Cedar Point. We will probably also do a couple parks that are on the way there and the way back. My cousin who is in charge of the trip hasn't decided on any other parks yet other than Cedar Point. We are coming from CT/RI and it will be the 21st to the 27th of July. The main park I was trying to push across was Knoebels but she told me that I80 is the most direct route but if there are better parks along I90 we could go that way. While in Ohio she mentioned on doing things like a baseball game and the Rock and Roll HOF. If anyone has any advice on the best parks to go to between Connecticut and Ohio that will help break up the trip it will be greatly appreciated. :)

Jer

Strata Poster
As of now my plans are pretty dry, I'm not getting a season pass for Gadv because they aren't adding thing worth my interest. I want to make it to Knoebels at least once because I love that place. As Well i'm talking Youngster Joey about a Trip, don't know if it will happen, be we would end up going to Darien Lake, Martin's Fantasy Island, Seabreeze, Waldameer, the either Kings Island and Cedar Point, or Canadas Wonderland.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Maybe a Barcelona trip in late April/early May would go...
Otherwise, I don't make plans for distant future...

Smithy

Strata Poster
I actually went into the other topic expecting it to be what this one is for lul.

Not too sure yet, I'm tempted to encorporate a holiday abroad with some theme park stuff, all this Shambhalalalala sex noises talk has really got me thinking about PA again as last time I was spited by Baco too. May consider pricing up a week in Salou as can tie in PA, Barcelona and a trip to the Nou Camp. Other than that, hopefully get to Alton at some point

BBH

Giga Poster
I'll be heading down to Cedar Point probably in July, maybe Lake Compounce in late August to get Boulder Dash.

njn63

Mega Poster
I'm looking at going to Cedar Point and Kings Island early in the summer depending on my girlfriend's job situation. Maybe one of the Six Flags in Texas (depending on what is open) while I'm there for the F1 race.

And of course Six Flags Great America way too much.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
In addition to the usual handful of trips to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion, I might try to swing a trip to Texas if I can afford it, and perhaps another foray into Pennsylvania as well. At the very least, I'll probably end up hitting Six Flags America (JOY!) at some point this year. It's relatively close by and has a decent amount of unearned creds.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Intricks said:
Current plans that are in the works for me.

March would be Dollywood and Busch Gardens Europe. If Kings Dominion is open I may hit there as well.

May would be Darien Lake and Canadas Wonderland for one, and Cedar Point as a seperate trip.

Holiwood Nights for sure

June would be my Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney, Hershey (so long as Skyrush is open), amd Six Flags America.

Why do you want to go to Darien lake? also have you been to Martin's Fantasy Island?

As for my own plans, I hope Jer and I can pull of that trip but aside from that I'd really like to get to SDC and The Texas Parks this sesason.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Two reasons, I believe it is on the wat from where I live, and I have never been.

I live in Northeast Ohio, and with my going outside the US for an Amusement Park based reason Im kinda unsure of the parks along the way. No clue where Martins Fantasy place is, but I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^MFI is on the from Darien Lake to CW. It's on Grand Island. I live an hour east of Buffalo so I know the area pretty well. It's about a 30-45 minutes drive from Darien lake towards Toronto. 45 minutes past Darien Lake to the East is also Seabreeze if you want a small park with a classic feel.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Thats good to know. Will look into cost and how my days off will work with those possibly added in.
Im certain I can do DL, Seabreeze and MFI all in a dayish, right?

Thanks!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
Thats good to know. Will look into cost and how my days off will work with those possibly added in.
Im certain I can do DL, Seabreeze and MFI all in a dayish, right?

Thanks!

Well at Seabreeze your longest wait for a cred will likely be the Bobsleds due to its LOW capacity Even then you shouldn't be waiting more than 25 minutes with a the other creds being 15 minutes at maximum. I'd also highly recommend the log flume if you have the time and it's not to cold. Darien lake your longest wait will likely be the Ride of Steel but that's only if it's open. (I've only been once while it was open) Other than that again Likely 25 minutes max for the creds. I haven't been to MFI but it's only 2 creds so it' can't take that long. I've heard the employees are obnoxious though.