What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Giga Poster
Kimahri said:
I call 220 pages, Mack launched (like blue fire), 5 generic arguments and 1 argument on the colour of it.

I would like some cookies if I'm right.

I'll get baking...

I hope this is a good coaster. Really I do, NO GIMMICKS PLEASE ALTON, just themeing!

A

Anonymous

Is this going to replace the corksrew? i hope so. got alot to live up to

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Slash said:
I hope this is a good coaster. Really I do, NO GIMMICKS PLEASE ALTON, just themeing!

Both instead then?

Unique rides are often a better choice in my opinion, it gives the ride something to pull the punters in to go on it, like the previous SWs, they were all gimmicks (Nemesis only for the UK though) so I would be more suprised if there was no form of gimmick that Alton could play on...

Theming is a must though... Definately...

Slash

Giga Poster
I mean gimmicks like the sort of thing thats just a bit crappy and rubbish (e.g. G Force lift)

Dave

CF Legend
Yeah but your an enthusiast and the park isn't that concerned if you like it or not, you'll still go. A gimmick can hook the GP and get them in they're drones to come to the park.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Wonder if they will include this on Fast pass, or do what they did with Rita and only have it as an add-on for an extra £4. How they think Rita is worth twice as much as Nemesis, Air, Oblivion or the Flume (thicket price is £8, 8/4=2) is beond me.
Same thoughts about YourDay DVD.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Im going with premire for this ride. Like furie said they are the leaders in this kind of coaster with the switchbacks etc.
I cant imagin it to be long till we find out the manufacturer.

I can imagin the effort into themeing is going to be top notch. As long as the ride has a great story to go with the theme.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
I think its goig to be mack, why?
Look at blue fire's trains, then look at the length of the station on this.

I think it looks realy ****....*hopes it has an uphill launch*

-CA

Inverse

Hyper Poster
an uphill launch? When you come out of th station lower than you enter it? Plus can they really say that an uphill lauch is a world first? Stealth's goes upwards, so does Rita's, although less obviously. I'm sure most Intamin accelerators go up a slope.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I thought it was already confirmed to have a chain or cable? I don't want to know what happens in the tunnel, want it to be a surprise, and I hope to God that there is no show or something, I hope it goes in, stops at the switchtrack, goes backwards and finishes. Although I like the idea of a fake station for the switchtrack, so you think it's over then you suddenly go backwards.
But if there is a pre-show or mid-ride-show, then that will be silly, if they want a story, play it in the queue like Oblivion with videos or how they did with Nemesis, over the speakers, or just with signs you read in the queue.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^ I completley disagree

In general, any ride that keeps a story on the go throughout the duration is generally much better(if they pull ti off) imo.

I mean, a ride with a bit of story during, as long as its not taking away from the experience would surely be better? Not only would it make it more than a ride, but it adds to the ride time aswell!

And i have never got the story of Nemesis through the qline.... I had to read it up, so telling a story through a q line is not always a good thing. Especially when theres a roaring coaster flying over your head

Hex at alton is a good example of how a story should be told. If you are going to be told a story in a q, then it should be a q that is dedicated, i e cut off from the rest of the Q, so basically just a pre show or two... But even then, Hex kinda carries the story on into the ride.

A story during a ride is birlliant basically, if it is done well :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Hex at alton is a good example of how a story should be told. If you are going to be told a story in a q, then it should be a q that is dedicated, i e cut off from the rest of the Q, so basically just a pre show or two... But even then, Hex kinda carries the story on into the ride.

It doesn't make it very re-rideable though. If I want to go on a coaster, I'd rather not have a stupid pre-show. Hex can get away with it because as a stand-alone ride it's quite weak, but coasters shouldn't have all that faff imo.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^ I know, what i was trying to say is that A story on a ride can be just as effective as one told in a Q Line, if not, more so.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I think having a pre show would be a good idea aswell as having a soundtrack throughout the ride. This could carry the story through the woods and the soundtrack builds up in intesity as you re enter the building for the mystery of what is to happen next.
That will tie everything in and have a mid show before the backwards section.

Music can carry along the queue to back up the theming.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
That's really cool. I'd love that to exsist. Theming could be relient to the Alton 2010 coaster. We've not heard anything about the story behind the ride yet, have we?

Status
Not open for further replies.