What's new

The Royal Wedding!

mouse

Giga Poster
Please post here if you are planning anything to celebrate the marriage of William and Kate. :--D
I'm going up to London with family to see it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not interested but I love the pomp surrounding it. It's a good British showcase.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't even love the pomp surrounding it. Bit fat nothing to me.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't really care about it that much. What I do care about is losing two days of school, when I've still got loads of stuff to learn for my exams. That's what has annoyed me most.

Jake

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
I don't really care about it that much. What I do care about is losing two days of school, when I've still got loads of stuff to learn for my exams. That's what has annoyed me most.

Are you serious?

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Deadly. In fact, most people I've talked to are pretty annoyed about it. We have A-Levels coming up, and this bloody wedding is in the last weeks of school. I'd actually like to do well in my exams.

Any other year I'd love to have days off school, just not this year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Right, so why not commit the two days to nailing another topic. That way they're not wasted. Sure, the teachers can't teach you, but you could always revise.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Of course that's what I'll do, but I'd much rather be at school doing work. It just means that we've lost a few hours of teaching for our last units, so learning that will be rushed. Trying to do the whole of special relativity in a week will be fun.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'm pretty sure it's not all of special relativity. ;)

tks

Strata Poster
I'm working (strangely). But we expect it to be dead so we're just putting up bunting everywhere, wearing silly hats and eating cucumber sandwiches, sausage rolls, scotch eggs and coronation chicken!

Martyn

Giga Poster
In a rather unlikely turn of events, is possible that I'll be going to London, sitting in Hyde Park, and being overly stereotypically British, having a picnic and drinking Pimms while watching it on a big screen, apparently.

Sounds a bit gay, but also quite fun, as long as the weather's nice.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ WTF? I hope that's to impress a girl, Hoyer.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Not really. I think it'll be mostly girls there, but I'm not looking to impress any of them...

It's not definite yet, and my car just started making funny noises...