What's new

The Games we play...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ooooh, a new Zelda. I can't WAIT to see if we get the Boomerang or the Grappling Hook first this time...

Zelda has stagnated so much. I love Ocarina of Time, I just wish they'd stop remaking it in different dresses

From what I've read they've changed up the formula a lot for the new game. Twilight Princess was really just abit of fan-service as everyone wanted a "new OoT" it didn't introduce anything new or innovotive. I'm glad they're actually doing it differently with this game and creating a game the wii was born for, shame it took so long for them to polish up, but it's nice to know they really put the effort in this time.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, most of Nintendo's games sucked after they had the N64 treatment. Mario, Zelda and Star Fox reached their pinnacle on the N64, the subsequent ones never came close. Although I'd give Mario Galaxy a half-smile.

I agree with Ben. Zelda games have become rather stale and predictable, so I'm not cartwheeling over Skyward Sword, but as bob_3 mentioned this one has gone back to it's roots. Edge gave it 10/10 and OMN gave it 98%.

I just think I've grown out of computer games. When I go round a mates house, they sit there playing some shooting Nazi zombies games and despite trying, I can't enjoy it. I end up sitting playing games on the iPhone.

I am looking forward to the new Zelda. It's a game I can sit and play with a nostalgic feeling and enjoy the (same old story) story unfold. I'll come back to this topic with a "after five mins of play" review after 5mins of play.

Oh, and if you preorder the new Zelda from Game (unsure about other stores), you get a gold Wii remote with a built in Wii Motion Plus (no silly, cumbersome attachment) and an orchestral CD of the music throughout the series.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^ So you pre-ordered the more expensive of the two? As here, ypu can order just game, or the 'delurcks' set and get the gold wiimote, orchestral cd and the feeling of accomplishment ridden with forever alone.

Note that Im not making fun of you, but mainly the states for doing what they do when you want to buy a new game (halo reach and its basic, deluxe and legendary)

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I want the CD and I don't have a Wii Motion Plus attachment thing (which you need to play the game), so it makes sense!

And this trailer made me LOL. I bet this doesn't make the UK cut! Btw, Europe is getting the game before the rest of the world. Exclusive!
zeldapoof.jpg

<3

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I think you get the CD in both normal and special edition versions, however, just having the remote without cumbersome plus adaptation is selling it to me...

I've planned it out actually, get Arkham City tomorrow, giving me over a week to finish that, then Skyward Sword, then finish Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in time for Christmas... Easy...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Mario Galaxy was fantastic I thought, really polished. But I didn't really look forward or expect it to be good, I bought it on a whim. And I only play it in short bursts when I need something satisfying to fiddle with.

But I'm on the same boat as Ian in terms of games. I struggle to stay playing them a long time, maybe a few minutes at a time at best. When I was a kid I played games till the early mornings, I remember being obsessed with GTA3. But when I played GTAIV on my mates Xbox (I was looking forward to having a go after remembering how much time I spent on 3) I thought "this is cool" then I turned over to watch TV and play on my phone after abit.

Alot people I work with keep going on about various games coming out on their PS3s and Xboxs, and out of curiosity I go and check them out but I usually find they're all the same in terms of control mechanics and style.

Maybe it's just the way things have moved on, or maybe it's beacuse I'm older and I just crave abit of nostalgia. All I know is this new Zelda will be the first game I've actually looked forward to owning in a LONG time.

Ben

CF Legend
Mario Galaxy was really good. Then Nintendo remembered who they were, re-released it with a 2 on the end, and that was a bit crap.

I would give Skyward Sword a spin, but, A. Don't have Motion Plus so I can't rent it, and I'm not paying for it and B. It's on the Wii. If they could make it with a NORMAL controller, I'd be well excited. But, I just know how it's going to go...

I agree a lot of games at the moment are quite samey in how they play, shooters mainly, but, then you get stuff like Batman Arkham City. Portal 2. LA Noire. Some proper AWESOME games are still coming out. In fact, I think it has been a bloody good year.

Playing Sonic Generations now. It's fab <3 Actual GOOD Sonic again. So weird.

Ollie

CF Legend
This looks amazing. If the final game turns out anything like this then it's going to be fantastic. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7Sr3rgGS8[/youtube]

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
For anyone interested, preorder Assassins Creed Revelations on OnLive before the 19th Nov (at £34.99), and get a free OnLive Microconsole.

Josh73

Giga Poster
^^The graphics were so good, I got butterflies in my stomach. Now my hopes are hight (probably a little too high) for the actual game.

kimahri

CF Legend
^ Oh the old days.

Anyway, currently addicted to Skyrim. I'm a Kahjiit and I have and an adorable tail and I look cute and cuddly and I need more stealthy lookin armor and stuff...

Jer

Strata Poster
Hint for kim: Use Leather armor for stealthing

Yeah i'm pretty much addicted to Skyrim too, it's just too damn good, and too damn emersive, I love it.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
Anyway, currently addicted to Skyrim.
I'm going to have to pick that up sooner or later. Probably sooner rather than later. It's one of the few games around at the moment that I'm actually interested in playing.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
This looks amazing. If the final game turns out anything like this then it's going to be fantastic. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7Sr3rgGS8[/youtube]

Heavy Rain with guns! Yawn, needs more Skyrim.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
<3 <3

I can't believe that as a grown man of 31 years old, I'm actually looking forward to playing a game that I haven't downloaded from iTunes!

IMG_7236.jpg

I threw away the awful rubber grip sheath they supplied with the remote <3 And I'm going to listen to the CD on the drive home from work <3

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Hahaha im in the same boat ian! I got it but i have to go to alton towers for an interview.

Im currently sitting on the train with it in my bag, i got out the gold remote before when no one was around! Feel like a kid agian.

Ben

CF Legend
I managed to snag a copy early.

As in 1998 when they first released Ocarina of Time and then haven't changed anything since.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
I managed to snag a copy early.

As in 1998 when they first released Ocarina of Time and then haven't changed anything since.

PMSL! I've had Minor_furie giving me rhetoric all week about EXACTLY that.

"Listen Minor_F, I don't care!!! As far as I'm concerned ALL Zelda games suck, you don't just need to go on about the recent ones" ;)

I picked up Mario 3D instead to see more of the same. I'm determined for a Mario game to prove me wrong and actually be good (actually, New SMB on the DS was excellent, but a pity Nintendo then screwed up by releasing the same game with motion controls on the Wii and ruined it).

I'll find out tomorrow when I can be bothered to go and pick up my pre-order.