What's new

TR:USofA: KD,BGW,KW,Wald,CP,HP,DP,SFGAdv and a Space Shuttle

davidm

Strata Poster
So this is what I did yesterday;

8839296105_44ba8a0667_n.jpg

(and I rolled the hire car into a brand new car before I had even left the hire car lot, but we'll not talk so much about that. Muppet)

More to come... :)

davidm

Strata Poster
Re: TR:USofA

Sorry that this TR will be rather rubbish for a while (since I am concentrating on the T rather than the R)...

...but here is yesterday's (26/5) snaps;

:)

davidm

Strata Poster

I think it will spoil the story if I tell you where I am going...? :wink:

Anyway today (27/5) was a "theme park" of an entirely different type (and should be the only "culture" on this trip)...

8859521860_0c4f1d3965.jpg

No prizes for working out where I am tomorrow.

Hutch

Strata Poster

I took my first trip Colonial Willaimsburg back in March. I thought I was really cool and interesting. You have to have at least one conservastion with someone there and play along! The only problem during my trip was that it was absolutely freezing!

And I think I have an idea where you're gonna go next...

davidm

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Historic Williamsburg was a blast when I was there. Did you enjoy it?
Yeah it was OK. Bit (more) fake than it was pretending to be, but since the US doesn't have that much history ( :wink: ) was at least a bit interesting. No rides though. :(

Last time I was in these parts (9 years ago) I drove past it and thought "if I ever come back hereabouts I'll go and have a look at that", so thats what I did in preference to a Memorial-day day at BGW!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I really need to actually do the silly fake stuff at willyburg.

You get the cred at go karts plus?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: TR:USofA

Best part of Williamsburg has to be when the actors see cell phones and act stupid. Or anything technology related or non time oriented thing. I did the whole williamsburg/jamestown/yorktown thing, and it really was worth it. 2 days probably gets it all done but we took 3.

Love Williamsburg, can't wait to go back and actually go to BGW. Yankee Candle store <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: TR:USofA

tomahawKSU said:
Best part of Williamsburg has to be when the actors see cell phones and act stupid. Or anything technology related or non time oriented thing.

The word you're looking for is "anachronistic", but I do like "non time oriented thing" as a term :lol:

I'm very interested in seeing your views on these parks Dave. Firstly, I have a lot of respect for your opinion, and secondly, you're not part of a "group", so there's no bias from others. Particularly Kings Dominion, but also current thoughts on BGW and Verbolten :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

OMG THE YANKEE CANDLE STORE. <3 YES.

IT'S NOT JUST A CANDLE SHOP, ITS AN EXPERIENCE!

davidm

Strata Poster

Candle Shops?????

Come on guys are you coaster-nerds or home-furnishing fans????

--

Anyway, rather predictably today I have mostly been doing this;

Bit of drive tomorrow, so probably nothing interesting to say for a little while...

(and no, no plan to seek out FECs and the like; I have (some) standards... although I did +1 the Grover ride at BGW today to my shame)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Yankee Candle isn't a candle store. I dropped over $100 there easily. It's truly amazing. THEY HAVE A BACON CANDLE!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Id argue the relevance of the candle place on the basis of it being themed, having animatronics and such.

What did you think of v-bolt?

davidm

Strata Poster

Its a candle shop ; just let it go man...

--

Verbolten was OK ; only OK though - thought it was very Disney-ride like actually, sorta reminded me of Exp.Everest in a funny way; lots of themeing, multiple trains (all 5- but they were struggling with the operations a bit) and an OK ride that had its moments (the launches and the last river drop) but ultimately was all a bit style-over-substance. Its better than Nessie but not a patch on any of the B&Ms there.

davidm

Strata Poster

Th13teen's is better. Thought Verboltens was shorter and more laboured.

--

As promised today was spent driving, so nothing much to say...

But I did nip in here at the end of the day;

8884870958_a4248c028d.jpg

Here be zombies?

8884245621_e2d3d2cc0b.jpg

(and from that, you should be able to work out where I am tomorrow)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Please tell me they have the proper muzak playing...