What's new

Themes we'd like to see

Kebab

Giga Poster
Anything out-of-the-ordinary suits me! Something a little random seperates rides from the rest, take Furius Baco's theme for example; its the only ride thats themed about Wine processing in the world. I must say the concept was surprisingly brilliant!

I know many have mentioned about game-related companies turning to major theme-parks. Microsoft has enough money surely to build something on the lines of Disneyland.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Inversionperson said:
coasterchris93 said:
surprisingly brilliant!

Suprisingly brilliant or brilliantly suprising? :p

Surprisingly brilliant. Who would have thought a ride themed of an alcoholic drink processor would be so good :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Tbh the only place that really theme the whole ride and not just the station is Disney. A lot of places just theme dark rides but Disney tends to theme the whole coaster.

Apart from Dark Knight :)

The Black Hole and Space Station Zero were well themed but they have gone.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Stand-up, of course. Though, an Invert be a very good idea. Theme the lift to a ski lift, and perhaps put skis on the cars as well? But covering an entire area in snow would be too expensive. I think they only would have to put it at the very end of the ride, where the coaster goes slow enough for the riders to see it.

A "micro"-coaster would be cool too. A coaster where the scenery is blown out of proportion, so that it feels like the riders have shrunk. Though, you would have to put a lot of effort in it for it to be good, but I can see Disney getting a ride like that sooner or later.

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^You're clearly forgetting Temple of the Night Hawk. :p

Very easy to forget :)

I sort of meant the UK tbh we just no longer really theme our rides all the way through.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Following on from Poke's ghost/haunted house themed indoor flying coaster, what about one themed to flying with a jet pack through a space station (Kind of like that level in Crash Bandicoot). The capability for a tight layout would make the Vekoma stingray well suited.

I have a couple of old ideas I drew ages ago too.

One is for a Inverted coaster that goes through the streets and alley ways of a dense arabian themed city, narrowly going through arches and avoiding washing lines strung between buildings. The queue would be at 'street level' and the coaster would thunder overhead.

Another is an idea for a drop tower...the queue starts in a mountain expedition base camp, but you board the ride and make the 'final ascent' to the summit....but the climbing ropes "snap" and you freefall back down.

Another idea is for an indoor topspin, themed to a giant robot/industrial machine....The queue would go through the 'production line' of a factory and you would go in between idle machinery. Then you board the top spin. The floor beneath the ride has industrial pipes running everywhere, and 'leaks' in them provide the water effects top spins are known for.

Error

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^Stand-up, of course. Though, an Invert be a very good idea. Theme the lift to a ski lift, and perhaps put skis on the cars as well? But covering an entire area in snow would be too expensive. I think they only would have to put it at the very end of the ride, where the coaster goes slow enough for the riders to see it.

*cough*
http://www.rcdb.com/id277.htm

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
An art deco themed Dive Machine. Just imagine the station floor and queues to have black and white checkered design, and glass domed and arched roofs on the station and other buildings. Also, load the trains with chrome and fill the queue with billboard like signs advertising the ride and other things in the park with a colorful and suggestive style.

And to really underline the term "carpark coaster" someone should make a real carpark ride, zooming into and out of a large parking house, perhaps a Wild Mouse? It could be themed to rushing to find an idle spot to park.

Well, isn't that sort of like Backlot Stunt Coaster- ish?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Backlot Stunt Coaster only does a helix in the parking structure, which really isn't a parking structure, just a few beams to look like one. I think he's saying a semi enclosed roller coaster that actually goes around a parking structure 'looking' for a spot.

To add to that, a roller coaster themed to those parking structures in the Netherlands(I think) where they are built in a cylindrical shape and you drive your car onto an elevator and it goes up to an open parking spot. Then you drive your car into the spot and the elevator goes back down. This would work well with a tall ride or something that drops.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
On the Top Spin idea, I can see one being themed on the Aliens film, in particular, the fight between Ripley and the queen at the end. The ride would be indoors, dark, industrial looking, have smoke and possibly fire effects, make wierd noises and run on nothing but extremely intense settings all the time. As far as senery goes, there would have to be a to scale animatronic Alien queen, and of cause, the iconic dock loader. Alternatively, theme the ride as the dock loader, and paint it yellow, but I would prefer the first idea, themeing the ride to symbolise just the fight, not part of it. I can't believe that they have never made an Alien ride, they took the films for all they're worth with 3, 4 AVP and AVP2, so why not a ride themed on the best film, albeit the worst, but most iconic, part? Would look amazing, wouldn't be too hard to do-they used Battersea power station to make the film, so they would just need a big shell that looks like the ship at the end, where the fight takes place. Maybe I'll get some drawings up like Gazza. It would work so well, and wouldn't take too much effort to do it effectively enough. This is a perfect role for the Top Spin.

Jer

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
And to really underline the term "carpark coaster" someone should make a real carpark ride, zooming into and out of a large parking house, perhaps a Wild Mouse? It could be themed to rushing to find an idle spot to park.

Well, isn't that sort of like Backlot Stunt Coaster- ish?

Scream! perhaps?

I'd liek to jsut see a ride that totally ****s with your head, and indoor coaster like a Euro Fighter indoors. sorta like the wild mouse with mirros ideas but unexpected drops into oblivion, holding brakes, launches. Then also indoors special effects like mirros strobes and fun stuff like that.

kimahri

CF Legend
Uh... FINAL FANTASY VI THEME!!11!OENE.

Or Panzer Dragoon or something.

Could do a Kingdom Hearts or something as an area in a Disney theme park or something... I HAS NEW IDEA!!

Rez Theme Park would be cool but may lead to mentioned seizures.

What about a Bomberman theme park WITH REAL BOMBS!!!!