What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I think that whatever this is it will be a lot better than corkscrew. Also, was bored o sketchup, and found a station concept on the markety thing. I just searched Alton 2010 and there it was.

Is there any chance it could be a vekoma like everest with a new track style?

Slash

Giga Poster
yeah well someone has done a mock up of the ride here if you wanna see it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhHzxKRZf8[/youtube]

To be honest seeing a bit of what it could be like makes me think looks pretty good and I'm hoping for Intamin, but expecting Premier.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Premier can like my man-gash.

Doesn't everybody? :p

I keep thinking this will be like Hex. The ride is simple, and pretty short, but there's all the extras gone into it to make it a ride experience, rather than just a simple coaster.

However, having seen Saw... Erm... Well, we'll keep an open mind :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh dear oh dear.... it's happened already:-

CoasterForce Home Page said:
tut.jpg

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
If that mock up is like the real thing then i cant wait! However that did go above tree height :p

And speaking of hex furie, i loved the music to that mock up

kimahri

CF Legend
I call 220 pages, Mack launched (like blue fire), 5 generic arguments and 1 argument on the colour of it.

I would like some cookies if I'm right.

Mike

Giga Poster
Woodie?... Anyone?... Yes?...
...No?

Damn. :(

I call 200+ pages for this topic, or 3 pages until people start repeating what other people have already said.

A

Anonymous

Well I don't think it will be launched, though it could have a backward launch? Tilt track?

Maybe the dark forest theme will come to light?
Maybe that is what the backwards Oblivion picture was refering to? It shown tilt track and a backwards vertical drop, doubt it would go that deep as the building isn't tall enough for a verticle drop or is it?

I'm not expecting a full on Thrill coaster, Alton in the last few years have tried the family market and tbh I think it is pulling off. I am hoping for a ride that thrills but can be enjoyed that just more than the 1.4+ people. Look at corkscrew, that was a so called family coaster, so maybe this will be too.

Don't all expect a high thrill coaster eg Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita as I think you will be disapointed. Just view it with an open mind and you may be pleasantly suprised.

kimahri

CF Legend
CJH said:
Well I don't think it will be launched, though it could have a backward launch? Tilt track?

NERTS!

Forgot about that.

Ok not launched but the same trains as blue fire and still Mack.

Or a boring Intamin.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I suppose it's possible that the building is just the cover for a deeper trench the ride drops into (Oblivion style)?

A

Anonymous

But still I doubt it could be verticle due to the depth it would need to be?

With the pull-out from the drop etc.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just for information, first page of this topic has been updated with a few details...

spicy

Giga Poster
I won the page guessing on the Saw topic :)

My guess is that this topic will be bigger though, im going for 300 pages.

On the coaster- Really excited about this one, the most I have been about a coaster since the construction of Stealth (that was alot)

I don't think this will dissapoint if you take this for what it is, it is more of a story telling/thrilling coaster and I think its going to be awesome if Alton use the Towers to their advantage here. Which looks like the route they are going down. :)

For the coaster type im going for Intamin Mega-lite to annoy everyone :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
Fantastic news!

I am so glad that it has been granted access, when do you think it will end up being constructed?

A

Anonymous

Excellent!!! Another coaster that will be over in 10 seconds!!!

Im thinking 256 pages and coaster type..... Gertslauer...following in the footsteps of TP.

Seriously though...... I want a MEGA-LITE!!!!

A

Anonymous

I so think that it will be Intamin or Vekoma, by the way, it has switchbacks.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
champions08europe said:
I so think that it will be Intamin or Vekoma, by the way, it has switchbacks.

I so think it will be Premier... For exactly the same reason... And the fact it looks exactly like a Premier ride... And the fact Premier have proven experience in this exact area :)

Status
Not open for further replies.