What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've actually heard there aren't any train lights and I can't see any so I don't know what you think are lights.
They look the same as the one's I photographed on Helix to me... Albeit in a different location on the MkII trains...

IMG_3198.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-12 133746.jpg

Maybe they're not though... Not willing to die on that hill... But I can't see what else a lens like that would be.

Edited to add a higher res, closer image....

Screenshot 2024-04-12 134617.jpg

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Aren't they just bolts?
see the better image I just added...

Screenshot 2024-04-12 134617.jpg

Like I said though, Not absolutely sure they're lights, I'd be willing to bet money that they are, but I wouldn't bet my life on it....

(Edited to add, as I forgot... The one circled at the bottom of the first image is a bolt, or something similar, dunno why I circled that, it's completely different to the other 2... But the 2 in the close up definitely don't look like bolts to me? Could be though, always difficult trying to grab detailed images from videos.)

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw the train was 'Hey - it's a Lamborghini' but, being the old man that I am I immediately thought Countach rather than Gallardo.

1000005529.jpg

It's cool. I like it. It's kinda retro, just like the Countach.
Please God let it have lights.

I also rather liked the new take on the theme music, where the rathet generic and mildly irritating vocal is switched out for some solid, powerful brass. Much beefier than what we've had so far, hoping we get much more of this in the ride area.

InvertsAreMyJam

Mega Poster
All that drama just for Hyperia to reveal the trains today…

EDIT: Whoops. I didn’t get a notification so I didn’t realize the link had already been posted.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Surprised at the positive reception of the trains. They look like a sad collaboration between JCB and Lamborghini to me, somehow within the theme of an ancient goddess? Yeah nah. Printed bolts on a playmobil looking zero car isn’t doing it for me. Nice colours tho, and the team who produced the reveal vid smashed it.
Alas, this is the problem with Hyperia. They're sticking a backstory onto a ride where the theming doesn't match. As has been long said, Hyperia didn't need theming or a story, as the ride itself does the job. And it's clear the station building, limited theming, etc matches that. But the park have tried to satisfy the "we want a story" crowd, and created something which is cool in isolation, but doesn't fit in practice.

It's all ultimately inconsequential, but by mixing and matching styles, it does cause a bit of a war against them.

Also, the park have confirmed on their passholder group that there are no lights on train.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Alas, this is the problem with Hyperia. They're sticking a backstory onto a ride where the theming doesn't match. As has been long said, Hyperia didn't need theming or a story, as the ride itself does the job. And it's clear the station building, limited theming, etc matches that. But the park have tried to satisfy the "we want a story" crowd, and created something which is cool in isolation, but doesn't fit in practice.

It's all ultimately inconsequential, but by mixing and matching styles, it does cause a bit of a war against them.

Also, the park have confirmed on their passholder group that there are no lights on train.
Can you shoot me a link to this, as somebody else has said the same, but I only saw their reply saying there was none on the front….

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
View attachment 30730

Admittedly say "this train" could imply the second train does... but that would be weird.
There was also a comment where they specifically said the front doesn't, which was weirdly specific for no reason... And as this post is asking about the spaces at the front again...

Well, I'm ever the optimist.

Seriously, what other significant Macks don't have lights? At this point I'm not even sure it's an option... It would be an absolute travesty.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
There was also a comment where they specifically said the front doesn't, which was weirdly specific for no reason... And as this post is asking about the spaces at the front again...

Well, I'm ever the optimist.

Seriously, what other significant Macks don't have lights? At this point I'm not even sure it's an option... It would be an absolute travesty.

Just a brief look on rcdb suggests to me that:
Steel Taipan
Capitol Bullet Train
DC Rivals
Star Trek

don't have lights, just as some examples (I could be wrong). I also think some of the Blue Fire clones knocking about don't have lights.

I think, simply put, there isn't any AV on the trains.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just a brief look on rcdb suggests to me that:
Steel Taipan
Capitol Bullet Train
DC Rivals
Star Trek

don't have lights, just as some examples (I could be wrong). I also think some of the Blue Fire clones knocking about don't have lights.

I think, simply put, there isn't any AV on the trains.

Well, if they really don't have any lighting at all, then that is quite honestly the stupidest decision they've made with this coaster... Fright Nights is huge for Thorpe Park.

It's such a bad decision that I won't fully believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

There has been an argument made that it could present a hazard for motorists on the motorway. But that says everything you need to know about us as a nation when you consider Liseberg's location and it's proximity to the E6 and 40.

(P.s my sad reaction was to the prospect of no lighting, rather than you or your post. :) )

BBooth2

Roller Poster
The lights from it can't be more of a distraction than modern car lights on the motorway. Feel blind as a bat driving at night these days
Well, if they really don't have any lighting at all, then that is quite honestly the stupidest decision they've made with this coaster... Fright Nights is huge for Thorpe Park.

It's such a bad decision that I won't fully believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

There has been an argument made that it could present a hazard for motorists on the motorway. But that says everything you need to know about us as a nation when you consider Liseberg's location and it's proximity to the E6 and 40.

(P.s my sad reaction was to the prospect of no lighting, rat

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I think the trains are ugly, and that "Hyper Coaster 1" would have been a much more aesthetically suitable name for this coaster. But whatever, I'm not about to lose any sleep over it. Hopefully the ride experience will more than make up for the lack of literally anything else.

INFERNOismybaby

Roller Poster
Trains, trains, trains… I strangely love them! They’re giving “Hyperia is a baddie” vibe with her fearless armour. Now I don’t know if that’s what Thorpe Park were going for but the design gives an armoured, sleek look and it’s obnoxiously bold. I was expecting more a of an angelic “carriage” type train but I cannot complain with what we did get.

spicy

Giga Poster
I dont understand some of the negativity towards them I think they look awesome personally.

Look way better than icons imo.

99763a01afb342ae4193f3ecea974a4f.jpg

c6070af8ffe1ea821774cbd28e43abaa.jpg

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I think the issue is, for me at least, the front of the train is too boxy and honestly the first thing that came to mind in the reveal was Tesla Cybertruck... hardly a flattering compliment! For the theme of a graceful goddess who has learned to soar a much sleeker and pointed nose would fit way more & be aesthetically pleasing. Aerodynamic too! Cutting through the clouds and flying above the island she was trapped on would be far easier like that instead of a bulky rectangle 🤣

I'm still excited for the ride itself and am interested to see what the area looks like fully landscaped though.