What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jay DeMerit is a grade A cock...

That's my view anyways...

USA should qualify for the knockouts... Whether first or second of course depends on how crap England end up playing...

The media here will of course have a field day if England lose any games... Such is the fickle nature of the papers... From "We're AWESOME!!!1" to "God what ****!!!1" in 90 seconds...

Dave

CF Legend
I hate the ITV coverage of games, such **** commentators and such rubbish pundits...

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Dave said:
At work we had a sweepstake and I picked my two teams out. South Africa and Ivory Coast.

Wasted my money right there!

I've got Japan and New Zealand, so count yourself lucky ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think England or the USA are real contenders for the title, but one of them should at least make the quarterfinals depending on what happens in Group D. The Germans are favorite to finish top of that group & whoever finishes second in Group C (England or America) will have a tough time advancing beyond the round of 16. But I wouldn't be surprised if Germany finishes second in their group, which would mean that the winner of Group C will have the tougher road to the Quarters.

That being said, I will be pulling for the USA & England to do well, but I'll remain loyal to the Fatherland & pull for Germany all the way! I'm also hoping for Argentina to go all the way, if the Germans should falter. I really would like to see Milito & Messi have a great tournament. But the thing I would like to see most is for France to go out early.

So here are my overall predictions:
Group A winner: France
Group A runner-up: Mexico (but S. Africa would be nice)
Group B winner: Argentina
Group B runner-up: Nigeria
Group C winner: England
Group C runner-up: USA
Group D winner: Germany
Group D runner-up: Serbia
Group E winner: Holland
Group E runner-up: Denmark
Group F winner: Italy
Group F runner-up: Slovakia
Group G winner: Brazil
Group G runner-up: Ivory Coast
Group H winner: Spain
Group H runner-up: Chile

Round of 16:
Nigeria beats France
England beats Serbia
Germany beats USA
Argentina beats Mexico
Holland beats Slovakia
Brazil beats Chile
Italy beats Denmark
Ivory Coast beats Spain

Quarterfinals:
Brazil beats Holland
England beats Nigeria
Argentina beats Germany (I hope it's the other way round, but the winner goes all the way)
Italy beats Ivory Coast

Semifinals:
Brazil beats England
Argentina beats Italy

Third place:
Italy beats England

Final:
Argentina beats Brazil

Here are my first game predictions:
Mexico beats S. Africa
France beats Uruguay
S. Korea ties Greece
Argentina beats Nigeria
England ties USA
Algeria beats Slovenia
Serbia beats Ghana
Germany beats Australia
Holland beats Denmark
Japan ties Cameroon
Italy beats Paraguay
Slovakia beats New Zealand
Ivory Coast ties Portugal
Brazil beats N. Korea
Chile ties Honduras
Spain beats Switzerland

Let the games begin!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I guess I should also make score predictions:
Mexico 2-0 South Africa
Uruguay 1-2 France

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, according to the World Cup predictor game, here are my predictions (at this time) for the first round of matches:

South Africa 0-1 Mexico
Uruguay 0-3 France
South Korea 1-2 Greece
Argentina 2-1 Nigeria
England 2-0 USA
Algeria 1-1 Slovenia
Serbia 0-0 Ghana
Germany 3-0 Australia
Netherlands 2-2 Denmark
Japan 1-1 Cameroon
Italy 2-0 Paraguay
New Zealand 1-1 Slovakia
Ivory Coast 1-1 Portugal
Brazil 2-0 North Korea
Honduras 0-0 Chile
Spain 3-0 Switzerland

I'm a bit cheesed off though as next Wednesday our school looks like closing at lunch for the England match, but I have to stay behind as I have a General Studies exam at 1.30 until 3.30, so by the time I get back home, I'd have missed the 1st half and possibly the start of the second half :evil:

Bloody exam boards...

Rush

Giga Poster
Call me a traitor but I'll be rooting for USA on Saturday because:

a) I got them in a sweepstake.
b) I'm Welsh.

USA! USA! xD

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
It's only General Studies. You can resit the exam, but you can never resit the match. Just saying.

I get £100 EMA for attending all my exams. £100 > England playing awful but still winning.

;)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I think that really highlights the difference between students and 'professionals'. I'd happily take a £100 cut in my months pay so I could watch England in the world cup, it happens once every four years!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ £100 is a lot for me when it's the only thing you have coming in and you have to pay for EVERYTHING you need... Plus, and additional useless qualification might come in handy when I need to explain how new housing conflicts the opinions of traditionalist and modern views on accommodation...

But, bad news...see Bad News topic :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just been to Asda! £50 on beer, chocolate, pizza, tortilla's and dips! (Should last til' Monday ;))

BRING IT ON!

Snoo

The Legend
Rush said:
Call me a traitor but I'll be rooting for USA on Saturday because:

a) I got them in a sweepstake.
b) I'm Welsh.

USA! USA! xD

Good man. Always could trust the Welsh. :p

Dave

CF Legend
Lain said:
Using the BBC's magic thing, this is my prediction:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/inc/v4 ... uko9ud9dou

I reckon if South Africa get a decent result tomorrow, with the whole nation behind them, they could easily reach the quarters.

If they do I'll be £15 richer!

The USA vs England game will be tight, I think USA will score first and scare the English team into working and will beat the US 2-1. But will be a close game.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Don't be silly. England will thrash the USA because their back wing is rubbish and our man up-front can skillfully execute the offside maneuver before the half time oranges are cut!

Urgh, one more month of listening to that sort of crap at work. At least I can choose not to read this topic.

I have booked the day after every England game off work so I don't have to listen to everybody making out that they know better than the players or manager.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ In my old job, I had every England game booked off and everyday after in case I was hungover!

Now I'm looking for work I think its gunna have to be take what I can get... at least in this job I've got an interview for today it'll essentially be a free role for myself, depending other people don't let me down!