• Corkscrew

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Dare I say Mantis aint bad?

Riddlers Revenge, Green Lantern, or Georgia Scorcher can also be aweful rides if ridden improperly.

Hutch

Strata Poster
So what's the best way to ride a standup? I'm up for anything that improves a ride experience on a standup.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sanchezmran said:
So what's the best way to ride a standup? I'm up for anything that improves a ride experience on a standup.
You want there to be a little bend in your knees, instead of having your body overextended. This allows for more of your weight to be supported by your feet, instead of the train seat.

When they are setting the restraints, leaving a bend in your knees, enough that it will not be noticed by the ride staff who are fitting the restraints. When the restraints lock, push your restraint down, not up. This allows for you to bend your knees and support more of your own weight. In general, the uncomfortableness of stand-ups is rooted in riders allowing too much of their weight to be supported by the ride seat. The more of it you transfer to natural standing, the better.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't been on Gatekeeper, so this is based on what I've actually ridden.

1. Top Thrill Dragster
2. Millenium Force
3. Magnum XL200
4. Maverick
5. Mantis - not as bad as people make out

Then the rest are ****.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Millennium Force
4. Magnum XL 200
5. Mantis (Nobody rides stand up's correctly but me)
6. GateKeeper
7. Blue Streak
8. Wicked Twister
9. Raptor
10. Gemini (Red)

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
My top

1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Gatekeeper

Maverick has everything, launch, beyond vertical drop, speed, airtime, inversions, low to ground, what doesn't it have. Millennium force just banks the whole time with a small amount of hills and not the strongest airtime. Gatekeeper feels like catchup no matter where you sit. Top Thrill Dragster has a great launch that I could ride over and over.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Now that I've been.

1. Millennium Force
2. Gatekeeper
3. TTD
4. Maverick
5. Raptor
6. Iron Dragon
7. Gemini Blue
8. Gemini Red
9. Mean Streak
10. Cedar Creek Mine Ride
11. Magnum XL 200
12. Woodstock Express
13. Corkscrew
14. Mantis
15. Blue Streak

jolash

Mega Poster
1. Top Thrill
2. Maverick
3. Raptor

Maverick used to hold the top spot but after my last visit, I really didn't appreciate the abuse the ride gave me. The solid airtime on it is still worth it though.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster would almost be a sure thing. As the the third, I went with Gemini over Maverick because I like the uniqueness of the steel rails over the wooden structure. I would expect Magnum, Wicked Twister, and Raptor to get some votes as well.

I haven't ridden GateKeeper or X-Flight yet. I was in the area, so I decided to give Wild Eagle some chances. No one is a bigger fan of B&M, but I will have to say that I like some other syles of coasters better (hypers, inverts, floorless loopers, dive machines). Since I only have a one ride sample size I may be wrong, but I think that there is room for improvement.
I am not sure if I would want all of them to be like X2, but I would like to see the seats tilt some. This is all just food for thought.

jolash

Mega Poster
theRock-steel said:
Since I only have a one ride sample size I may be wrong, but I think that there is room for improvement.

I was just talking to a buddy about this yesterday. I kinda feel like once you've ridden one, you've ridden them all.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I went to CP in 2011, so I haven't been on Gatekeeper...and I didn't get to go on TTD either :(
So not counting those two rides:

1. Millennium Force
2. Magnum XL-200
3. Raptor
4. Maverick
5. Mean Streak
6. Wicked Twister
7. Gemini
8. Mantis
Not sure how to order the last few...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Millennium
2. Maverick
3. Top Thrill Dragster
4. GateKeeper
5. Raptor
6. Blue Streak
7. Iron Dragon
8. Magnum XL-200
9. Wicked Twister
10. Gemini
11. Mean Streak
12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride
13. Corkscrew
14. Woodstock Express
15. Junior Gemini
16. Mantis

That's just me, though...

Taxi

Mega Poster
Millennium Force
Raptor
Maverick
Top Thrill Dragster
GateKeeper
Magnum XL-200
Blue Streak
Wicked Twister
Gemini
Mantis

Everything else just mixes together into "meh".

gavin said:
I haven't been on Gatekeeper, so this is based on what I've actually ridden.

1. Top Thrill Dragster
2. Millenium Force
3. Magnum XL200
4. Maverick
5. Mantis - not as bad as people make out

Then the rest are ****.

I agree. The only "bad" thing I can say about Mantis is the restraints. Which is why I'm glad the second half is slower because those transitions were brutal at high speed (especially the one between the Inclined loop and MCBR, that was awfully painful). :x