What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think the station is a church because that is the building that the Swarm happened to use as their 'base'. Or at least that's what I've heard...

In a nutshell, I think the story is that the aliens are attacking the world, and have taken over a church at Thorpe Park. There is a man called Les Cougan, and everyone who has been taken by the Swarm changes, and thinks that they are Les Cougan. I think that is how it goes!

davidm

Strata Poster
Just a few snaps from the Friends&Family day yesterday...

FWIW*, I really liked the ride - super smooth, fast enough, real good fun

And the whole area is some top-notch theming and stuff.

* - 'cos seriously, some opinon on t'internet ain't gonna make you like or unlike the ride.

Onto the snaps then;

Waiting around outside the park for my friends with the tickets to arrive;

SWARM-1

Looks good as you approach it then;

SWARM-2

I liked the station fly-over bit (both on ride and off ride);

SWARM-3

And the themeing on the control box was just great!

SWARM-4

Its a very quiet ride (themed sound effects apart)

SWARM-5

And I didn't realise there was a little manta-like splash thingy... it was a bit hard to see to be honest but it was working.

SWARM-6

And the near-misses are good;

SWARM-7

SWARM-8

SWARM-9

Instead of closing the park at 4pm, they did a evactuation drill at 4pm - fair enough really.
Now everybody wave at the nice random girl waving to you in the picture.

SWARM-10

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
I think the station is a church because that is the building that the Swarm happened to use as their 'base'. Or at least that's what I've heard...

In a nutshell, I think the story is that the aliens are attacking the world, and have taken over a church at Thorpe Park. There is a man called Les Cougan, and everyone who has been taken by the Swarm changes, and thinks that they are Les Cougan. I think that is how it goes!
Lez Cougan hasn't been attacked by the swarm, he is the guy who is telling people to run away. The story is, war between aliens and humans, you don't ride the swarm, it gets you.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Well... not exactly

A report from a guy who has actually been on it said:
The vicar, Lez Cougan becomes brainwashed my the alien race that is The Swarm, and starts a following, with more and more people identifying themselves to be Lez Cougan. Soon, The Swarm launch an attack on the human race, starting at a church located at Thorpe Park, using it as their base, and the vicar as a human communicant. However, some people who have survived the assault, but were not fully 'converted' by The Swarm turn crazy, and warn people that aliens are invaded and so forth, and those are the Lez Cougans were encountered last year.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I like the overall effect of the theming in the area, the sound effects and the actors and such, very cool. I just can't help noticing how exposed the whole island feels though? I know it's obviously right out of their budget, but if this is meant to be themed to a small English town I feel there should have been some more buildings, just to give the whole area a little more authenticity.

Also, they REALLY need to sort out their fences, I feel they really let down the area. Everything looks very cool and then there's these cheap fences plonked in the middle of it. I don't know, just cheapens an otherwise pretty great looking area.

I think the people who had doubts about such things as the vehicles, ride effects etc have been pleasantly surprised, good effort overall.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think the people who had doubts about such things as the vehicles......have been pleasantly surprised, good effort overall.

I dont know, I'm yet to see a photo of these over turned vehicles!

marc

CF Legend
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Thanks David for the report and photos, seeing how much you have travelled I trust your views.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I personly think this is the best themed ride in the UK.
I also love the noice of The Swarm as it goes Under the plane, great little hidden affect.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nemesis easily. Then there's a few rides there or there abouts. If he'd have said just coasters then it'd be there or there abouts (still think Nemesis trumps it) but rides in general includes all sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.