What's new

The Royal Wedding!

Sam

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
^Deadly. In fact, most people I've talked to are pretty annoyed about it. We have A-Levels coming up, and this bloody wedding is in the last weeks of school. I'd actually like to do well in my exams.

Any other year I'd love to have days off school, just not this year.

You need to go out, get pissed and get yourself laid sunshine.

You're 18 years old for christ sake.

Jesus, the youth these days.

I will be celebrating the royal wedding by having an all day drinking session and hopefully finding some dirty little tart so I can have a royal wedding night of my own.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm leaving the country on Tuesday, and not coming back until May 2nd. Hopefully I'll miss the worst of it.

Phantasialand for the actual wedding day though <3

Ben

CF Legend
jokerman said:
I don't really care about it that much. What I do care about is losing two days of school, when I've still got loads of stuff to learn for my exams. That's what has annoyed me most.

I was thinking about this this morning, cause I have a life, but, aren't you only losing one day anyway? The Friday? They're not giving you the Thursday off are they...?

Cause you'd have the Monday off REGARDLESS cause it's May Day.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Sam said:

That's the plan for Uni. Which I'd quite like to get into.

Ben, it's all lost time, regardless of the reason.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, but, you're only losing one day over what EVERYONE loses, year after year... Not two...

Plus, if you're not smart enough to cope with losing one day, you won't be smart enough to cope with Uni!

jokerman

Giga Poster
I completely understand what you're saying Ben, I'm just not happy about it.

And obviously I'm not going to piss away a day without working, but like I said, we haven't actually finished the course, so it's not revising that I'm worried about, it's the learning of new stuff.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Sam said:

I thought Sam was speaking to me then but I realised I hadn't posted in this topic :lol:

I actually think I will watch the ceremony on TV. May as well, no matter what you think of the Royals, it is a big occasion which is quite a rarity. I'll buy the newspaper that morning and keep it as a memento, and I'll buy one the day after too for the same reason.

Oh, and Kate is ****ing fit. Good on the non-ginger one for ploughing that.

Ben

CF Legend
jokerman said:
I completely understand what you're saying Ben, I'm just not happy about it.

And obviously I'm not going to piss away a day without working, but like I said, we haven't actually finished the course, so it's not revising that I'm worried about, it's the learning of new stuff.

I get you, but, at the same time, my dissertation is due on the Tuesday after, and the library's going to be shut because of the Royal Wedding from the Thursday before, and I'm not mooannniing. You just get on with it! AND they're spiting us TWO days, the Thursday and the Friday. We didn't finish a load of my maths modules... still got an A... :roll:

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I need an A*...

Writing a dissertation is a bit different from missing a lesson at school. I'm not saying it'll be easy for you, but if you desperately need something from a library you can get the information before the library shuts. I can't do the same with a teacher.

Anyway, overall I'm rather uninterested in the whole wedding.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was annoyed because it's in the Easter holidays, meaning that I'd be off work anyway.

Just found out that we're getting a day off later to make up for it though. :smile:

weedjam

Roller Poster
Anyone who is even vaguely considering watching this and is less than the age of 45 should completely re-evaluate their political & philosophical mindset.

Dave

CF Legend
weedjam said:
Anyone who is even vaguely considering watching this and is less than the age of 45 should completely re-evaluate their political & philosophical mindset.

I'm going to watch it. I don't need to re-evaluate anything except you puzzling post.

kimahri

CF Legend
^Whats puzzling about it. It's his opinion, therefore, it must be law. You've been around Ben long enough to know this.

:roll:

weedjam

Roller Poster
Well the old guard probably have some variety of sentimental attachment to the royal family, the youth have the rebelliousness and questioning nature that is intrinsic to their age and situation; therefore they are far more likely to hold anti-royalist opinions.