What's new

"Thunder Child" (Download - Page 3).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LISTEN UP!

I don't mind a bit of banta' every now and again, this is fine, but it's on the line. Do not provoke Xpress any further. If you do, your posts will be deleted.

If Xpress replies to either Tom of Leighton in an argumentative way then I'll just delete your posts. Simple. It was funny to read in the other topic, lets not ruin Ash's topic now.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know I'm sounding like a bitch, but it's just getting silly now.

Ash - your ride is looking nice, I'm looking forward to the release. Sorry I had to post this.
;)

Leighton

Mega Poster
Hixee said:
LISTEN UP!

I don't mind a bit of banta' every now and again, this is fine, but it's on the line. Do not provoke Xpress any further. If you do, your posts will be deleted.

If Xpress replies to either Tom of Leighton in an argumentative way then I'll just delete your posts. Simple. It was funny to read in the other topic, lets not ruin Ash's topic now.

I was posting some constructive criticism based on the pictures I have seen of the coaster, which would make the coaster true to an original dive machine, and mechanically sound.

I didn't post it in a way to prevoke Xpress, I thought you knew me better than that Matt.

Obviously not.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'm sure. ;)

As for the ride...

Good Points
-the layout was nice and twisty
-the pacing was nice
-the support work was good
-I really liked the colours

Bad Points
-I did notice a few jerks and bumps throughout the track that I thought you might have been able to get rid of
-the forces were miles off. I got several lateral red-spikes and several vertical ride-spikes too. If this ride doesn't work with the narrow trains it's not going to work with the wider DM trains.
-I think some of the transistions were a bit too snappy. I know Furius Baco has snappy tranisitions and it has wide trains, but none of the DM have very sharp transitions. I'm just not sure the trains, or the outside riders, could take it.

Overall, not a bad ride, but certainly not one of your best. I was actually a little bit disappointed to be honest. I seems like you lost sight of what a DM should be like. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's not great.

Sorry to have to be evil like this, but I really think you've got this one wrong.

Anyway - 5/10.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I agree with Hixee; layout, colours, supports were great etc. but there were quite a few jerks and the g's were wild. Also, surely there should be enough space in your final break runs to hold the trains instead of having them on the MCBR at the start. The transitions into the drops seemed a little too steep and it didn't stop enough at the top of the first drop in my opinion. I liked it as a whole but there's little things what need to be changed, which can easily be changed like the turn into the station. Overall, 7/10.