What's new

The Scottish Referendum

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
They're going no where, some polls today suggested 53% no and 52% no. I would eat my head if it actually is that close, I think when it comes down to it the 'not knowing' will mean Scotland will stay. Here are some headlines for today's papers in the UK as today is the day!

BxxIDUvIUAAXbxo.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
About 55 - 45.

I think they made the sensible choice.

I don't think we should give them more power. They're already the most privileged nation in the UK, just because they cry about it doesn't mean we should give them extra ****.

nealbie

CF Legend
85% turnout therefore proper result is 47% No and 38% Yes. 15% of the Electorate were undecided. Neither answer achieved a majority.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Wow. Salmond has stood down, something I really wasn't expecting to be honest, despite being a class A **** I didn't realise he was so spineless. What a dick head I mean seriously XD

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^Ummm, you do know that his ONE objective was to get Scotland independent? And he failed. When most politicians a faced with something like that, they often resign and it's the same for a lot of football managers as well.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah I know but in his speech this morning he was saying how Scotland needs to look forward and to think how far they've come for independence. I personally think it's spineless. This is why I don't like politics. In life you are told to get up and try again and although another referendum might be out of the question just giving up makes me dislike the man even more, but then that is, like you say, what politicians do.

Something else that has now pissed me off, both Cameron and Miliband have, now Salmond has stepped down, been like 'ooooh, Alex is such a talented and fierce politician', ugh I HATE politics. Everyone is so two faced.

marc

CF Legend
The thing is the votes are checked three times so I doubt this is correct plus the no vote was ahead by about 400,000 and there is no way they moved that many.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Oh **** off was it rigged. If they'd got the yes vote exactly the same would happened with no supporters. If there's one thing I feel we can be happy about in Britain is a pretty darn decent democratic system, the government might create some **** decisions and we don't like most politicians because they're not human etc etc but the vote wasn't **** rigged. Scotland didn't want to leave end of.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
/\ I personally don't believe it was rigged either and with a split of 55% to 45%, it was a clear win for 'No' voters. There are two types of people who think it was rigged- butthurt yes voters and conspiracy theorists who think every triangle in the media is proof of the illuminati.