What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Blaze said:
Just a thought that no one has picked up on yet.

When you go to the page that image is on, the navigation bar on the side lists thrill rides. Not family rides or anything else the navigation bar can have a list of.

http://www.altontowers.com/2010

They previously marketed themselves to a younger audience with sea life and battle galleons etc, now they probably want to regain the thrill seeker audience by advertising this as a big thrill.

Brookes

Giga Poster
That artwork looks good I think, but I don't think any of that is going to be the proper name, they wouldn't reveal it this early would they anyway.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about werewolves? This can't at least be worse than the rest of the things posted here...
Think of it. It's full moon. What happens to a lycantroph? His inner demon emerges, and he's unwillingly turned into a werewolf. He may fight, but eventually surrenders to the curse. The hand in the promo artwork resembles the transformation.

I bet a fiver (Norwegian) that this will be called Werewolf.

Ollie

CF Legend
I reckon the ride will be called 'Demon' or 'The Demon' and the area will be renamed 'The Dark Forest'.
Both the words DEMON and DARK FOREST are in bold lettering on the artwork so I'm guessing that's the names.
So in other words you riding Demon in the Dark Forest.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
How exciting!! I like the poster. It's well made and actually interests you. Good tagline too!

I'm curious to know what the actual name will be. Why is everyone trying to predict names? Can't we just wait and see? I mean, in the end it will be these predictions that'll leave you feeling disappointed when the real name is revealed... :wink:

Rach

Giga Poster
As promised on TTF, AstroDan uploaded some photos taken from today. We could see the Sky Ride station fitting in with this.

Sw62.jpg

Thanks to AstroDan on TTF for this.

A couple more here - http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... &start=300

Containing my excitement is becoming difficult. This does look fantastic!

spicy

Giga Poster
Looks like the Demon was to blame for the skyride fire.

I like the artwork though looks really good I think! Still no hint to as whats going to be the story though.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Pokemaniac said:
What about werewolves? This can't at least be worse than the rest of the things posted here...
Think of it. It's full moon. What happens to a lycantroph? His inner demon emerges, and he's unwillingly turned into a werewolf. He may fight, but eventually surrenders to the curse. The hand in the promo artwork resembles the transformation.

I bet a fiver (Norwegian) that this will be called Werewolf.

55p according to XE.com.

I agree with you about the Warewolfishness of this all.

andrus

Giga Poster
With the hand sticking up from the ground it rather looks like it'll be themed to a cemetery. Imagine corpses coming out of their graves and chasing you through the the dark forest like zombies. The walking dead of the haunted forest!

NickkyG said:
Blaze said:
Just a thought that no one has picked up on yet.

When you go to the page that image is on, the navigation bar on the side lists thrill rides. Not family rides or anything else the navigation bar can have a list of.

http://www.altontowers.com/2010

They previously marketed themselves to a younger audience with sea life and battle galleons etc, now they probably want to regain the thrill seeker audience by advertising this as a big thrill.
Well, "blade" is listed as a thrill ride on the same list, so I wouldn't be that certain that this ride necessarily will be very thrilling..

marc

CF Legend
^I was going to post that as well with regards to Blade and Enterpise, they are litsed at thrilling and they are not to us. But a 12 year old might enjoy them.

I do not think I have ever been on Blade or Submission tbh :)

marc

CF Legend
So 2 lift hills.

Also looking at the building I dont see enough room for a drop now, the beams in the red building are in the way. It could just be the camera angle making it look like that though.

Thanks for posting the link Rach.

andrus

Giga Poster
marc said:
^I was going to post that as well with regards to Blade and Enterpise, they are litsed at thrilling and they are not to us. But a 12 year old might enjoy them.

I do not think I have ever been on Blade or Submission tbh :)
Submission aint that bad actually. It's like a smaller version of slammer! You get the same feeling but without the massive g-forces and speed, and it's less comfortable as well. ^^ (ok I admit, I would love to see alton swap submission for a sky swat!)

Status
Not open for further replies.