What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I'm hoping to see more crumbled buildings and debris around the area as well. Some flickering lampposts and zebra crossings would look brilliant in the area.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

rollermonkey said:
Zebra crossings?

I was thinking that too. :?

I'm loving the construction so far. I don't think I've been this excited about a UK coaster since Air. I'm loving all the theming so far.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

rollermonkey said:
Zebra crossings?

Need and English-American translation? A pedestrian crossing. Or a Ped Xing as american sings say.

Or confused as to why one would look good in the area? I think TP Rich just wants to see a normal town-like things to be destroyed around the area.

dominoes

Mega Poster

^Yes it is a pedestrian crossing. Although, zebra crossing is what I was taught, and I live in England.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

zebra_crossing.jpg

I'm not sure if you have these in America, but one of these tattered and battered in the ride area would look quite neat.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

I really hope they do a bit more with the landscaping aspect. The two plane sections just look plonked TBH.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

^ nah, they're just going to leave it like it is actually... let people wade through the mud to get to the queue line. [/sarcasm]

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

Inverse said:
^ nah, they're just going to leave it like it is actually... let people wade through the mud to get to the queue line. [/sarcasm]

I was making the point that hopefully the UK's first wing rider will have exclusive themeing and a back story.

AJ

Giga Poster

A pedestrian crossing would look **** GASH in this ride area. Gross, it's not Beanoland babez'

Side note:
388659_145048942265182_115673268536083_124581_782058342_n.jpg

Rush is topless again <3

AJ

Giga Poster

Its got a church and several blown up vehicles and a plane. I dont exactly think a pedestrian crossing is gonna fit in babez. shall we shove a blown up tesco in there, too? Yea ok.

Nick

Mega Poster

I really don't think it's as bad an idea as you're making out... If it was really faint on the floor as part of devastated city. It's the sort of thing I can imagine them doing as it's dirt cheap to paint some white lines on some tarmac. Personally I think it would look a tad tacky... babez... <3...</3 and all those other hip things people put at the bottom of their posts these days.

Gazza

Giga Poster

AJ said:
Its got a church and several blown up vehicles and a plane. I dont exactly think a pedestrian crossing is gonna fit in babez. shall we shove a blown up tesco in there, too? Yea ok.
I don't see why its so unreasonable. Imagine a typical precast concrete supermarket, and there could be giant gaping hole in the wall with reinforcing mesh exposed at these holes, and daylight coming in from holes in the roof.
You can look straight in, and see rows of shelving that have toppled like dominoes, aisle by aisle, scattering hundreds of cans, produce etc etc on the floor. Entire sections of roof could simply be caved in and hanging down.
Trollies could be scattered and tipped over in an adjoining area and heavily rusted. The special offers pinboard out the front would have been overtaken by tattered bills, with propoganda about the "end being near", warnings about the swarm invasion etc etc.

I do really like the idea of urban devastation, so there is a certain absurdity about seeing normal day to day things in a satisfyingly messed up state.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I still can't work out if it's a real plane shell, or all mocked up. Really brilliant stuff either way.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

That would have meant looking at every picture all the way through to see :p

AJ

Giga Poster

I still feel as though they need to batter up the tail of the plane, and **** add something to the other side of the wing... IT'S REALLY BUGGING ME. They've gen just cut a plane up and dumped it there <//3

Status
Not open for further replies.