What's new

Themes we'd like to see

A

Anonymous

Seriously UC, I havent been on the forums long but everytime I see your name, you always have such a nasty attitude to something so simple. You dont like some ideas, so you insist on shooting them down. For what?....I mean, not saying youre an :bad-words: or anything, but why must you approach things with an attitude like that sometimes?.....

"Most Obnoxious & Biggest Ego 2008" doesnt seem to cover it........ :roll:

Anyways, as with most of you guys, Id love to see a coaster or ride themed to a horror movie. My best bet would be somewhat of a Nightmare On Elm Street dream sequence, would be fun. :D Unless Mark Shapiro creates it, wed then see bunnies, blue jays and maybe a claw mark or two..........Or possibly have a preshow to show when Freddy was a child to make it more family oriented? :p

But yeah, anything disorienting would be fun. Mirrors, spinning, close calls, head choppers, etc.

Gazza

Giga Poster
UC said:
Surge: The Ride - "Can you stay the course?"

Huh?

I didn't mean a present day Arabian theme, I meant a theme more along the lines of the Arabian Coast at DisneySea or Wild Wadi in Dubai.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Right UC, I'm telling you now, and I am only going to tell you once:

Stop posting sense, m'kay? I mean, stop trying to hammer sense into these people and their bull**** posts in their bull**** topics, because you can't educate pork, man.

A

Anonymous

All I was simply saying was was there a need to just go through nearly every idea and post your opinion on it in your typical sarcastic touch? Im just saying people might take it differently than suggested.

No harm intended, but Im just saying. Just because you dont think its quite logical, doesnt mean we cant express our views(regardless of how weird or unplausable they are). Just saying, again, no harm intended. :D

Because people around here have a tendency to say things without any kind of logic or reasoning to it.

God forbid everybody doesnt put 110% into a post on a coaster forum about fun themes.......................

Anyway, sorry if I bothered you or anything, I was just simply saying....You were far, very far, from attacking people, but Im just stating that why let someone elses "illogical" post in a way get to you? Must you insist on correcting it?

Forgive, Im new to forums, so I guess this happens often?

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
At one time I re-designed my own park. Everything was based on movies. There was a RRC / FOF re-themed for Aliens. There was a Spiderman from IOA re-themed for Star Wars. There was a taller and faster BLSC called Italian Job with a truck that fell beneath the street just as the ride was going underground. MF was given a ton of special effects and called Terminator. A B&M mega was put in a heavy forest and special effects were added so it would be a better Mummy than the ones at the Universal parks. A fast moving mine ride with lots of tunnels would make a great Indiana Jones themed ride. A wooden coaster would be in an area with a very heavy western theme. Gemini would be given trains that looked like old cars. It would be in an area that looked like the turn of the century and would be called The Great Race (a WB movie from the 60's). A B&M flyer would follow the theme of the second Fantastic Four movie. I wanted to put in a water flume similar to Splash Mountain. It's theme was going to be Jurassic Park. I wonder if WDW and Universal IOA could work together long enough to build a ride? No, probably not, oh well.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Ooh look, a topic getting derailed by a discussion on UC's posting! How unusual :roll:.

Let's keep it on topic please, and anything else to PMs.

marc

CF Legend
If they ever themed a ride to Nightmare On Elm Street I would never in a million years go on it :( so I hope they dont lol.

I still like my idea of Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, but due to the spam I dont think people would have seen it.

A

Anonymous

If they ever themed a ride to Nightmare On Elm Street I would never in a million years go on it so I hope they dont lol.
Aw haha, why? Dont like ANOES?

Im still waiting for a ride to be themed to A Nightmare Before Christmas. Im seriously surprised no park has taken that into mind yet. Its still such a very popular film. A dark ride would suit it so well, especially in 3D. Similar to Curse of Dark Kastle at BGE.

Last two posts edited - I love people who waste their time ;) - furie

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, I agree NBC would work really well.

Maybe as some sort of haunted house type ride, Disney could pull it off well. Ooo, you know what would be super cool? If they only did it for the holidays, because it is really a holiday film.

... oh... wait...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I assume from this that many people forget to do research and just think about the first theme that comes to mind?

In relation to the topic title, how about a 'Mock the Week' themed dark-ride?

All I'd like to see is park's pull their fingers out more often to make an effort to make theming work, obviously this cannot be done in EVERY park for various reasons (Blackpool, Cedar Point, Kennywood) but parks that actually term themselves as 'Theme Parks' but have little in the way of effort in theming since they added a water ride at the turn of the millenium, and since have not found the same capablities yet... :roll:

I always somehow find a way don't I? :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I assume from this that many people forget to do research and just think about the first theme that comes to mind?

In relation to the topic title, how about a 'Mock the Week' themed dark-ride?

All I'd like to see is park's pull their fingers out more often to make an effort to make theming work, obviously this cannot be done in EVERY park for various reasons (Blackpool, Cedar Point, Kennywood) but parks that actually term themselves as 'Theme Parks' but have little in the way of effort in theming since they added a water ride at the turn of the millenium, and since have not found the same capablities yet... :roll:

I always somehow find a way don't I? :lol:

Yep, thats where the title idea came from. I agree that parks should put more effort in, theming makes a good ride great. Look at Oblivion, if it was not for the drop into, ahem, 'Oblivion', mind the pun, the ride would be called boring and short.

If you don't theme rides, then you should not pretend to be a theme park, and advertise yourself as either an amusement or thrill park, not a theme park. Theme park implies that the whole place will be thoroughly themed.

Still convinced they should make an Alien themed Top Spin.

Kevin26

Roller Poster
I still like my idea of Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, but due to the spam I dont think people would have seen it.

Yeah, an RPG theme sounds good.

With Final Fantasy, you can have;

- trains would have a design soley based on the game
- Inverted types
- stand-up coasters
- indoor coasters to the theme of Final Fantasy

---

Even an anime theme would just work as well

NejiHyuga900

Roller Poster
If we want a theme that is copyrighted to a company (Zelda to Nintendo, Final Fantasy to Enix, Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk to Neversoft, Pokemon to Gamefreak, etc.), we would need their permissions, unless if they will make a theme park of one their franchise.

I would love a Naruto-themed amusement park or any anime-themed for that matter.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
marc said:
If they ever themed a ride to Nightmare On Elm Street I would never in a million years go on it :( so I hope they dont lol.

A Nightmare On Elm Street Theme Park? Do you know how off the chain that would be? I'd never leave :--D But the Final Fantasy idea would be absolutely amazing.

Lofty

CF Legend
MORE STEAMPUNK. It needs to be done. With the addition of the one in Rainbow Magicland (Shock?) and also Movie Park Germany (Van Helsing's Factory), I hope other parks start to see how amazing the theme actually is.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ha. I STILL want to do a Bioshock attraction, I did a story for one once, but it's SO costly and SO hard to get permission to do it. :(