What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^Okay, it slipped past my radar. However, the user seems to be aware that we know about the coaster, and it seems to be posted in a suitable forum with a decent title. Lots of points for language, though.

I see the topic has been moved and the title changed. Where/what was it originally?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was in General Discussions under "thoughts on swarm". :D

Martyn B said:
Is this officially the biggest construction thread ever on CF?
I don't know, I don't remember the Stealth topic. One of the older guys might remember what that got too. I reckon Alton's new one is going to smash this though. ;)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
We can tell you're a twat by what you type.

Anybody with more than one brain cell would be able to tell that you are a (the word begins with c and ends with unt) by what you type. Hope you burn in hell. And I thank goodness I'm not enough of a 'twat' to actually take your infant school playground-style insults seriously. :)

Ah, The Swarm is such a brilliant ride. Just admiring the quality of the theming. Thorpe Park really have done an excellent job once again. :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
^^

Um, putting a smiley face after what you said doesn't make it any better mate. Either you are just a twat, or you have no idea how offensive that word can actually be. I really do hope you weren't being serous, but everything you've said on this page so far has been dumb. And that goes for most of your posts on CF if i'm honest :/

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Strange how you don't kick up a fuss when kimahri says things of this nature. I was interested to see how you'd take it when I said it.

May I ask, are you trying to offend me when you throw childish insults at me? Because while I've got family, friends, a home, and easy access to theme parks, I'm happy, and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change that, whatever you try. :)

And weren't you previously complaining about these pathetic 'discussions' being brought up over and over again? Well, if you're going to complain about them, then for christ's sake don't keep starting them up again. Look up 'hypocrite' in the dictionary.

You don't need to bombard me with petty insults every time I post a relevant comment onto the forum, thank you very much. :)

Smithy

Strata Poster
In all seriousness, why is a 13 year old always posting at 3am on school nights?

Telling you, it's some weird basement dweller who replaces his lack of social life and friendships with giggling over playing stupid and getting into arguments on a rollercoaster enthusiast forum.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, don't make me lock this topic... Oh, actually, that's not a bad idea... ;)

the king

Mega Poster
BACON! That is all. Anyway, does anyone know why the fire effects aren't working? Is it to cold or are they still developing it.

Hurri

Mega Poster
There's what looks like a nozzle for the flame effect on top of the fire engine, I think it'll be added before long. I hope so, anyway.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The fire effects were not commissioned in time. They will be added at a later date.

They will be by/on the fire engine.

2swarmopening.JPG

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Well...I don't really know what to say about this coaster. I have yet to ride it but....

-It's ridiculously similar to Raptor and lets hope Swarm rides as well (From the accounts which have been written so far it seems like it). The theming, the attention to detail, the overhead and interlocking iversions are just great....but instead of an evil "Raptor" creature causing apocalyptic destruction, its a swarm of evil aliens.
-Its perhaps a bit too short...but short and sweet!
-Personally, I don't think it fits into the park too well, although it really blends in with the skyline. I drove past during construction and I saw three distinct "layers". Tidal wave, then Nemesis Inferno, followed by Swarm.

But...I have no doubt the GP will love it! And so will I when I go Thorpe in around a months time.

Is tidal waves fireball effect working again?

TPR has a pretty good report and some pictures:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 3#p1158143

y1oGp.jpg

I love it when new rides are opened....don't you?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I tell ya what though, the marketing team should give themselves a pat on the bat with this. I love them little adverts, and they fir perfectly, not just with the theme, but with the actual coaster design too.

What a difference 2 years can make with Merlin and marketing...

Mark

Strata Poster
I couldnt agree more Martyn, it does seem to be all tied up really well together. I am quite impressed so far and I am more so intrigued to find out for myself what it rides like. I said months back that this has been the first coaster I have really been 'excited' about in a very long time and the marketing has only added to that. Can't wait!

dominoes

Mega Poster
Wow, Swarm is looking really great now! Really love that sound under the wing... Great video CF!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-gU1udfhY&feature=g-all-u&context=G2af1fe1FAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.